Let's rock

Jet Moses

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am completely blown away by this video, JetMo. Not only because I cannot remember when I would have last thought about The Cramps, but because of the sheer genius of its concept: To perform at a dance for a group of people confined to an insane asylum. Every scam/guerilla theater episode/mind f**k I have ever done pales in comparison. Thanks for posting the vid.

They say you people are crazy, but you look alright to me!

Iggy & The Stooges

The Passenger

y4hPnZUMBwA

For some reason this song gets a ton of play over here. Not that I'm complaining, but it's the only Iggy Pop song they play. Any idea why? They also play the Magnificent Seven by the Clash and Rapture by Blondie, but I assume that's because of the rap aspect.

For some reason this song gets a ton of play over here. Not that I'm complaining, but it's the only Iggy Pop song they play. Any idea why? They also play the Magnificent Seven by the Clash and Rapture by Blondie, but I assume that's because of the rap aspect.

I'm in shock anyone even remembers this tune, let alone gives it tons of airplay. I know Iggy is huge in Europe. Maybe they appreciate him more than us.

I just watched The Who on Palladia from 1970's Isle of Wight concert. What a show and band. The following is not from that concert, but from the same year. For the drummers out there, check out Keith Moon beginning at approx. 2:40. He is simply mind-boggling and amazing. RIP, Keith.

The Who

Sparks

gbk5xXHqShI&feature=related

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

POSxIOilobs&feature=related

The elements that gather here

Upon this hill shall cast no fear

Of lines that match across the world

For travel which no man has ever heard

The moon that shines its beam so bright

Of stones that measure the silvery light

Of energy that travels here

It happens on the seventh year

They shall come we will be as one

Rhapsodize has begun

From the realms beyond the sun

Here our lifetime has begun

Perhaps to die

A day shall come, we shall be as one

• 4 weeks later...
Hawkwind is the band Lemmy started in? For some reason when I hear the name I always think of that trippy band of Uli Jon Roth from Scorpions - Electric Sun.

EFTP0/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, alot of Metal heads back in the 80's bought "Electric Sun" and were dissapointed.

Lemmy got his start in the music biz as a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience. He was in Hawkwind on a North American tour in the early 70's and was busted trying to carry methamphetime across the Canadian border and Hawkwind dumped him on the spot. He had to hitchike his way across the USA back to NYC to catch a plane back to Jolly Ol'.

Lemmy hated Peter Grant (manager for Led Zeppelin) because Grant had a few goons beat up a Zep roadie and they killed him. Alot of people think that all the bad things that happened to Led Zeppelin (Bonham and Robert Plants son dying) were a result of bad karma because of what Grant did.

Another funny story I read in a Dylan biography, they were backstage at some to do and Grant walked up to Bob to introduce himself and said "Hi Im Peter Grant, the mangager of Led Zeppelin!" and Bob replied, "Hey I didn't go running up to you to tell you all my problems".

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
He is a bad a$$ rock bass player, very melodic without being showy. Iommi gets all the press, but like Entwistle, Butler is a force on stage. Here's one of my Sabbath favorites, Snow Blind. How huge is Ozzy? LOL.

IkbMd3Bygzs&feature=related

That was the Never Say Die tour when I started listening to them, and when I saw the Ozzy publicity photo's I was freaked out because he looked kinda like David Berkowithz.

TURN MY DAYS TO FROZEN HOURS

Archived