Let's rock

Jet Moses

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats great LS! I didnt know you guys were playing out.

Thanks NJ. We started playing in October and just keep booking shows. We played the last three weeks in a row, which was really fun, but we're taking this weekend off to work on some new songs and some that we've been writing. Back to it next week and just can't stop at this point.

Tried to open for the Black Keys this past Sunday in Montclair but they never got back to us. The sound sucked at the show so maybe it was a good thing. Or maybe they were scared :P

Just kidding but we're bringing new things to the two piece table so it should be interesting in a few years. We plan to take over.

Supergrass

listen to the lyrics in these songs.. really great. been around for like 15 years and do not have nearly enough respect. Musically, these guys can do whatever they want and still sound like Supergrass. This last album, Diamond Hoo Ha, they went for a glange (grunge/glam) sound. here's two tracks off the album

Diamond Hoo Ha Man

6EPHk16mO20

Bad Blood

WZhinVDm9yM

• 2 weeks later...
I just saw it two minutes ago, L.S. Had you heard it before? I hadn't. I like the vibe.

I've never heard it before.. sounds early, like new yardbirds early. I love that era. It's hard to get any shows of quality from 68-69 but I have two that sound pretty great. I have a 7 song set from Whiskey A Go Go May 69 with Train Kept On Rollin', Killing Floor, For Your Love, As Long as I Have you. Good ****

Wow I didn't even realize.. 41 years.. wow. Pretty ****ing crazy

BTW, 'Let's Have a Party' is featured in the 20 minute journey of Whole Lotta Love on the live cd, How the West was Won.

Thanks for that. Someone gave me that CD when it came out and, believe it or not, I never took it out of its package. What a dunce.

Awesome vid, NYC Blues

The Yardbirds / I'm not Talkin

tOSZtCz5K_o

That was awesome. What a big a$$ sound for the day. It's been a long time. Here's one from way back. A guy many don't even know, Alexis Korner.

Alexis Korner's Blues Incorporated

Hoochie Coochie Man

Rytyg6sdIGQ

Alexis Korner with Stevie Marriott

Slow Down

o9XknSGQSyE

One of the best live acts ever, Gary Moore doing one of his classics, Walking By Myself. Man, Moore makes that Les Paul scream.

You ain't never lied bro - G-Mo kicks it large.

Listen to what he does with this old 8 bar blues standard - Caldonia.

He gets a little help from a couple guys named Albert -

Yk_91QfvWGU

You ain't never lied bro - G-Mo kicks it large.

Listen to what he does with this old 8 bar blues standard - Caldonia.

He gets a little help from a couple guys named Albert -

Yk_91QfvWGU

Thanks for this one, NJ. Just to watch the interplay between those greats, I would have given years off my life to be at that gig. "The Master of the Telecaster" is a long-time guitar hero of mine. The more I hear Moore (like that? :)), and his unbelievable screaming tone, the more I am convinced that he goes down as possibly the most underrated rock/blues guitarist ever. It's almost like he took Page's full out Les Paul sound and went to the next level. It takes a massive pair to get on stage with blues masters/guitar gods like Collins and King, and after a few seconds, Moore is the one that's front and center pushing the envelope. What a gift.

Thanks for this one, NJ. Just to watch the interplay between those greats, I would have given years off my life to be at that gig. "The Master of the Telecaster" is a long-time guitar hero of mine. The more I hear Moore (like that? :)), and his unbelievable screaming tone, the more I am convinced that he goes down as possibly the most underrated rock/blues guitarist ever. It's almost like he took Page's full out Les Paul sound and went to the next level. It takes a massive pair to get on stage with blues masters/guitar gods like Collins and King, and after a few seconds, Moore is the one that's front and center pushing the envelope. What a gift.

I couldn't agree more Borgo. When the "slow, methodical," beginning in one of his leads is spitting triplets off the neck of that Custom like a machine gun - that says something. I've never seen him either but hopefully will someday.

Well said.

Well said.

Thanks. I just watched that Caledonia vid again. I could watch guys like that play all day. I just cannot get over Moore's tone and ability to throw down with every lick in the book. I wonder if those pickups are DiMarzios. They are hot.

EDIT: Just looked it up. Those are Burst Buckers in his classic '59 Les Paul. (One of the two he uses was once owned by Peter Green.) Here's more if anyone is interested.

http://www.moorepanos.com/pages/misc/lespaul.htm

Thanks. I just watched that Caledonia vid again. I could watch guys like that play all day. I just cannot get over Moore's tone and ability to throw down with every lick in the book. I wonder if those pickups are DiMarzios. They are hot.

EDIT: Just looked it up. Those are Burst Buckers in his classic '59 Les Paul. (One of the two he uses was once owned by Peter Green.) Here's more if anyone is interested.

http://www.moorepanos.com/pages/misc/lespaul.htm

Like you said, not everyone can get up and play with these guys. Many guitar players have been shown up at these type of settings.

Peter Green .. :love0030:

Like you said, not everyone can get up and play with these guys. Many guitar players have been shown up at these type of settings.

Peter Green .. :love0030:

Another mostly unsung guitar great. This one's for you, L.S.

Fleetwood Mac

Like It This Way

(No, that ain't f**king Lindsay Buckingham, mother f**ker. :))

HQ8AcEYTEFY

rxux5LdmjQU

Archived