The Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Mavrik

Actually, that is exactly what he is doing. You think he gets paid by Vs. or NBC for them to create show opens or anything? He's been interviewed hundreds of times these playoffs. He doesn't get paid for that either. His schedule is very demanding and we're not even talking about on the ice. I wish I could find the article written about how much is actually asked of him to do on a day in day out basis and how happy his teammates are that thye aren't the ones in the limelight. Trust me, you don't even see half the things the NHL, the Penguins, and everyone else asks him to do.

Published reports have said that Crosby will make more money via endorsements off the ice than what he makes on it. That's 850,000 a year, plus the incentives he got, so 2,000,000 + (850,000 X 3) + even more than that in endorsements. That right there is enough to get paid for. I expect him and every other professional sports player to answer any interview given to them after games. It's their duty with the amount of money they are making. My schedule is demanding. I don't see anyone praising me or giving me millions of dollars. I might not see what he gets asked to do, but both of us aren't seeing all that he's getting paid. For that money, this is the least he could do.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for chiming in. Crosby has fought in the NHL. I don't expect someone like you to know that. I'm sure the Capitals love to see Ovechkin get into fights. It makes so much sense to see star players hurt senselessly. There is a reason enforcers are in the game. Continue on being a joke.

Then how do you explain someone like Mike Richards then? He is pretty much the star of his team, or soon to be anyway. He is always a guy who stands up for himself, and his teamates. You wont see him crying like a ***** behind big ass Laraque, or in Richards' case, Hatcher.

I still think it's funny when Pens fans are insulting people who actually know the game.

Then how do you explain someone like Mike Richards then? He is pretty much the star of his team, or soon to be anyway. He is always a guy who stands up for himself, and his teamates. You wont see him crying like a ***** behind big ass Laraque, or in Richards' case, Hatcher.

I still think it's funny when Pens fans are insulting people who actually know the game.

How could Laraque fight all of Crosby's fights if Crosby has had a fighting major in the NHL? You do know with that last statement that you are insulting Penguins fans, right?

Besides, the job of a player like Laraque is to protect the star player, and that's what he does. Same happens with many teams, you don't see Jagr getting in too many fights, although he has dropped the gloves a couple of times. If you have someone to protect a star player, I don't blame any team for using him.

How could Laraque fight all of Crosby's fights if Crosby has had a fighting major in the NHL? You do know with that last statement that you are insulting Penguins fans, right?

Besides, the job of a player like Laraque is to protect the star player, and that's what he does. Same happens with many teams, you don't see Jagr getting in too many fights, although he has dropped the gloves a couple of times. If you have someone to protect a star player, I don't blame any team for using him.

I do know I am bashing the Pens fans, they all deserve it. Their fans are just like the Cleveland Cavs fans. They all showed up when Lebron showed up over there, so when Cindy showed up, so did their fans. Carl only proves my point, he picks his sports teams by playing video games!

I do know I am bashing the Pens fans, they all deserve it. Their fans are just like the Cleveland Cavs fans. They all showed up when Lebron showed up over there, so when Cindy showed up, so did their fans. Carl only proves my point, he picks his sports teams by playing video games!

I don't think you are in any position to say that. You joined the board in March, how could you possibly know what teams Carl roots for throughout his life and how he decides this in three months?

Personally if I had to choose between Ovechkin, and Cindy. Just the fact that Cindy is a diving bitch, that I would choose Ovechkin. Plus, I don't think Ovechkin has some big ass black guy, like Laraque fight his battles. I still wonder when those two are getting engaged, they would make a great couple. I am still pissed and it's been a week and a half or so, that the refs didn't let Mike Richards pound the **** out of the bitch.

Crosby would have beat Mike Richards' ass.

I don't think you are in any position to say that. You joined the board in March, how could you possibly know what teams Carl roots for throughout his life and how he decides this in three months?

Maybe the fact that he has said he started playing with the Pens in an NHL video game, which is why I know how he roots for that team. I feel I am in a great position to say that, by the way.

Crosby would have beat Mike Richards' ass.

Pens fans showing their true knowledge of the sport right here.

uh.... really? lol

I bet Pens fans don't even remember that first fight. That dude got knocked the **** out... lol

Sure you see Richards get punched a couple of times in vids, but to say that Mike Richards would lose a fight to Cindy is hilariously stupid. Every single "TRUE" hockey fan knows Richards would kill Cindy.

Then you see Mike Richards, the guy whose under 6 feet, fight Mara who is almost 6'5. Yeah, so like I said, Crosby even having a chance to beat up Richards is just plain laughable. Cindy would get clocked.

Published reports have said that Crosby will make more money via endorsements off the ice than what he makes on it. That's 850,000 a year, plus the incentives he got, so 2,000,000 + (850,000 X 3) + even more than that in endorsements. That right there is enough to get paid for. I expect him and every other professional sports player to answer any interview given to them after games. It's their duty with the amount of money they are making. My schedule is demanding. I don't see anyone praising me or giving me millions of dollars. I might not see what he gets asked to do, but both of us aren't seeing all that he's getting paid. For that money, this is the least he could do.

Endorsements are different. Gatorade and whomever else pay for his time. The networks, the newspapers, the charities, and othe rorganizations do not. He does just as much for fans and non-profits as he does to make himself money. I see where you're coming from, but I just think it needs to be known what he is doing for his sport outside of the rink.

How many fighting majors does Richards have? Serious question. Crosby always stands up for himself and his teammates. On the ice and off it.

Maybe the fact that he has said he started playing with the Pens in an NHL video game, which is why I know how he roots for that team. I feel I am in a great position to say that, by the way.

So the way in which I became a fan determines the kind of fan I am? Seriously? I did mention that this was like 17 years ago before the Penguins franchise won any titles or anything. You truly are lacking in any knowledge of anything in which you speak. Continue on bashing the EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS, but keep my name out your mouth.

Pens fans showing their true knowledge of the sport right here.

uh.... really? lol

I bet Pens fans don't even remember that first fight. That dude got knocked the **** out... lol

Sure you see Richards get punched a couple of times in vids, but to say that Mike Richards would lose a fight to Cindy is hilariously stupid. Every single "TRUE" hockey fan knows Richards would kill Cindy.

Then you see Mike Richards, the guy whose under 6 feet, fight Mara who is almost 6'5. Yeah, so like I said, Crosby even having a chance to beat up Richards is just plain laughable. Cindy would get clocked.

Yeah, Richards got his ass beat in a few of those fights. Crosby is 1-0.

Haha, the guy who doesn't even have a favorite team telling someone they aren't a real fan because of the way they picked their team. I guess thats why he doesn't have a favorite team, because if he picked one now, then he really wouldn't be a real fan, lol.

Yeah, Richards got his ass beat in a few of those fights. Crosby is 1-0.

The point is Richards doesn't back away from anyone, doesn't matter if it's 6'5 Mara or 5'10 Kapanen. He will fight anybody no matter what the odds are against him, and if you saw the fight against the 6'5 Mara, Richards obviously won that fight. To think Crosby has any possible of chance of even getting one punch off of Richards is laughable. Richards would just knock him out with one ****ing punch. Notice Carl even ignores these posts, about Richards would knock him out, because him, unlike you, knows that Richards would kill Crosby.

Haha, the guy who doesn't even have a favorite team telling someone they aren't a real fan because of the way they picked their team. I guess thats why he doesn't have a favorite team, because if he picked one now, then he really wouldn't be a real fan, lol.

Actually I've said in the past my two favorite players are Mike Richards, and Peter Forsberg, so which ever team they're on, I would root for, and even though, I don't have a team, I would still bet any money amount in the world, that I know the sport way more then a bandwagon Pens fan does like yourself. I wouldn't even be surprised if Pens fans didn't even know who Peter Forsberg was... lol

I actually know the rules of the game pre strike, unlike you.

Notice Carl even ignores these posts, about Richards would knock him out, because him, unlike you, knows that Richards would kill Crosby.

1. Don't put words in my mouth.

2. I don't respond to posts like this because all they are is inflammatory and there is no saying one way or the other until it actually happens.

3. I try to ignore most of your posts as a whole anyway.

4. Continue on being a joke.

Actually I've said in the past my two favorite players are Mike Richards, and Peter Forsberg, so which ever team they're on, I would root for, and even though, I don't have a team, I would still bet any money amount in the world, that I know the sport way more then a bandwagon Pens fan does like yourself. I wouldn't even be surprised if Pens fans didn't even know who Peter Forsberg was... lol

I actually know the rules of the game pre strike, unlike you.

I'll pull out the old classic. There would be three hits. Crosby's fist hitting Richards' face. Richards hitting the ice. And the ambulance hitting 60 on the way to the hospital.

Which team sold out all their home playoff games and which team didn't?

Which team goes to games when their a losing team, and which one doesn't? Although the last time the Red Wings had a losing season, it was 1990. Detroit, Michigan is one of the only states in the United States that I honestly can respect with Hockey. Every single one of them knows the sport very well.

1. Don't put words in my mouth.

2. I don't respond to posts like this because all they are is inflammatory and there is no saying one way or the other until it actually happens.

3. I try to ignore most of your posts as a whole anyway.

4. Continue on being a joke.

Continue on being a bandwagoner.

Which team goes to games when their a losing team, and which one doesn't? Although the last time the Red Wings had a losing season, it was 1990. Detroit, Michigan is one of the only states in the United States that I honestly can respect with Hockey. Every single one of them knows the sport very well.

Detroit, Michigan is a city dude, not a state.

Detroit is the city, Michigan is the state, not surprised what so ever that you didn't know that.

Not surprised whatsoever that you didn't even know whatsoever is one word and not three. Oh, also, your sentence structure on your post that was replied to by Sharrow was correctly called out by him. Just sayin'.

Not surprised whatsoever that you didn't even know whatsoever is one word and not three. Oh, also, your sentence structure on your post that was replied to by Sharrow was correctly called out by him. Just sayin'.

Have fun correcting people on their grammar on a place that doesn't even matter. Also have fun watching your team get crushed by a real hockey team.

Sigh.... Pens fans are hilarious. They just hate when they're called bandwagoners. I don't see why Carl gets so pissed, he is a bandwagoner, he basically told me he was. Choosing a sports team to root for by picking them in a video game, if that doesn't spell bandwagoner, then I don't know what is.

Have fun correcting people on their grammar on a place that doesn't even matter. Also have fun watching your team get crushed by a real hockey team.

Sigh.... Pens fans are hilarious. They just hate when they're called bandwagoners. I don't see why Carl gets so pissed, he is a bandwagoner, he basically told me he was. Choosing a sports team to root for by picking them in a video game, if that doesn't spell bandwagoner, then I don't know what is.

A bandwagoner is someone who likes a particular team when they were good and doesn't when they're bad. I've liked the Pens for a long time. Just ask Rico Fata. I have explained multiple times that hockey is not a big sport where I am from and no one in my family is really into like I am. Yet you continually babble about what you perceive is reality; yet when all is said and done you have done nothing more than make yourself a fool. Congratulations.

So picking a team makes you a bandwagoner? Do you even know what a bandwagoner is? I love seeing people just start saying crap that is completely contradictory to whom they are. Just by proxy your a bandwagon fan, rooting for a player no matter what team he is on, that's bandwagon by definition jumping from Orlando to LA to Miami. How'd you come to like Shaq anyway did you just latch on when he played in Orlando or did you bother to actually follow him as a college player? I had no idea there were strict laws defining how to become an actual fan of a team.

So picking a team makes you a bandwagoner? Do you even know what a bandwagoner is? I love seeing people just start saying crap that is completely contradictory to whom they are. Just by proxy your a bandwagon fan, rooting for a player no matter what team he is on, that's bandwagon by definition jumping from Orlando to LA to Miami. How'd you come to like Shaq anyway did you just latch on when he played in Orlando or did you bother to actually follow him as a college player? I had no idea there were strict laws defining how to become an actual fan of a team.

Actually picking a team from where you live, thats what you're supposed to do, but when you pick a team through a video game, and no one in your family or friends or anybody has ever liked them, then you have to be called a bandwagoner.

Born in Florida, which is why I am a Magic fan. Shaq just ended up getting drafted by the Magic, which is why he became my favorite player. I was actually a fan of the Magic before Shaq got there, back when Nick Anderson, and Scott Skiles were my two favorites. I wouldn't be surprised if you even knew who Nick Anderson was.

Actually picking a team from where you live, thats what you're supposed to do, but when you pick a team through a video game, and no one in your family or friends or anybody has ever liked them, then you have to be called a bandwagoner.

Born in Florida, which is why I am a Magic fan. Shaq just ended up getting drafted by the Magic, which is why he became my favorite player. I was actually a fan of the Magic before Shaq got there, back when Nick Anderson, and Scott Skiles were my two favorites. I wouldn't be surprised if you even knew who Nick Anderson was.

So now you make the rules on how people should pick their favorite teams? Seriously? Get a life, dude. Honestly.

Not at all, dude. That just makes no sense. You don't have to pick a team just because they are from anywhere near you. As long as you don't pick that team to root for because they are good, then there are no problems. If you switch favorite teams because your current one is bad then you are a bandwagoner. Calling someone a bandwagoner because they picked them through a video game is stupid. If you honestly used to be a Magic fan, then liked the Lakers, then Heat you truly are the only bandwagoner here. I'd like for you to find, for me, where Carl admitted he's a bandwagoner. Thanks.

P.S. Your last comment was totally uncalled for. Can we have a civilized discussion in this thread at all?

Not at all, dude. That just makes no sense. You don't have to pick a team just because they are from anywhere near you. As long as you don't pick that team to root for because they are good, then there are no problems. If you switch favorite teams because your current one is bad then you are a bandwagoner. Calling someone a bandwagoner because they picked them through a video game is stupid. If you honestly used to be a Magic fan, then liked the Lakers, then Heat you truly are the only bandwagoner here. I'd like for you to find, for me, where Carl admitted he's a bandwagoner. Thanks.

P.S. Your last comment was totally uncalled for. Can we have a civilized discussion in this thread at all?

You're a little lost. I would never, ever leave the Orlando Magic.

Detroit is the city, Michigan is the state, not surprised what so ever that you didn't know that.

Lol, when you say "Detroit, Michigan" it means the city. Most people know that before they even start elementary school.

Man, you really have no clue about anything, do you? You don't even know what the definition of a "bandwagon fan" is. I think even most non-sports fans know what that means and you don't. Sad.

So because I'm not from America, nor do I live in America. I can't pick a team?

Archived