Let's rock

Jet Moses

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent JetMo

My favorite Bowie along with Panic in Detroit

Bout time somebody threw the Crown Prince of Triplets up here. What a buzz saw Alvin is huh?

Lee has scorched every track he's ever played on. Check out this nugget, You Told Me, from the 70s.

aIgdsnnOPi8&feature=related

Yeah, I was there.

M6ixaXBWtyc&feature=related

You know you can't leave it at that, JetMo. How was it being there? Any insane moments? In the "Pretty Vacant" video I posted earlier, Steve Jones guitar tone is just gargantuan. He was always the driving force behind the Pistols, not Johnny Rotten, IMO. Though Sid was the least talented musically, he--again IMO--comes away with the most impressive effort from this era. At every level, Sid's version of My Way is amazing.

BK3VbQV2csA

Peter Frampton

Do You Feel Like We Do?

(Live on The Midnight Special. Note intro. by Helen Reddy. LOL. Hang in with the video just to listen to Frampton's fretboard ability as a guitarist. Amazing phrasing and ability to play non-traditional modes in the rock idiom.)

y7rFYbMhcG8

• 3 weeks later...
Just that kind of Saturday morning.

Jimi Hendrix

Hear My Train A-Comin'

(Includes Jimi's flub. I guess we're all human. Like any of us would have noticed whatever error Jimi did. LOL.)

Assuming this is the standard recording, which I haven't listened to verify, the guitar is out of tune and he breaks a string.

"Firehouse" is one of my favorite Kiss tunes. I will, again, show my age here, but I remember watching the clip below one afternoon on The Mike Douglas Show. It knocked me out because of all the pyrotechnics, and the bit with Totie Fields and Gene Simmons. My friends and I were talking about this appearance for days. Regarding Ace: You either got good Ace who could play, or drunk out of his skull Ace, who could barely find the strings. I was fortunate enough to see both.

xsa_VVK0c28

"Firehouse" is one of my favorite Kiss tunes. I will, again, show my age here, but I remember watching the clip below one afternoon on The Mike Douglas Show. It knocked me out because of all the pyrotechnics, and the bit with Totie Fields and Gene Simmons. My friends and I were talking about this appearance for days. Regarding Ace: You either got good Ace who could play, or drunk out of his skull Ace, who could barely find the strings. I was fortunate enough to see both.

Dude, thank you SO MUCH for that vid! Absolutely awesome! And you're right about Good Ace vs. Bad Ace. I think the same can be said of most rock guitarists!

I just saw this clip on YouTube. Check out the young rhythm guitarist, some kid named James. The interviewer is a complete, smarmy idiot, but this is just classic.

gy05Ne_Zi1U&feature=rec-HM-r2

Classic video.

It's amazing that he's even on tv at this age. The stars were already aligned and little did he know at that time he'd be one of the greatest guitar players ever.

I love when he says he wants to do when he gets older.

Assuming this is the standard recording, which I haven't listened to verify, the guitar is out of tune and he breaks a string.

Pretty sure it's not the standard recording. As Jimi would say "Only cowboys stay in tune". Out of tune or not, I can listen to Hendrix play an acoustic guitar forever. ****ing amazing.

Classic video.

It's amazing that he's even on tv at this age. The stars were already aligned and little did he know at that time he'd be one of the greatest guitar players ever.

I love when he says he wants to do when he gets older.

I love him saying "James Page". LOL. You look at that kid, so poised for an appearance on national TV (I think Britain in those days had two or three BBC channels), with a style of his own already, and you know he is destined to make something of himself. (Did you catch when he said he wanted to be a cancer researcher? Too bad for us. I bet he would have found a cure for at least one type.) I'm sure no one could have imagined he'd become a global rock icon.

Lady picture show, she hides behind the bedroom door

Lady picture show she hides behind the bedroom wall

She hides because she dont know nothin, dont know nothin any more

She keeps a funny face its locked and bagged its just outside the door

She doesnt know her name

She doesnt know her face

She doesnt know her name

She doesnt know her face anymore

lady funny face I think the boys like the show

Lady funny face make them boys who just said no

Your wedding present not so daisy picture perfect anymore

Let them bleed

R4x0kwGSzGo

Lady picture show she hides behind the bedroom wall

She hides because she dont know nothin, dont know nothin any more

She doesnt know her name

She doesnt know her face

She doesnt know her name

She doesnt know her face anymore

And dont believe

Lady picture girl, I think them boys dont like your show

Lady picture show them boys are gone, should just say no

Your wedding presents not so daisy picture perfect anymore

Lady funny face its locked and bagged its just outside the door

Dont know nothin

Anymore

R4x0kwGSzGo

I love this tune, JetMo. Great post.

I love him saying "James Page". LOL. You look at that kid, so poised for an appearance on national TV (I think Britain in those days had two or three BBC channels), with a style of his own already, and you know he is destined to make something of himself. (Did you catch when he said he wanted to be a cancer researcher? Too bad for us. I bet he would have found a cure for at least one type.) I'm sure no one could have imagined he'd become a global rock icon.

Yeah I love that cancer researcher part haha. I think the music he made is a fair trade for a cancer cure.. just kidding. You're right though, whatever he was going to do it was probably going to change the world and with he path he chose.. he did.

Archived