D-Rob Deal?

JetsFan220

He'll be gone by then I think. He may stick around until the draft or even teams' minicamps are over to see if that increases someone's need for him. But I wouldn't bet on getting anything. Most likely he'll be just cut outright. Before June 1st makes the most sense at this point. We clear plenty of space by doing it early & no need to push another $2M onto 2009's cap.

He'll be gone by then I think. He may stick around until the draft or even teams' minicamps are over to see if that increases someone's need for him. But I wouldn't bet on getting anything. Most likely he'll be just cut outright. Before June 1st makes the most sense at this point. We clear plenty of space by doing it early & no need to push another $2M onto 2009's cap.

there is no cap penalty on cutting him?

there is no cap penalty on cutting him?

Plenty. $6M this year. But if we keep him he costs $9M. Also if we keep him (or keep him through June 1st) he counts another $3M next year.

$6M left of his 2004 SB still has to come off the cap. As it stands, that would be $3M this year (in addition to his $6M salary) and $3M next year (in addition to his 2009 salary if kept).

Cutting (or more likely, trading) him early accelerates that $6M from the SB to 2008, but it wipes out his salary (since he wouldn't be on the roster anymore).

Plenty. $6M this year. But if we keep him he costs $9M. Also if we keep him (or keep him through June 1st) he counts another $3M next year.

$6M left of his 2004 SB still has to come off the cap. As it stands, that would be $3M this year (in addition to his $6M salary) and $3M next year (in addition to his 2009 salary if kept).

Cutting (or more likely, trading) him early accelerates that $6M from the SB to 2008, but it wipes out his salary (since he wouldn't be on the roster anymore).

Bye Bye Drob... lol

Send him to Tampa for a 5th and a 7th

Bye Bye Drob... lol

Send him to Tampa for a 5th and a 7th

I don't think we'll get anything AND anything from anyone at this point. Everyone probably figures we'll just release him & they can get him for nothing. If there's only 1 interested party left, they'd be giving up a pick for nothing.

Only reasons to give a pick in the first place is

(1) if he's locked up with a favorable contract already (clearly that doesn't apply here)

(2) if there's competition for the player from multiple teams so they don't need to out-bid someone else (probably doesn't apply here either).

So there's little justification for a team to give up a pick now. Let alone two picks.

This will really show my age, but I was extremely young at the time. LOL There used to be a TV show called Sgt Bilko starring Phil Silvers. It was hilarious. Anyway, there was a character - private Doberman. He was a short, fat, unkept but lovable character who got Bilko's worst abuse. Everytime I see DRob without his helmet on, I think of Doberman. The only difference is there is nothing funny or lovable about DRob.

Any other oldtimers remember this?

He will probably get cut, but he is a dramtically better player even in the 3-4 than anyone here is willing to admit. He is in fact our best defensive lineman. I would rather see us renogitate and play him at end than releasing him. People just need to get over the bitterness of his draft cost and realize he is a very very solid player.

He will probably get cut, but he is a dramtically better player even in the 3-4 than anyone here is willing to admit. He is in fact our best defensive lineman. I would rather see us renogitate and play him at end than releasing him. People just need to get over the bitterness of his draft cost and realize he is a very very solid player.

have you ever seen him play?

He sucks and he would still suck if he wasn't taken 4th overall.

He sucks and he would still suck if he wasn't taken 4th overall.

The Benglas were looking to get DRob in the first place, Johnson is unhappy as a Bengal and Coles seems to be unhappy as a Jet

Why not Send Coles and Robertson to the Bengals for Johnson? Not only would the Bengals get Robertson as a 4-3 DT but they would also get a WR In Coles to play with Palmer and T.J

Tannenbaum was on sirius nfl network on tuesday and when asked about why the drob deal fell through, he got really shady and said he could not divulge the specifics of why it didn't work out. They asked him about it a few different ways and he just would not budge on giving any hint as to why the deal fell apart. Later in the day they mentioned that they heard it was a medical issue with a knee being bone on bone. Did anyone else hear about this?

The Benglas were looking to get DRob in the first place, Johnson is unhappy as a Bengal and Coles seems to be unhappy as a Jet

Why not Send Coles and Robertson to the Bengals for Johnson? Not only would the Bengals get Robertson as a 4-3 DT but they would also get a WR In Coles to play with Palmer and T.J

Coles will still be unhappy until Douchebaggians come to take him back to his home planet.

Coles will still be unhappy until Douchebaggians come to take him back to his home planet.

If the JETS can dump Coles and Drob... and grab a #1 WR... they will be sitting VERY good...

Then all thats left is for Mangini to prove he can coach.

If the JETS can dump Coles and Drob... and grab a #1 WR... they will be sitting VERY good...

Then all thats left is for Mangini to prove he can coach.

If Chad is planned to be the starter (which I believe he is) I can see us keeping Coles whether he's unhappy or not.

If Chad is planned to be the starter (which I believe he is) I can see us keeping Coles whether he's unhappy or not.

Thats true as well, if Coles knows Chad will start... he will shut up.

Thats true as well, if Coles knows Chad will start... he will shut up.

The thing is then though if Coles stays do we stick with him and Cotch as our 1 and 2???

I'd say we would and maybe add depth at #3 although i'm hoping Stuckey can come up big.

The thing is then though if Coles stays do we stick with him and Cotch as our 1 and 2???

I'd say we would and maybe add depth at #3 although i'm hoping Stuckey can come up big.

If the JETS stick with Chad and Coles... they need to bring in a TALL #3 that Chad can throw deep to, we all know Chad isnt throwing a laser deep... but can loft it up... to a Randy Moss like player...

Coles will never shut up.

Coles will never be happy (here or elsewhere).

There is little sense in wishing for either.

True... not to mention Coles is not the right type of WR for Chad to begin with...

True... not to mention Coles is not the right type of WR for Chad to begin with...

The right type of WR for Chad would need Homer Simpson's extra layer of fat surrounding/padding his skull to prevent multiple concussions that otherwise befall all Pennington receivers eventually.

The right type of WR for Chad would need Homer Simpson's extra layer of fat surrounding/padding his skull to prevent multiple concussions that otherwise befall all Pennington receivers eventually.

LOL

But seriously he needs a MOss type WR... tall and can go up for it... Coles is a slasher and we already have that in Cotch... we need a tall burner that Chad can toss it up to... or Clemens for that matter.

LOL

But seriously he needs a MOss type WR... tall and can go up for it... Coles is a slasher and we already have that in Cotch... we need a tall burner that Chad can toss it up to... or Clemens for that matter.

I don't think that would help at all. Remember when santana moss was with us?? He was constantly open down field, but chad just couldn't get it to him. If chad had a stronger arm i guarantee moss would have had a couple hundred more yards each season, chad just couldn't get it to him.

And for all those people who say well chad had that one nice deep ball to coles this year, that was one ball on a flea flicker wasn't it?? and wasn't it underthrown and coles sprained his ankle?? Not sure if that was the play everyones thinking of, but the bottom line is chad can't throw a deep ball so a fast receiver won't do him any good. I'm going to be absolutely miserable if he's the starting QB next year.

I don't think that would help at all. Remember when santana moss was with us?? He was constantly open down field, but chad just couldn't get it to him. If chad had a stronger arm i guarantee moss would have had a couple hundred more yards each season, chad just couldn't get it to him.

And for all those people who say well chad had that one nice deep ball to coles this year, that was one ball on a flea flicker wasn't it?? and wasn't it underthrown and coles sprained his ankle?? Not sure if that was the play everyones thinking of, but the bottom line is chad can't throw a deep ball so a fast receiver won't do him any good. I'm going to be absolutely miserable if he's the starting QB next year.

Didn't Clemens throw that pass? Maybe my memory's off.

Kind of fluky even if Chad threw that one. I think he tripped over his own feet. It's not like he got clobbered or wrapped-up by the ankle b/c the pass was under-thrown.

Didn't Clemens throw that pass? Maybe my memory's off.

Kind of fluky even if Chad threw that one. I think he tripped over his own feet. It's not like he got clobbered or wrapped-up by the ankle b/c the pass was under-thrown.

The Chad pass to Coles was a nice pass, not undertrown that had us all wondering where he pulled that one ut of... Coles was nto hurt on that play.

Archived