Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pro Football Talk? :rl: If anything Favre and the Packers are just using the Jets to drive up the price.

Right. Because the Packers want to trade him inside the NFC. Do you think before you type? :rl: Its been stated, and a known fact, that Green Bay wants him out of the conference if they can get him to accept a trade to New York.

Also, FoxSports and ESPN report the same.

Right. Because the Packers want to trade him inside the NFC. Do you think before you type? :rl: Its been stated, and a known fact, that Green Bay wants him out of the conference if they can get him to accept a trade to New York.

He already said he doesn't want to play for the Jets. Not sure what Mangini could have said to change his mind about that.

I really don't understand why Tampa is trading for him. Is he really going to be that much better than Garcia with a month to digest the offense? Because if they are serious about this trade, that means Garcia is done. No way they give up what will likely be 1 or more early draft picks for Favre to sit behind the guy they already have.

p.s. Are you really one to talk on that matter? :rl:

Favre would be a GREAT addition. Obviously he'd be a great QB for us this year, but also think about Clemens. Pennington has been his mentor n although Chad is a very smart QB, they are totally different. Kellen is a gunslinger and Pennington is a game manager. What could possibly be better than bringing in the best gun slinger of all time and arguably the best QB of all time (statistically)

You may want to take another crack at reading comprehension. The article at no time says the he is considering the Jets.

:rl: To be honest I didn't even read the article until you said this. WOW!! Hey, Joe just writes em' doesn't read em'.

Yeah, but Favre would strongly prefer to play for the Bucs - who play the Packers this year and maybe next. And part of all these negotiations has to be the salary that Brett will be getting for his services. It could be him inviting the Jets into it to drive his paycheck from the Bucs higher. He certainly doesn't give a crap about what the Pack gets for him.

I heard the main reason Favre wants to go to the Bucs over the Jets is because the Bucs have GB on their schedule this year. The more I learn about Favre, and I have learned more than I could have ever wanted the last few weeks, the less I like or respect him.

According to Adam Shefter several of Favre's family members believe New York is a better landing spot for him and a trade to Tampa Bay is not even close.

The Jets haven't sent out that PSL announcement yet. So there is still hope for getting Favre.

As I was driving home from work a little while ago I was listening to a Detroit radio station that sadi that the Pack were going to send Favre to the Bucs, but now the Jets have come in with a better offer, so now they are mulling the options again.

In other news the sky is falling. MAKE a DECISION ALREADY!

Most people here have to know ,the "ONLY REASON" Brett became interested in the JETS all of a sudden is because without at least 1 other bidding party ,Green Bay would get nothing and Bretts new contract with what ever team he signs with would offer a minimal $$$$$ number.....In the end it will be Tampa ,just so Brett can play them head to head this season.

The recent signings we made wont do anything for the long term either... chad pennington as the qb wont do anything for the long term..hmmm.. short term either.. kellen clemons is decent at best... we got to stop with all this crap already...

Favre gives us the best chance to win...

Favre seriously needs to **** away off. Signing him will do nothing for this franchise in the long run, Nothing!!

Stay the **** away from this team you overrated POS!

Give me a friggin break. Chad and Clemens suck and do nothing for the future either. It's not like we have Aaron Rodgers sitting on the bench.

Archived