Let's rock

Jet Moses

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great thread dudes! Wow.

I'm sure this has been posted, but with apologies to whomever did post it, here it is again...

A man at one with his instrument:

John Entwistle isolated during "Wont get fooled again"

[youe]

Nice find. The guy was great.

Here's an underapreciated rythym section of Geezer Butler and Bill Ward

UBSCPcJ8jpg&feature=related

Another mostly unsung guitar great. This one's for you, L.S.

Fleetwood Mac

Like It This Way

(No, that ain't f**king Lindsay Buckingham, mother f**ker. :))

Coincidence you bring up the riff meister Peter Green, Borgo.

Big arguments this weekend when the band was practicing - we're looking at kicking down the tempo on our cover of Willie Cobb's, You Don't Love Me from the Allman Brothers arrangement. Our 1 lead player suggests we bring it down to where Clapton and Mayall's Bluesbreakers did it. But thats on A Hard Road which I knew was Greens' first album with the Bluesbreakers and in fact, he even sings it on the album.

I lent my vinyl of that out before a lot of posters here were even born and never got it back so I couldn't prove it by hardcopy till I remembered a friend had it digital and he emailed it to me. I won the bet. Peter Green thoughout all his struggles remains a grand master of the Les Paul and the Strat.

Coincidence you bring up the riff meister Peter Green, Borgo.

Big arguments this weekend when the band was practicing - we're looking at kicking down the tempo on our cover of Willie Cobb's, You Don't Love Me from the Allman Brothers arrangement. Our 1 lead player suggests we bring it down to where Clapton and Mayall's Bluesbreakers did it. But thats on A Hard Road which I knew was Greens' first album with the Bluesbreakers and in fact, he even sings it on the album.

I lent my vinyl of that out before a lot of posters here were even born and never got it back so I couldn't prove it by hardcopy till I remembered a friend had it digital and he emailed it to me. I won the bet. Peter Green thoughout all his struggles remains a grand master of the Les Paul and the Strat.

Don't you hate losing irreplaceable albums, NJ? When we moved from California in 2001, I had something like 300-400 albums "lost" by the moving company. It's taken me years to put back my collection digitally, but how do you replace classic record covers, many of which were signed? I could have killed somebody, especially because I know some scumbag made off with my records. Anyway, good luck with your new arrangement. That's going to be fun. Why don't you post a vid of one of your gigs or a practice some time?

Nice find. The guy was great.

Here's an underapreciated rythym section of Geezer Butler and Bill Ward

UBSCPcJ8jpg&feature=related

He is a bad a$$ rock bass player, very melodic without being showy. Iommi gets all the press, but like Entwistle, Butler is a force on stage. Here's one of my Sabbath favorites, Snow Blind. How huge is Ozzy? LOL.

IkbMd3Bygzs&feature=related

Don't you hate losing irreplaceable albums, NJ? When we moved from California in 2001, I had something like 300-400 albums "lost" by the moving company. It's taken me years to put back my collection digitally, but how do you replace classic record covers, many of which were signed? I could have killed somebody, especially because I know some scumbag made off with my records. Anyway, good luck with your new arrangement. That's going to be fun. Why don't you post a vid of one of your gigs or a practice some time?

I don't have any footage of the current line-up, Borgo but we're working on some along with a website. Here's audio of us doing You Don't Love Me with the Allman Brothers arrangement:

http://www.zr02.com/YDLM_F2.mp3

I hear you with the vinyl lament. A million different reasons why it's missing - all I know is I bought it cause I loved it and I dont have it.

Different deal today with digital music. Everything I own is on a hard drive and backed up on another. I had good vinyl ruined back in the day by people scratching and spilling crap on it at parties. Lost a King Crimson LP to one of my roomates putting the little painted turtle from the fish tank on the turntable at 78rpm because he was baked and wanted to watch the thing fly off. It isnt that vinyl is more fragile than CD's - you just couldn't archive it.

I don't have any footage of the current line-up, Borgo but we're working on some along with a website. Here's audio of us doing You Don't Love Me with the Allman Brothers arrangement:

http://www.zr02.com/YDLM_F2.mp3

I hear you with the vinyl lament. A million different reasons why it's missing - all I know is I bought it cause I loved it and I dont have it.

Different deal today with digital music. Everything I own is on a hard drive and backed up on another. I had good vinyl ruined back in the day by people scratching and spilling crap on it at parties. Lost a King Crimson LP to one of my roomates putting the little painted turtle from the fish tank on the turntable at 78rpm because he was baked and wanted to watch the thing fly off. It isnt that vinyl is more fragile than CD's - you just couldn't archive it.

Awesome, NJ! You guys definitely captured the Allman vibe and sound. I like that your band added more of a swing tempo to the arrangement. Are you one of the guitar players? If yes, which solo? You guys also have a very cool drummer.

Awesome, NJ! You guys definitely captured the Allman vibe and sound. I like that your band added more of a swing tempo to the arrangement. Are you one of the guitar players? If yes, which solo? You guys also have a very cool drummer.

I struggle with kumbaya on the guitar bro - thats me percussioning. The Mayall/Peter Green version of that is a lot the same except it doesnt have Duane and Betts throwing those magical leads for almost 15 minutes like they do in the Filmore cut.

But make no mistake - thats Green and Mayalls' arrangement that is ripped off by the Brothers.

I struggle with kumbaya on the guitar bro - thats me percussioning. The Mayall/Peter Green version of that is a lot the same except it doesnt have Duane and Betts throwing those magical leads for almost 15 minutes like they do in the Filmore cut.

But make no mistake - thats Green and Mayalls' arrangement that is ripped off by the Brothers.

I swear, I thought you were a guitar player. You know what's great, though? I gave you a compliment without even knowing you were the drummer. Now you know it was sincere. Thanks also for the insight into the Green/Mayall arrangement. Here it is. You're right, very swingin'.

e7IEKNOGkAU

NJ- awesome audio. Do you guys play around nj/ny ?

Entwisle- great bassist

Sabbath rhythm section= top notch.. i love bill ward especially in the early days

something about peter green.. from the second i heard him.. he pretty much became my favorite guitar player.. at least tied for first since there's so many i love but you get the picture. Personally, I hear a lot of Peter Green in Jimmy Page's playing

Awesome, NJ!

Sounds great, NJ!

:D

NJ- awesome audio. Do you guys play around nj/ny ?

Thanks guys - we pretty much just play in Chicago and the suburbs but I'm going to see if I cant put something together in Indy for the Jets/Colts next year.

Thanks guys - we pretty much just play in Chicago and the suburbs but I'm going to see if I cant put something together in Indy for the Jets/Colts next year.

Cool. Keep me posted. There's a great band from Chicago- the Redwalls.. have you heard of them? if not you should try to check them out when they play again. great live show

I'm ashamed gents - how did we let this slip by?

1y_ts0uDaVk

I remember posting that here or over at JI either for underrated album or best guitar solo...something. I think I was one of the 100 people that bought this phenomenal album when it came out. (I even bought the massively esoteric and depressing Berlin, believe it or not.) Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner just scorch those tracks. What monster tone. That intro is mesmerizing, as is their work on Heroin and White Light. Great addition to the thread, NJ.

I'm ashamed gents - how did we let this slip by?

1y_ts0uDaVk

Prolly havent heard that in 20 years.

Good find.

About three years ago I saw Lou Reed near Tower Records in the village.

I thought "Holy crap, I'm watching Lou Reed walking around the village in NYC"....

Very cool.

You know what? This classic would be a great cover for your power duo. If you haven't already heard it, check out the original by Willie Dixon. Unfortunately, it's not on YouTube.

I'm well aware of this song, unfortunately I forgot about it for a little while. It would be a great song to cover and I remember talking about it with my friend a while ago, sh!t. Thanks for reminding me! I just hope I don't forget again

Man...does anything look cooler than a Rickenbacker in black and white?

Absolutely right, 32. Those old Riks are awesome, especially in those old films from the 60s. As a bass player in high school, I wanted a stereo Rik bass because of Chris Squire of Yes:

271411.jpg

Right? Such soul.

Its funny though, seeing them all stuck with those stupid Beatles hair cuts.....

lol

I can't say that I remember The Small Faces in '65 (I was eight). My first memory of Steve Marriott and his powerfully soulful vocals was when I found Humble Pie. Another guy that just floors you with soul and delivery is Steve Winwood. Think about the fact that he was 15 years-old when he joined the Spencer Davis Group, and 17 when he wrote Gimmee Some Lovin' and I'm A Man. Are you kidding me? What an amazing talent. Where does that voice come from at that young age? Damn.

BFaT69CyyKU

AzN0mMx-sJg

I can't say that I remember The Small Faces in '65 (I was eight). My first memory of Steve Marriott and his powerfully soulful vocals was when I found Humble Pie. Another guy that just floors you with soul and delivery is Steve Winwood. Think about the fact that he was 15 years-old when he joined the Spencer Davis Group, and 17 when he wrote Gimmee Some Lovin' and I'm A Man. Are you kidding me? What an amazing talent. Where does that voice come from at that young age? Damn.

BFaT69CyyKU

AzN0mMx-sJg

Yeah, Stevie had that Whiskey soaked, world weary thing going on from the start...

Its funny, watching that "GImmee some lovin"...I was always bothered that it didnt have a nice sizzling guitar solo, even a brief one, in the middle!

I kind of drift past that song for that reason when I hear it...

Silly, I know.

I can't say that I remember The Small Faces in '65 (I was eight). My first memory of Steve Marriott and his powerfully soulful vocals was when I found Humble Pie.

You don't remember this blaring out of an AM radio when you were 10, Borgo?

It's really the only Small Faces or Faces song that got AM airtime till Marriot left and Rod joined the band - but there really wasn't any FM radio till 69 0r 70.

VJzcF0v1eOE

You don't remember this blaring out of an AM radio when you were 10, Borgo?

It's really the only Small Faces or Faces song that got AM airtime till Marriot left and Rod joined the band - but there really wasn't any FM radio till 69 0r 70.

VJzcF0v1eOE

I just don't remember them for some reason, NJ. I can still recall watching The Beatles and The Stones on Ed Sullivan, and singing to Meet The Beatles at my friend's birthday party in '64. That one is way back in the memory banks. I even remember my parents telling us kids not to play any more Beatles songs on the jukebox at Basilio's on Staten Island. It was three plays for a quarter, and we didn't listen to them. After all, who wanted to here all those Italian songs? These two were my favorites:

Iqw8m2shH54

DNsmrd-aR1c

CjZzeAFbLsA

Excellent JetMo

My favorite Bowie along with Panic in Detroit

One of my guitar heroes from this era, Alvin Lee, of Ten Years After.

Bout time somebody threw the Crown Prince of Triplets up here. What a buzz saw Alvin is huh?

Archived