It's early but Girardi's already showing he knows how to manage a game & the bullpen

Barton

Yeah. It's really hard to manage a pen when you get six to seven good innings out of the starter.

Barton, would you please learn something about SOME sport? I don't care which. Just choose one.

Maybe the 27 on Girardi's back is the number of times he plans to call in sick this year.

10x better than Torre ever did the last 6 years.

I agree

No, he has Joba for a full year

Happy with Girardi thusfar

Joe had plenty of good pitchers, he tended to trust only 2 of them

All he has proven is that he knows how to call out sick for 50% of the games.

True that

Yeah. It's really hard to manage a pen when you get six to seven good innings out of the starter.

Barton, would you please learn something about SOME sport? I don't care which. Just choose one.

Maybe the 27 on Girardi's back is the number of times he plans to call in sick this year.

If Torre didnt yank the starter out in the 5th, they could have one seven.

He's done better so far, I agree, but he also has Joba Chamberlain for an entire season. That might help a little bit. Joba came up HUGE today. :cheers:

What would the Yankees record be with Joba as a starter right now, instead of the set-up man? I think we may be in almost the same position that the Tigers would be in.

lol, you are clueless. Go root for the dodgers.

Why cant the Yankees hit with runners on base, ever?

It sort of goes like this:

The Yankees lineup against a good pitcher = completely shut down.

Average pitcher- have the uncanny habit of making them look much better than what they are. ( AJ Burnett is not lights out pitcher, Im sorry)

Bad pitcher- We hit, inflating the numbers.

Honest question here-How difficult is it to manage a bullpen the first week of the season with an off day and a rain out thrown in?

Let's see where he is in June, when they paly 14 straight, Pettitte and Mussina are showing age, and they have to run 3 to 4 guys out every night.

Herm Edwards could manage a bullpen week 1.

Honest question here-How difficult is it to manage a bullpen the first week of the season with an off day and a rain out thrown in?

Let's see where he is in June, when they paly 14 straight, Pettitte and Mussina are showing age, and they have to run 3 to 4 guys out every night.

Herm Edwards could manage a bullpen week 1.

We are playing 14 straight right now.

We are playing 14 straight right now.

The comment was on week 1. Again I ask teh question, how hard is it to manage a bullpen in week 1 where everyone has rest, you have a scheduled say off, and a rain out.

What's tough about that?

Putting in Joba in the 8th and Mariano in the 9th is hard when you have a lead?

Please let my job be so tough.

The comment was on week 1. Again I ask teh question, how hard is it to manage a bullpen in week 1 where everyone has rest, you have a scheduled say off, and a rain out.

What's tough about that?

Putting in Joba in the 8th and Mariano in the 9th is hard when you have a lead?

Please let my job be so tough.

Yea, you didnt even watch the game. Thanks for playing.

lol, you are clueless. Go root for the dodgers.

Barton: Making a statement saying Giradi is better than Torre after a handful of games is beyond stupid.

When the Yankees go on a 5 or 6 game losing streak (happens to every team) you will be the 1st guy calling for Giradi's head

I thought you had matured. I guess I was wrong.

Barton: Making a statement saying Giradi is better than Torre after a handful of games is beyond stupid.

When the Yankees go on a 5 or 6 game losing streak (happens to every team) you will be the 1st guy calling for Giradi's head

I thought you had matured. I guess I was wrong.

Read the thread title again. The entire thread title. From left to right.

And your statement in bold is pure garbage. I've been wanting Girardi to be our manager for years now.

Read the thread title again. The entire thread title. From left to right.

And your statement in bold is pure garbage. I've been wanting Girardi to be our manager for years now.

I read the title dooshey.

Can you promise me that you won't freak out when the Yankees go on a losing streak this season?

I read the title dooshey.

Can you promise me that you won't freak out when the Yankees go on a losing streak this season?

What does saying that he does one thing better than our old manager have to do with losing streaks? Nice logic there.

What's tough about that?

The fact that we got rained out on opening day took a day off away and to start the season now, is 14 straight games. So, no days off, no rain outs(as of yet)

Archived