Rumor: Jamarcus Russell close to 300 lbs

Sperm Edwards

How did he do on Thanksgiving vs the Cowboys?

The packers were down by 13, and Favre was doing his usual 3 and outs against a good team, then he got hurt. Rodgers came in and moved the chains, showed a lot of poise and brought them back within 3. Cowboys were driving 3rd and long, they lobbed it up to some bum TE (not witten) got a pass interference on the 5, punched it in for six.

Had Rodgers had one more chance, he would have brought them all the way back.

And he also threw a ton of bad balls.... made bad decisions, etc etc.

I'm not saying he can't be a good player, but I don't think we can blame EVERYTHING on the other players.

It's not that we are blaming everything on other players, you're right that KC missed some easy passes, i saw those too. Although it was disheartening, i'm thinking it is much more correctible than a different QB having zero poise, toughness, or a great arm.

The packers were down by 13, and Favre was doing his usual 3 and outs against a good team, then he got hurt. Rodgers came in and moved the chains, showed a lot of poise and brought them back within 3. Cowboys were driving 3rd and long, they lobbed it up to some bum TE (not witten) got a pass interference on the 5, punched it in for six.

umm jets played cowboys on thanksgiving not the packers.

Not the recent percentages. I'm not sure that we would be better off taken any of the last highly rated prospects.

-Eli, Rivers (then in the 20's Rothlesberger, but he fell out of the top 15, and is somehow the best of that class)

-Alex Smith (Rodgers fell out of the top 20, looked very good against Dallas, jury is still out)

-Young, Cutler, Leinart; all of which are getting dangerously close to being busts (then Kellen in the second, followed by Croyle)

-Russel; i just don't think they guy has it. He looks like a player that only wanted to get paid in the first place.

This is only recent history, but would you feel our franchise would be any farther along if you had a chance at any of these guys in this draft? I don't remember where the all time great QB's were drafted, i know Favre was a second, S. Young was a bust before San Fran, Montana?, Elway, Marino slid out of the top 20.

The only really great QB's i can think of that were number one, or top five, recently, were Palmer and P Manning.

just so you know, roethlisburger wen 11th, not in the 20s.

Not the recent percentages. I'm not sure that we would be better off taken any of the last highly rated prospects.

-Eli, Rivers (then in the 20's Rothlesberger, but he fell out of the top 15, and is somehow the best of that class)

-Alex Smith (Rodgers fell out of the top 20, looked very good against Dallas, jury is still out)

-Young, Cutler, Leinart; all of which are getting dangerously close to being busts (then Kellen in the second, followed by Croyle)

-Russel; i just don't think they guy has it. He looks like a player that only wanted to get paid in the first place.

This is only recent history, but would you feel our franchise would be any farther along if you had a chance at any of these guys in this draft? I don't remember where the all time great QB's were drafted, i know Favre was a second, S. Young was a bust before San Fran, Montana?, Elway, Marino slid out of the top 20.

The only really great QB's i can think of that were number one, or top five, recently, were Palmer and P Manning.

just so you know, roethlisburger wen 11th, not in the 20s.

Matt Ryan was a nobody until halfway through last yearm, wehre he still never really did much to impress. To spend a top 10 pick, or even a first rounder on him would be disastrous. Guys like Brohm, Flacco, and even Brennen are just as or nearly as good as Ryan and can be had much later.

Matt Ryan was absolutely a known quantity coming into this year. This year was not a breakout "fluke" year, but more of a culmination of what he achieved.

He fits the profile of what Tangini and Schotty look for in a QB, and that is whay I think they would look at him. He is smart, has leadership abilities and seems to process the game very naturally.

His size is good, and the thing which makes me look is his ability to throw on the move. He isn't mobile, but he senses pressure and can position himself to find a window and cam throw on the run.

That is such a large commodity in teh NFL today and Chad does not have it, and I did not see Kellen with a great feel for that.

Matt Ryan does not doi anything GREAT, but his overall game is NFL worthy. In 2 years, I would be fairly confident that he will be better than what the Jets have now in Chad and Kellen. What that means, I don't know.

Would I move up to take him? No. Would I consider him if he falls to 6? Absolutely.

Matt Ryan was a nobody until halfway through last yearm, wehre he still never really did much to impress. To spend a top 10 pick, or even a first rounder on him would be disastrous. Guys like Brohm, Flacco, and even Brennen are just as or nearly as good as Ryan and can be had much later.

Matt Ryan was absolutely a known quantity coming into this year. This year was not a breakout "fluke" year, but more of a culmination of what he achieved.

He fits the profile of what Tangini and Schotty look for in a QB, and that is whay I think they would look at him. He is smart, has leadership abilities and seems to process the game very naturally.

His size is good, and the thing which makes me look is his ability to throw on the move. He isn't mobile, but he senses pressure and can position himself to find a window and cam throw on the run.

That is such a large commodity in teh NFL today and Chad does not have it, and I did not see Kellen with a great feel for that.

Matt Ryan does not doi anything GREAT, but his overall game is NFL worthy. In 2 years, I would be fairly confident that he will be better than what the Jets have now in Chad and Kellen. What that means, I don't know.

Would I move up to take him? No. Would I consider him if he falls to 6? Absolutely.

http://jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27435

There's no guarantee of anyone in the draft at all, and there are few things in life you can absolutely guarantee. What you do in the draft, and what you should be doing in life, is to act in accordance with whatever bext maximizes your chance of success.

You need a franchise QB to win consistently in the NFL these days. Your best shot of getting that is with a top 12 pick, after that your chances of getting one become worse and worse. I personally think the top 12 picks are probably even better talent wise, because the teams are generally very bad. If you can actually build that team around the QB a lot of the times those top QB picks seem to become pretty darned good.

So going by percentages and situations, Russell probably doesn't have much of a shot (he is on the Raiders after all). But Clemens will probably fail because he does not have the talent or size. Hopefully we got lucky and he is basically the Favre we are looking for. But we're hoping to be lucky, rather than playing percentages.

That's my point. You have to be lucky with QBs. Top 5 or somebody taken in the second or third round. The so called experts were divided on P Manning vs Ryan Leaf for GOD sake. I have no problem giving Clemens a full year with a line in front of him. If he doesn't work out, it's back to the crap shoot.

http://jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27435

There's no guarantee of anyone in the draft at all, and there are few things in life you can absolutely guarantee. What you do in the draft, and what you should be doing in life, is to act in accordance with whatever bext maximizes your chance of success.

You need a franchise QB to win consistently in the NFL these days. Your best shot of getting that is with a top 12 pick, after that your chances of getting one become worse and worse. I personally think the top 12 picks are probably even better talent wise, because the teams are generally very bad. If you can actually build that team around the QB a lot of the times those top QB picks seem to become pretty darned good.

So going by percentages and situations, Russell probably doesn't have much of a shot (he is on the Raiders after all). But Clemens will probably fail because he does not have the talent or size. Hopefully we got lucky and he is basically the Favre we are looking for. But we're hoping to be lucky, rather than playing percentages.

That's my point. You have to be lucky with QBs. Top 5 or somebody taken in the second or third round. The so called experts were divided on P Manning vs Ryan Leaf for GOD sake. I have no problem giving Clemens a full year with a line in front of him. If he doesn't work out, it's back to the crap shoot.

No, you don't have to be lucky, but you have to do yourhomework.

In both the Manning/Leaf debate, and the Bledsoe/Mirer debate, the first qb taken was the correct one.

You can pick just as many busts in teh draft at other positions as you can QB, they are just not as high profile.

To just ignore the position in the first round, because there is a chance the player can not work out, is a dumb way to approach things.

Examine your criteria for picking a qb, know what you want in one, and do your homework.

Like Herm said, if you are scared, buy a dog.

No, you don't have to be lucky, but you have to do yourhomework.

In both the Manning/Leaf debate, and the Bledsoe/Mirer debate, the first qb taken was the correct one.

You can pick just as many busts in teh draft at other positions as you can QB, they are just not as high profile.

To just ignore the position in the first round, because there is a chance the player can not work out, is a dumb way to approach things.

Examine your criteria for picking a qb, know what you want in one, and do your homework.

Like Herm said, if you are scared, buy a dog.

#1 Tim Couch

#2 Donovan McNabb

#3 Akili Smith

#11 Daunte Culpepper

#12 Cade McNown

#50 Shaun King

#77 Brock Huard

#101 Joe Germaine

#131 Aaron Brooks - nothing great, but better than all the QB's taken ahead of him except McNabb & Culpepper. 3 total busts in the top 12. Ouch.

No matter how highly-touted these guys are, sometimes you just never know.

#1 Tim Couch

#2 Donovan McNabb

#3 Akili Smith

#11 Daunte Culpepper

#12 Cade McNown

#50 Shaun King

#77 Brock Huard

#101 Joe Germaine

#131 Aaron Brooks - nothing great, but better than all the QB's taken ahead of him except McNabb & Culpepper. 3 total busts in the top 12. Ouch.

No matter how highly-touted these guys are, sometimes you just never know.

True but his original point was that you can say that about any position - just QB's are more high profile.

Yea, when I read the reply I thought I was going insane or something....so I just left it alone. So do you care to respond to KC's performance on thanksgiving?....he really did look awful in prime time.

Yea, when I read the reply I thought I was going insane or something....so I just left it alone. So do you care to respond to KC's performance on thanksgiving?....he really did look awful in prime time.

so, your point is that he had one really bad game in what was his, what, 3rd start in the nfl against one of the better teams last year. Chad pennington sucks something awful against worst teams last year. Hell, Kellen Clemens sucked against worst teams last year. I'm not sure I understand bringing up the one horrible game this kid had. I can bring up the one horrible career CP had had. Injury after injury, playoff loss after playoff loss.

I doubt anyone on this board could name a BC receiver or running back. Matt Ryan had nothing to work with and still threw for 4500 yards and 31 TD's.

I'm not saying the Jets should draft the guy but he's not the stiff some people make him out to be.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teams/stats?teamId=103

Whooptie doo. Do you know how many horrible games Chad Pennington has?

Again, Kellen Clemens won more games in the same amount of starts as Chad Pennington with the same crappy Offensive Line and same crappy team. That accounts for something.

I have very little faith in Clemens. He is a midget and has not shown me accuracy. He also looked downright confused and scared at times. Not exactly anything to make you feel confident.

If Matt Ryan is going to be a good QB, I'd rather we not worry about already having Clemens. It is far better to be in the situation where you might have to get rid of one of two capable QBs, than to find out you have nobody and the guy you passed on is capable. We don't want to be in this position with a top 10 draft pick again unless the Niners want to give us theirs. Might as well take the position that gives you the most bang for your buck, in terms of building a dynasty.

It's either that or we start taping stuff and cheating so that Clemens can look like a top QB.

I have very little faith in Clemens. He is a midget and has not shown me accuracy. He also looked downright confused and scared at times. Not exactly anything to make you feel confident.

If Matt Ryan is going to be a good QB, I'd rather we not worry about already having Clemens. It is far better to be in the situation where you might have to get rid of one of two capable QBs, than to find out you have nobody and the guy you passed on is capable. We don't want to be in this position with a top 10 draft pick again unless the Niners want to give us theirs. Might as well take the position that gives you the most bang for your buck, in terms of building a dynasty.

It's either that or we start taping stuff and cheating so that Clemens can look like a top QB.

I'm comfortable with anything that nets us a superbowl win within my lifetime. I'm only 22, so I hopefully got a couple of years to wait. But if we have to draft a QB or cheat I'm game.

Archived