Free Agents ignoring Kansas City

MTJ06

Kansas City

March 7, 2008

Chiefs meager free agent crop raises red flags

The Chiefs have been very quiet on the free-agent front, with OLB Demorrio Williams representing the only significant addition to a club that needs substantial upgrades at numerous positions. Both coach Herm Edwards and GM Carl Peterson have stated that their intention is to focus on building through the draft rather than free agency, a notion which makes sense considering their pressing need to get younger. However, with the sparse crop of new faces arriving in Kansas City since season

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand.

Not to mention their main superstar on that team is too busy partying all night in NYC and trailing behind Jay-Z's behind. Sorry but I can understand how Kansas City can be a sucky place to play.

Well, people have been ignoring KC for years, about time players have finally caught on.

years? better rethink that. was it not priest holmes not a FA, marcus allen, donnie edwards, n. harris, ty law, patrick surtan, eddie kennison, and trent green. shall i continue?

The vets dont want to play for Herman because he is a stupid goof. I saw Tony G a coupe weeks back you can see his body and face expressions when he tryed to defend Herman and Carl Peterson. Not even there Vets on that team belive Herman and his coaching ways. He'll be gone if he goes 2-14 or another 4-12 season.

years? better rethink that. was it not priest holmes not a FA, marcus allen, donnie edwards, n. harris, ty law, patrick surtan, eddie kennison, and trent green. shall i continue?

Marcus Allen went to the arch-rival of the Raiders, and with good reason. And that was 15 years ago. And he was 33 years old at the time & hadn't carried the ball >200x for the previous 5 consecutive seasons.

Most of the rest of those guys were flocking to Dick Vermeil. Vermeil happened to be in KC.

Donnie Edwards was a hell of a lot better when they had him the first time around. It's not like Donnie's agent's phone was ringing every 5 seconds with 20 NFL GM's fighting over him at age 34.

Napoleon Harris lost his starting job in Minnesota the year before Herm got him. He isn't any better now.

Who's their other major acquisition? Damien McIntosh? He's awful & even in a desperate situation this is the best KC could do.

I never really thought about it. But yeah, FA's are avoiding Herm/KC.

hmmm...kind of puts a new spin on my concept as to why we had only had one big FA signing (before this winter that is) Ty Law-and THAT signing made a lot of sense-Law was the perfect candidate for a Herman Edwards team-maybe it WASN'T Woody after all, maybe that was why we'd keep hearing about this or that guy being brought in for a possible visit and nothing kept happening-maybe it was Herm all along

Priest Holmes would have went anywhere. He was a noone and cut by Baltimore

Surtain? Traded... not a FA

Trent Green? Traded... not a FA

donnie is still a badass lb that got ****ed originally by greg williams. didnt see him fitting the scheme. herm can leave kc hasnt done **** for them. gun is a better fit to be the head coach. whats up with everyone bashin the chiefs. its starting to pissing me off. only thing i must mention to everyone saying something bad about the chiefs is remember this if it wasnt for lamar hunt the nfl wouldnt be what it is today. lamar hunt is the one that pushed to unite the afl and nfl. chiefs are a classy orginization. bash herm all you want, but insulting the chiefs is bs.

donnie is still a badass lb that got ****ed originally by greg williams. didnt see him fitting the scheme. herm can leave kc hasnt done **** for them. gun is a better fit to be the head coach. whats up with everyone bashin the chiefs. its starting to pissing me off. only thing i must mention to everyone saying something bad about the chiefs is remember this if it wasnt for lamar hunt the nfl wouldnt be what it is today. lamar hunt is the one that pushed to unite the afl and nfl. chiefs are a classy orginization. bash herm all you want, but insulting the chiefs is bs.

F*** the Chiefs. The whole franchise can line up to suck me off one at a time for consorting & conspiring with a Jets HC while he was under contract here for 2 more years; forcing us to take a mid-4th rounder when the going rate was multiple picks in the 1st and/or 2nd round.

It is with great delight that I watch it blow up in their collective faces.

F*** the Chiefs. The whole franchise can line up to suck me off one at a time for consorting & conspiring with a Jets HC while he was under contract here for 2 more years; forcing us to take a mid-4th rounder when the going rate was multiple picks in the 1st and/or 2nd round

Youre joking right?

Theres no way in hell Herm is worth a 2nd round pick. A 4th pick is too much. He was going to be fired anyway.

The Chiefs are a storied franchise. Their immediate downfall started with Carl Peterson, who no doubt is just bright enough to think Herm Edwards is a good coach. Chiefs fans are extremely loyal and dedicated and for the most part pretty bright in regards to their football knowledge. They don't deserve to have this bain of a curse on them. The curse of duhHerm really belongs in places like MIA and OAK.

I don't get it. What's not to like about Herm & KC? Great BBQ, free pass to skip work-outs whenever you happen to feel tired (if you're a veteran) and no big heavy playbook to learn. Awesome. :lol:

Because even the laziest of NFL players want to win at some point.

F*** the Chiefs. The whole franchise can line up to suck me off one at a time for consorting & conspiring with a Jets HC while he was under contract here for 2 more years; forcing us to take a mid-4th rounder when the going rate was multiple picks in the 1st and/or 2nd round.

It is with great delight that I watch it blow up in their collective faces.

heh thats funny if it wasnt for lamar and the chiefs jets wouldnt be a pro team. it was lamar that made the nfl what it is today by pushing for it. heh whine all you want the chiefs are still better than the jets. heh wow seriously **** the jets. was a chiefs fan for 12yrs figured try some new and thought jets fans had class. wow was i wrong

They players aren't dumb. They don't want to play for a convict and Peterson hasn't done anythiung since Mart ball left town. Mangini may run a tough training camp but the jury is still out on him building a winner. The Herminator stands convicted and then leaves when the senetence is about to be announced.

The Chiefs are a storied franchise. Their immediate downfall started with Carl Peterson, who no doubt is just bright enough to think Herm Edwards is a good coach. Chiefs fans are extremely loyal and dedicated and for the most part pretty bright in regards to their football knowledge. They don't deserve to have this bain of a curse on them. The curse of duhHerm really belongs in places like MIA and OAK.

You are right about the fans being extremely loyal and dedicated. I lived in KC area for 5 years and found their fans extremely knowledgable. In fact, most are already on to Herm. Unfortunately, it took me a little longer.

heh thats funny if it wasnt for lamar and the chiefs jets wouldnt be a pro team. it was lamar that made the nfl what it is today by pushing for it. heh whine all you want the chiefs are still better than the jets. heh wow seriously **** the jets. was a chiefs fan for 12yrs figured try some new and thought jets fans had class. wow was i wrong

Chief fans arent as classy as you think. The Chiefs dont even have a QB. They are so screwed up its sad.

And, NY Jet fans are far more knowledgable about the game than Chief fans

You are right about the fans being extremely loyal and dedicated. I lived in KC area for 5 years and found their fans extremely knowledgable. In fact, most are already on to Herm. Unfortunately, it took me a little longer.

Chief fans are beeching about Herm because he took away their offense. They call him the "Grinch who stole KC's offense." Thats why they are on to him.

Chief fans are beeching about Herm because he took away their offense. They call him the "Grinch who stole KC's offense." Thats why they are on to him.

LOL!!!

They really have little to "beech" about. Most of them were PUMPED when they "stole" Herm from us.

And one's own feeling as to what Herm was "worth" or what you think we otherwise would have done with him or how empty his head is - that's all irrelevant. He was under contract with the Jets, the Chiefs obviously tampered, and we got a single mid-round pick in return. No "punishment" for Hunt or his scumbag lackeys.

The Jets tampered with Parcells and (deservedly) had to cough up like 4 draft picks (a 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 4th) I think.

Then your own Patriots had to cough up a 1st rounder for BB, who was fired from his only prior HC stint with Cleveland. No one "knew" he was going to win 3 superbowls with NE (all tainted, of course).

Is it fair?

The merits of the coach's skills or fame, to me, don't factor into it. You cannot tamper with another team's coach.

Chiefs did. They can rot with their ill-gotten dufus of a HC.

Chief fans arent as classy as you think. The Chiefs dont even have a QB. They are so screwed up its sad.

And, NY Jet fans are far more knowledgable about the game than Chief fans

go **** yourself and the patriots. qb wise croyle is a qb but he is like favre a gun slinger. and knowledge wise patriots fans dont know **** literally. im happy your a pats fan i remember a pats game vs the chiefs. man was it fun watchin drew cry after yall couldnt make a 30 yard field goal to beat the chiefs.

LOL!!!

They really have little to "beech" about. Most of them were PUMPED when they "stole" Herm from us.

And one's own feeling as to what Herm was "worth" or what you think we otherwise would have done with him or how empty his head is - that's all irrelevant. He was under contract with the Jets, the Chiefs obviously tampered, and we got a single mid-round pick in return. No "punishment" for Hunt or his scumbag lackeys.

The Jets tampered with Parcells and (deservedly) had to cough up like 4 draft picks (a 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 4th) I think.

Then your own Patriots had to cough up a 1st rounder for BB, who was fired from his only prior HC stint with Cleveland. No one "knew" he was going to win 3 superbowls with NE (all tainted, of course).

Is it fair?

The merits of the coach's skills or fame, to me, don't factor into it. You cannot tamper with another team's coach.

Chiefs did. They can rot with their ill-gotten dufus of a HC.

Don't forget Jon Gruden, I believe the Bucs had to give up at least a 1st for him.

I thought it was 2 firsts or a 1st and a 2nd. Can't remember but I'm sure it's available online.

After compiling a 40-28 win-loss record in four seasons with the Raiders, Gruden replaced the fired Tony Dungy as head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2002, via a high-stakes trade that included Tampa Bay's 2002 and 2003 first- and second-round draft picks and $8 million in cash.

2 1sts,2 2nds,and $8M

go **** yourself and the patriots. qb wise croyle is a qb but he is like favre a gun slinger. and knowledge wise patriots fans dont know **** literally. im happy your a pats fan i remember a pats game vs the chiefs. man was it fun watchin drew cry after yall couldnt make a 30 yard field goal to beat the chiefs.

Yup, youre a Chiefs fan alright. Ignorant.

Croyle hasnt won a single game yet. HAHAHA, Farve like gunslinger.

There is hope. Some big rep old washed up DB or a DL guy nicknamed Tank or Turk will be funding his retirement off the Hunt family fortune thanks to Herman Edwards. Signing Alan Faneca or Damien Woody or drafting Mnagold and D'Brick in ROund 1-solid, productive OL guys-is beyond Edwards' capacity. Those guys-Jones, the Knish, Marko, Moore-can be picked up in the later rounds. Or resigning guys like Kareem McKenzie or Randy Thomas-inconceivable. Dave Szott and Pete Kendall probably had to be signed on one of Herm's days off at his Anthony Robbins-type gigs. Those must be going great guns these days, huh?

We beat your loser asses last season,and we sucked!!!How horriible must the Chefs(yeah,that was intentional)have been?:box::)

Archived