Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

Favre seriously needs to **** away off. Signing him will do nothing for this franchise in the long run, Nothing!!

Stay the **** away from this team you overrated POS!

Tell me one thing that helps in the "long run" more than having a winning franchise that generates revenue, plays in bigger, higher profile games and that people want to play for.

I believe Brett Favre would give the Jets the best chance to win over the next two years. He's no guarantee, but I've seen what we already have and it ain't much.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tell me one thing that helps in the "long run" more than having a winning franchise that people want to play for.

I believe Brett Favre would give the Jets the best chance to win over the next two years. He's no guarantee, but I've seen what we already have and it ain't much.

That's being nice.

Favre knows what he wants, he just wants to pretend like he's deciding or whatnot, and we all know he just wants to be the attention maker that he is.

Feh I wouldn't be so sure of that man. He's been changing his mind every five mins this entire process.

Give me a friggin break. Chad and Clemens suck and do nothing for the future either. It's not like we have Aaron Rodgers sitting on the bench.

Brett Favre's stay here will do nothing for this team. At least avoiding him will not **** up our salary cap and save a draft pick. He's not worth it. He wont get us any further than Pennington would.

Brett Favre's stay here will do nothing for this team. At least avoiding him will not **** up our salary cap and save a draft pick. He's not worth it. He wont get us any further than Pennington would.

Yeah I mean it's not like he threw 30 TD's or had a 95+ QB rating last year... The same as chad...

You may want to take another crack at reading comprehension. The article at no time says the he is considering the Jets.

You may want to read the article I posted before entitled: Cook: Favre now considering both Jets and Bucs. That was the most recently written article of anyone.

Nice try. :rl:

:rl: To be honest I didn't even read the article until you said this. WOW!! Hey, Joe just writes em' doesn't read em'.

Wrong. Most recent article was the one I posted entitled:

Cook: Favre considering both Jets and Bucs.

Tell me one thing that helps in the "long run" more than having a winning franchise that generates revenue, plays in bigger, higher profile games and that people want to play for.

Next two years? Oh it's two now? It's gone from 0 to 2?

Gimme a break. The guy has sucked 2 out of the last 3 seasons despite being on a very strong young team. He will not win us a SB, not a chance. If he's coming here for any other reason than to win a championship NOW then it shouldn't happen. I'd bet my life that with or without Favre, we aint winning a championship. He'll **** the bed in the clutch, like he always ****ing does!!!

All this Jersy sales, higher profile bull**** can go to ****. That's not the reason to sign a player. The long term goal for every team is the Superbowl, Favre brings us further from that goal so it absolutely pointless to make this trade.

The Jets aren't going to sweep the Patriots with Jesus Christ at QB.

I agree. Jesus would be too busy forgiving all of Belichick's sins and they would keep getting delay of game penalties.

This is why I think Favre is a much better fit.

The guy "sucked" in 2005 and 2006 because the team around him was putrid. Injuries left & right and that young team that succeeded so well in 2007 was still very young and still learning in those years. You don't go 4-12 just because of your Quarterback.

I seriously can picture Favre in a Jet uniform tearing up that Pats D.

New England's secondary is in pretty bad shape. I can image John Beck tearing up their secondary. Its running the ball on them and stopping their passing attack that is key.

:rl: :rl: :rl:

At someone thinking Favre couldn't get us further than Pennington. Are you f'ing serious?

Chad would probably get us 9-10 wins and an early playoff exit due to his physical limitations. That's going by what he has done so far.

Brett would probably get us 11-12 wins and an early playoff exit due to his stupid desicions. That's going by what he has done so far.

Pointless, ****ing pointless!

Wow. That was a pathetic post, I expected that from Boom Boom or someone like that.

That's completely idiotic, come on.

The guy "sucked" in 2005 and 2006 because the team around him was putrid. Injuries left & right and that young team that succeeded so well in 2007 was still very young and still learning in those years. You don't go 4-12 just because of your Quarterback.

Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens say hello.

Chad would probably get us 9-10 wins and an early playoff exit due to his physical limitations. That's going by what he has done so far.

Brett would probably get us 11-12 wins and an early playoff exit due to his stupid desicions. That's going by what he has done so far.

Pointless, ****ing pointless!

Yeah man. Who wants 11-12 wins? Are you for real?

New England's secondary is in pretty bad shape. I can image John Beck tearing up their secondary. Its running the ball on them and stopping their passing attack that is key.

Well if we have Favre, it'll be easier to run the ball.

:rl: :rl: :rl:

At someone thinking Favre couldn't get us further than Pennington. Are you f'ing serious?

I just worry about him adjusting to the personnel and playbook. I think we may struggle the 1st couple weeks of the season if we made the deal now, but ultimately, I think we'd be a better team.

Irish Jet = Ecurb.

Are you going to at least try and prove my point wrong? Are you going to deny Favre ****ting the bed in the playoffs throughout his recent career?

He will not take this team to the SB. That has been the knock on Chad and as much as you may hate to hear it, it applies to Brett Favre too.

Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens say hello.

Adrien Clarke, Anthony Clement, The Offensive Line in general, Jonathan Vilma playing in the 34 and Dewayne Robertson say hello as well. Wow, how quickly you forget.

Are you going to at least try and prove my point wrong? Are you going to deny Favre ****ting the bed in the playoffs throughout his recent career?

He will not take this team to the SB. That has been the knock on Chad and as much as you may hate to hear it, it applies to Brett Favre too.

****ting the bed? So we're going to blame the entire Giants game on him now?

At least he can get his team to a 13-3 record and an NFC Championship Game. Chad Pennington? The best he can do is 10-6 with a lucky Wild Card playoff win and then produce 3 points in the Divisional Round and then we can blame it all on the Kicker.

Your point is moronic. Pennington at best gets in as a 6th Wild Card spot while Favre helps us compete for the division and easily gives us a chance to compete in the AFC.

Yeah man. Who wants 11-12 wins? Are you for real?

What's so much better about 11-12 wins than 9-10 if you're not going to get a SB out of it? Which we wont.

If Favre couldn't get a better Packers team to the SB last season in the NFC then he will not get the Jets to the SB this season in the AFC.

You HAVE no point. You have no argument against favre as a player. You just have garbage about the playoffs. Do you realize how many times the Jets have made the playoffs IN THEIR HISTORY and you act like making the playoffs is nothing? What a joke you are.

Archived