Lions interested in Vilma

BroadwayJoe12

I know there was rumors that the jets are interested in shaun rogers, but it just came out on rotoworld that.... "Coach Rod Marinelli acknowledged at the NFL Combine that the Lions have interest in Jonathan Vilma. The Jets have given Vilma, 25, permission to seek a trade. "He's a heck of a player," Marinelli said. Vilma would likely work well as a middle linebacker in Marinell's Tampa 2 scheme."

This could further the rumors that the vilma for rogers swap could happen.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know there was rumors that the jets are interested in shaun rogers, but it just came out on rotoworld that.... "Coach Rod Marinelli acknowledged at the NFL Combine that the Lions have interest in Jonathan Vilma. The Jets have given Vilma, 25, permission to seek a trade. "He's a heck of a player," Marinelli said. Vilma would likely work well as a middle linebacker in Marinell's Tampa 2 scheme."

This could further the rumors that the vilma for rogers swap could happen.

I would do it... instead of a second or third round pick...

And I'd still take a NT prospect in the 4th-5th. Still need a backup and Rogers will clearly need breathers. Pouha is a UFA after this year & re-signing him just might not be in our long-term plans.

Yeah, I agree.

I'm far from convinced with Pouha even as a backup. Hopefully if we do get Rogers, he gets in great condition.

And I'd still take a NT prospect in the 4th-5th. Still need a backup and Rogers will clearly need breathers. Pouha is a UFA after this year & re-signing him just might not be in our long-term plans.

I would love to find a team for Drob and resign pouha to rotate in with rogers, but that's just not gonna happen.

Yeah, I agree.

I'm far from convinced with Pouha even as a backup. Hopefully if we do get Rogers, he gets in great condition.

If he wants another signing bonus (which the Jets might give him & the Lions would not) then he may. What happens after that I don't know.

No worries. Tangini will promise it to him, he'll give the team everything he's got, and then we'll re-neg on the offer. I actually KNOW they can get THAT done.

if we don't sign a DE/DT to compliment him, the jets FO is as dumb as i thought. Even if we lost every game next year, i'd like to be able to say, 'we had a hell of a defensive line" :biggrin:

BTW, the lions would make out like bandits, vilma and simms is a damn good linebacking corps.

If he wants another signing bonus (which the Jets might give him & the Lions would not) then he may. What happens after that I don't know.

No worries. Tangini will promise it to him, he'll give the team everything he's got, and then we'll re-neg on the offer. I actually KNOW they can get THAT done.

POTW.

I can't accept trading a player for a coach, which is basically what we are doing with Drob and Vilma

Don't get me wrong, I like Mangini...but he should play the defense which best suits his players

he doesn't, and we will lose 3 high 1st rounders because of that

I can't accept trading a player for a coach, which is basically what we are doing with Drob and Vilma

Don't get me wrong, I like Mangini...but he should play the defense which best suits his players

Well it's too late now. We already have David Harris who IMO is better than Vilma ever was.

D-Rob was never ever that good to begin with.

It does suck unloading a perfectly good linebacker for the sake of the coach. the only consolation we get is that Harris is a very good linebacker as well, that and we are getting good value for vilma.

This is completely unfair. Vilma will have a better year in Detroit than Rogers here in NY. I know there playing different positions but still. Vilma is more valuable.

If by having a better year you mean having more tackles than sure he'll probably have a better year. But than your probably ignoring the key cog in the 34 defense, which is a NT. If rogers can play to his potential as our NT than his impact on our defense will double the impact that vilmas 100+ tackles will have on the lions. This of course all speculation, because we don't know if the trade will even happen or if rogers will even be motivated, but if we are going purely on potential, than rogers wins hands down.

This is completely unfair. Vilma will have a better year in Detroit than Rogers here in NY. I know there playing different positions but still. Vilma is more valuable.

:wtf:

You have to be ****ing kidding me.

Vilma is dead weight on this defence, Rogers is exactly what this 3-4 D needs, a body in the middle.

I couldn't agree more but look it's been 2 years. Face the facts, HE JUST AIN'T A GONNA DO IT" .

Exactly. People just have to accept the truth with Vilma.

What truth? That in 4 years he's made one probowl appearance (as an alternate) and is a zero-time all-pro?

All I see the guy do is make tackles after the damage is done. Total tackles can be impressive but they don't have to be. It also means a team is running right at him.

Bye Vilma. Thanks for being decent for 2 years & then sucking for 2 years.

What truth? That in 4 years he's made one probowl appearance (as an alternate) and is a zero-time all-pro?

All I see the guy do is make tackles after the damage is done. Total tackles can be impressive but they don't have to be. It also means a team is running right at him.

Bye Vilma. Thanks for being decent for 2 years & then sucking for 2 years.

Yes, that truth.

What did you think I meant?

Archived