Barry Balco to D-rays???

Blackout

Why would Tampa do this is my question?

42% of major league fans still do not know that there is a franchise in Tampa. If they sign Bonds and he gets arrested they will receive National press coverage for the 2nd time ever.

(The first time was when they stole Kazmir from the Mets. Corruption in sports? Arlen Specter should look into that trade).

42% of major league fans still do not know that there is a franchise in Tampa. If they sign Bonds and he gets arrested they will receive National press coverage for the 2nd time ever.

(The first time was when they stole Kazmir from the Mets. Corruption in sports? Arlen Specter should look into that trade).

I am starting to really expect a good Mets year coming up.

I wasn't sure, but the signs all seem to be there.

The percentage of Yankee fans posts, that have some type of Met poke in them are at an all time high. Something is in the air.

I mean, all these Yankee fans can't be wrong, can they? Their Met radar is set on ultra high. ;)

Kazmir for Zambrano will be the legacy of Steve Phillips.

I am starting to really expect a good Mets year coming up.

I wasn't sure, but the signs all seem to be there.

The percentage of Yankee fans posts, that have some type of Met poke in them are at an all time high. Something is in the air.

I mean, all these Yankee fans can't be wrong, can they? Their Met radar is set on ultra high. ;)

Come on man. With my limited baseball knowledge you know that most of my non-yankee posts are Kazmir in nature!

It's all I got. Don't you dare take that away from me!!!

This makes absolutely no sense IMO. You've got a team that's got a very young and very talented lineup. They've gotten rid of the likes of Delmon Young and Elijah Dukes because they were clubhouse cancers. Now they're going to bring in another one? Albeit a 43 year old cancer. If the Rays are serious about finally pulling themselves out of the baseball gutter and want to gain respect, they need to avoid continuously being the team where baseball careers go to die (i.e. Wade Boggs, Fred McGriff, Jose Canseco..etc)

Exactly Mavrik. They just tried to clean up their clubhouse and they would want to bring in Bonds? Ridiculous move

santana

kazmir

glavine

maine

el duque

one amazing rotation

This makes absolutely no sense IMO. You've got a team that's got a very young and very talented lineup. They've gotten rid of the likes of Delmon Young and Elijah Dukes because they were clubhouse cancers. Now they're going to bring in another one? Albeit a 43 year old cancer. If the Rays are serious about finally pulling themselves out of the baseball gutter and want to gain respect, they need to avoid continuously being the team where baseball careers go to die (i.e. Wade Boggs, Fred McGriff, Jose Canseco..etc)

1 year for maybe 7 or 8 mill - thats not too bad to get someone who will get on base 45% of the time if not more

First off, they're just the "Rays" and secondly, Bonds would be a great signing for them in terms of selling tickets and merchandise. Nothing else. He's done.

1st-yes its "rays" but that sounds gay.

2nd-bonds' on base was .480 with 132 walks in 126 games. thats production.

This would be exactly what the D-Rays need.

This would draw fans to the games (they can't give away free parking forever)..and would legitimately upgrade their roster. Stick him as a DH..what's the worst that happens?

they have free parking??? are you serious? haha

Archived