THE KNICKS ARE TERRIBLE

jaspegs

They are the most embarising thing out of NY. NO HEART.

My question still is why Dolan is still the owner of this franchise? I mean, there's a lot of very, very, very rich people in NYC, and NY is a pretty serious basketball state.

I would think that at some point one of these very very rich people would get sick of being embarrased by the NYK and would go out and buy the franchise from Dolan.

My question still is why Dolan is still the owner of this franchise? I mean, there's a lot of very, very, very rich people in NYC, and NY is a pretty serious basketball state.

I would think that at some point one of these very very rich people would get sick of being embarrased by the NYK and would go out and buy the franchise from Dolan.

He isn't selling, from what I understand people have contacted him about selling and he just isn't interested.

This is news? Thank god the MSG Network finally woke the hell up last week and put the Rangers on the main MSG channel and the Knicks to MSG2. Kinda makes sense seeing as how the Rangers games still matter and they weren't eliminated from the playoffs in November.

Also, is the eastern conference in the NBA really going to have like 3 teams in the playoffs with losing records? As if the NBA wasn't already a huge joke.

A very shortsighted move that would be! Isiah was such a good player, and he was one of the NBA's top coaches a year ago. I don't know why he insists on not playing his good guys at the end of the game, but nobody can say he doesn't have heart. Beningo and Roberts and their stupid midday can go to hell!

Walsh is a great GM. Hopefully Dolan lets him do his job.

With a couple high lottery picks and some big contracts coming off the cap Knicks can rebuild into a contender less than two years from now.

What are you basing calling him a great GM on? I don't see it...

What are you basing calling him a great GM on? I don't see it...

Ok,

1. The Indiana Pacers have made the playoffs 16 of the 18 years Walsh was GM/Exec heading into this season.

2. In 1987 he drafted Reggie Miller over local hero Steve Alford.

3. In 2000 he traded Dale Davis for Jermaine O'Neal

4. In 2002 he traded Jalen Rose for Ron Artest and Brad Miller.

5. The Pacers were a playoff team/title contender from the early 90's up until last year when Larry Bird decided to do that stupid trade with Golden State trading two very good role players, Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington, for two soft guys who don't play defense and are now killing that team.

Regardless of how good Walsh is none of it will matter if Dolan won't let him do his job.

Ok,

1. The Indiana Pacers have made the playoffs 16 of the 18 years Walsh was GM/Exec heading into this season.

2. In 1987 he drafted Reggie Miller over local hero Steve Alford.

3. In 2000 he traded Dale Davis for Jermaine O'Neal

4. In 2002 he traded Jalen Rose for Ron Artest and Brad Miller.

5. The Pacers were a playoff team/title contender from the early 90's up until last year when Larry Bird decided to do that stupid trade with Golden State trading two very good role players, Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington, for two soft guys who don't play defense and are now killing that team.

Regardless of how good Walsh is none of it will matter if Dolan won't let him do his job.

1 Making the playoffs in the NBA is really meaningless. Half the league makes it.

2 Good Move

3 O'Neal isn't nearly as good as he was hyped to be and they have been trying to trade him for years.

4 Decent trade but Artest is a thug and he let Miller walk.

5 They haven't been a serious title contender for 10 years.

1 Making the playoffs in the NBA is really meaningless. Half the league makes it.

2 Good Move

3 O'Neal isn't nearly as good as he was hyped to be and they have been trying to trade him for years.

Right now the need somebody, anybody with a sound basketball mind. I agree with the fact that if Isiah stayed around as a a scout he would probably do a good job but the players are sick of him, the fans are sick of him, the media is sick of him. The only person Thomas has in his corner right now is Dolan. Which sadly is the most important person.

I don't care if it is Walsh, Kiki, or Colangelo. The Knicks need someone in there who is willing to blow up the team and start from scratch; something they should have done oh say about 8 years ago. Take the time and build a solid foundation and then go from there.

It is time for the Knicks to stop taking on other teams mistakes in the hopes of getting them to play to their potential. There is a reason why teams have given up on Curry, Marbury, Randolph, Crawford (Who is actually playing better now). They are too much trouble or they flat out don't give a sh!t. Worrying more about themselves and their "tats" and their thug life.

F'em. Blow it up, start from scratch and go from there.

2 Good Move

O'Neal was dominant at his position for a couple of years in the 2001/2-2005/6 area..now his just injury plagued. The Pacers only started fielding offers for him last off-season.

2 Good Move

They'd still be a serious title contender if Larry Bird didn't decide to scrap the entire team ater the Auburn Hills incident. Bird traded away thugs like Artest and Stephen Jackson, excellent defensive players who won, and brought in softie losers like Mike Dunleavy Jr. and Troy Murphy. That's why they suck now and why Walsh is leaving Indiana. He doesn't want to be associated with a mess Larry Bird created.

If the Pacers still had Artest, Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington they'd be winning around 50 games in the East and that is good enough to be a title contender.

Bottom line is while Walsh may not be Jerry West he is definitely a lot better than buffoons like Scott Layden and Isiah Thomas. Walsh is the first real GM the Knicks have had since they mistakenly fired Ernie Grunfeld ten years ago.

Now if only Dolan can let Walsh do his thing.

Archived