The Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Mavrik

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much to say about this game. It was a heartbreaker. To come 30 seconds from the Cup and then three 3OTs lose on an idiot penalty by Hudler.

Both teams played great. Although I think in the end, the Wings did more to lose this game than the Pens did to win it. The Wings made a mistake late and the Pens capitalized.

We'll see how resolute the Wings are and if they can bounce back from something like this for game 6.

A great game. Is Malkin hurt? Doesn't seem like he's remotely the same player he was vs. the Rangers.

The Flyers really went after him. He started hearing footsteps and hasn't been the same since. I wouldn't be surprised if he is injured. If not, hopefully the gw assist last night will get him out of his funk.

I think the Penguins are going to win tonight and give all the hope in the world to Sharrow and CrazyCarl and pull the rug up underneath their feet and get slaughtered 4-1 in Game 7. :headbang:

Either way..

GO WINGS!!!

Tough goal to let up there making it 3-1 Wings

Think it's over

8 minutes to go. I agree JonE, it's over.

Sorry Sharrow and CrazyCarl. As a fan I know how it feels when your team loses in the big one. If the arseholes who have been posting in this thread pile on I will be the 1st to tell them to go fark themselves.

BTW: Congrats Mavrik.

Congrats to the Detroit Red Wings and their fans (yes even you Mav ;))

All around a great series of hockey and the better team prevailed; they don't lie when they say defense wins championships. The Red Wings forced the Pens to play the Red Wings game and by the time they adjusted it was too late. I'm happy the Red Wings won it though, some solid players and guys on that team (except Holmstrom I've decided I hate that guy).

Anyway, the Pens are a young team and can only build from this experience. I have full faith in Therrien and Shero to bring back guys we need and bring other guys to pick up the slack. It is a very bright future for the Pens and I for one cannot wait until next season.

Congrats again Detroit.

See you on the baseball board... Go Sox!

worst-officiated NHL game I've ever seen.

The refs played no part in this one tonight. Just lady luck. Gill's bad bounce on the first, Fleury's knock in on the third. Can't help the way the puck bounces sometime. Cannot discount though that the Penguins no matter how dire the circumstances never gave up. I know there is no such thing as a moral victory but the Penguins shouldn't be too disappointed. Learn from the experience and grow from it.

Congrats to the Detroit Red Wings and their fans (yes even you Mav ;))

All around a great series of hockey and the better team prevailed; they don't lie when they say defense wins championships. The Red Wings forced the Pens to play the Red Wings game and by the time they adjusted it was too late. I'm happy the Red Wings won it though, some solid players and guys on that team (except Holmstrom I've decided I hate that guy).

Anyway, the Pens are a young team and can only build from this experience. I have full faith in Therrien and Shero to bring back guys we need and bring other guys to pick up the slack. It is a very bright future for the Pens and I for one cannot wait until next season.

Congrats again Detroit.

See you on the baseball board... Go Sox!

Thats pure class. Great post mate.

Why don't we have the same civility in the NFL & MLB Forums. The beers are on me tonight*

*Those would be virtual beers but you know what I'm saying.

Thank you very much to everyone who wished congrats on the Wings winning the cup. Didn't get a chance to hop on here last night because I was out drinking and smoking a victory cigar until 5am. Needless to say, I called in sick today. :lol:.

I'm proud of the Wings, not just for winning the cup, but for bouncing back and staying determining after something as heartbreaking as game 5. That was one of those games that could have easily left them in the gutter for the rest of the series. But they fought back and pulled one out. Both Hank and Ozzie had great series and it was great to see guys who've never hoisted the cup like Dallas Drake to get their chance.

Congrats to to the Penguins too. CrazyCarl and Sharrow, I know you guys didn't win the cup, but there's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. You guys played your a$$es off this series and fought until the end. With the exceptions of the first two games, I think this was probably one of the most entertaining and just flat out great hockey series that I've seen in a long time. Just great back and forth hockey. and don't get me wrong, You guys will be back here. You have a tremendously talented team that's going to take you guys far for much of the foreseeable future. If anything, this is going to give guys like Crosby, Malkin, and Staal a chance to grow as players and know what it takes to win the cup.

Figures the one weekend I plan a trip to the U.P., the Wings schedule their parade at the same time.

Looks like there's trouble brewing in Steel City already.

from cnnsi.com

There is a brewing problem between Penguins coach Michel Therrien and some of his players -- a number of them despise playing for him. No one will choose the Stanley Cup final as a forum to call out their coach but there are far too many whispers out there that too many players can't stand working for -- or with-- Therrien. If that isn't an issue to be dealt with immediately, it is certainly something that will grow with time. If that isn't an issue to be dealt with immediately, it is certainly something that will grow with time. Brooks Orpik, the free agent defenceman who will be coveted by many teams after July 1, has told people he will not re-sign in Pittsburgh if Therrien is the coach. Jordan Staal is another Therrien complainer. Add to that the belief that part-owner Mario Lemieux hasn't been impressed with Therrien's work in the playoffs and that's another problem for GM Ray Shero.

Thank you very much to everyone who wished congrats on the Wings winning the cup. Didn't get a chance to hop on here last night because I was out drinking and smoking a victory cigar until 5am. Needless to say, I called in sick today. :lol:.

I'm proud of the Wings, not just for winning the cup, but for bouncing back and staying determining after something as heartbreaking as game 5. That was one of those games that could have easily left them in the gutter for the rest of the series. But they fought back and pulled one out. Both Hank and Ozzie had great series and it was great to see guys who've never hoisted the cup like Dallas Drake to get their chance.

Congrats to to the Penguins too. CrazyCarl and Sharrow, I know you guys didn't win the cup, but there's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. You guys played your a$$es off this series and fought until the end. With the exceptions of the first two games, I think this was probably one of the most entertaining and just flat out great hockey series that I've seen in a long time. Just great back and forth hockey. and don't get me wrong, You guys will be back here. You have a tremendously talented team that's going to take you guys far for much of the foreseeable future. If anything, this is going to give guys like Crosby, Malkin, and Staal a chance to grow as players and know what it takes to win the cup.

Figures the one weekend I plan a trip to the U.P., the Wings schedule their parade at the same time.

You are going to miss the parade? That sucks. I went to the Red Sox parade in 2004 and it was awesome.

You are going to miss the parade? That sucks. I went to the Red Sox parade in 2004 and it was awesome.

Nothing beats a ride around the Continental Airlines Arena parking lot parade though. :rl:

Archived