The Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Mavrik

Just because your coach cries about it doesn't mean it's true.

Besides, even if they were, as you said: They didn't call a penalty on Roberts for punching Franzen in the head, so you said that was a non-issue. Well, they're not calling the Wings for obstruction. So doesn't that make it a non-issue as well?

Oh it's true. I can't even count how many times a Pens players has been grabbed or clutched and brought to the ice with no recourse. One incident vs. many incidents clutters the argument for making it an issue. Considering the obstruction happens far more often than one "punch", I'd say it is an issue.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hockey of the "Big Four" sports in America has the least amount of fans, Jade. How can a Hockey team have the most bandwagon fans? I'm not buying it. The biggest bandwagon fans are the fans of either the Los Angeles Lakers or the Miami Heat. Probably the Heat.

How would you know how horrible it is considering you haven't watched it? Anyway, did someone say something about spamming? You're proving everything that I said about you true. And I can't say that I'm surprised.
It's called NHL on the fly on the NHL network, and you did too say spamming, get a clue.

I do not give 2 sh*ts about what you or anybody else here says about me, I think you are a loser, who's thrill in life is mastering the games in the arcase section of this place.

GET A LIFE!!!

Jade. You have issues dude. Focus on another sport. One in which your team hasn't already been eliminated and embarrassed in.
Whaa, I did not expect much from my team this season, but I'd rather go out early than get embarrassed in the finals.

Oh it's true. I can't even count how many times a Pens players has been grabbed or clutched and brought to the ice with no recourse. One incident vs. many incidents clutters the argument for making it an issue. Considering the obstruction happens far more often than one "punch", I'd say it is an issue.
Who is crying about the refs now???

Pay back is a bitch, try scoring first then maybe you will get a call.

Oh never mind cindy already cried for calls on national TV, that will buy them a few.

Now if cindy would just send poppa gary those pictures of her in those hot pants he likes so much, maybe the will wave off a few more Detroit goals.

Hockey of the "Big Four" sports in America has the least amount of fans, Jade. How can a Hockey team have the most bandwagon fans? I'm not buying it. The biggest bandwagon fans are the fans of either the Los Angeles Lakers or the Miami Heat. Probably the Heat.
I never said bandwagon, what the hell are you talking about.

Maybe one day when you are all grown up you will know what I mean by penqueens fans being fair weather.

I never said bandwagon, what the hell are you talking about.

Maybe one day when you are all grown up you will know what I mean by penqueens fans being fair weather.

Bandwagon and fair weather are basically the same damn freakin' thing. :eek: Wow. Just wow.

Whaa, I did not expect much from my team this season, but I'd rather go out early than get embarrassed in the finals.

You'd rather be embarrassed by the team in the finals who is being embarrassed than the team being embarrassed in the finals?

Holy faulty logic.

I love how you parade the fact that the Penguins get preferential calls but you have no proof. You call Crosby a diver, but show me the penalties for it on him. Just like most uninformed people, you just spout opinions and not much more.

You'd rather be embarrassed by the team in the finals who is being embarrassed than the team being embarrassed in the finals?

Holy faulty logic.

He doesn't know the definition of logic and I'm not sure if he knows that the 7 game series is now moving to Pittsburgh.

According to him the Wings have already won the Cup.

I guess you, Sharrow and Mavrik can't talk hockey without these idiots spewing garbarge.

Holy faulty logic.

I love how you parade the fact that the Penguins get preferential calls but you have no proof. You call Crosby a diver, but show me the penalties for it on him. Just like most uninformed people, you just spout opinions and not much more.

Yuo, I rather go out early then get destroyed in the finals.

You question my logic and your brain tells you that if they don't call it there is no penalty, and then with your next breath you cry that the wings are obstructing, and it's not getting called.

That's funny what a joke, what a clown, at least my opinions are consistent.

Yeah, I wish my team was worse. I'd much rather watch my team go out in the first round than go to the Stanley Cup Finals. I want my team to suck as much as possible if they're not going to win it all. :rl:

He doesn't know the definition of logic and I'm not sure if he knows that the 7 game series is now moving to Pittsburgh.

According to him the Wings have already won the Cup.

I guess you, Sharrow and Mavrik can't talk hockey without these idiots spewing garbarge.

You are the biggest jerk on the board, where did I say the series was over???

All you do is make up crap, and down play the facts.

I said they were being destroyed in the finals, and they are.

Are you a penqueen fan now, no wait the Wings are leading I bet you like them.

Sorry guys, but Gonzo is the biggest joke of you all, 124 is pushing for a close 2nd, SHOCKER!!!

Yeah, I wish my team was worse. I'd much rather watch my team go out in the first round than go to the Stanley Cup Finals. I want my team to suck as much as possible if they're not going to win it all. :rl:
I never said anything about sucking, man all you live in a fantasy world, make sh*t up with every post.

I know 124 you and your genuis would rather watch the Rangers get destroyed in the finals, maybe you like that kind of heart break.

I lived through that twice with the Rangers, it's more devestating, than going out in round 2 but what would you know.

Sorry guys, but Gonzo is the biggest joke of you all, 124 is pushing for a close 2nd, SHOCKER!!!

If there was a poll on the board that asked JN members who the biggest jerk is I wouldn't crack the top 50. You on the other hand would be in the top 5.

If there was a poll on the board that asked JN members who the biggest jerk is I wouldn't crack the top 50. You on the other hand would be in the top 5.
Wow you are amazing, actually I would hope so, I do not value too many opinions here, and I have voiced that, no need to for me to try and make friend here.

Nice to know you have made such major accomplishments in life, you must be so proud.

Let's everybody just relax and get back to talking hockey. Enough with the name-calling. I'm just hear to talk hockey and occassionally disagree with CrazyCarl and Sharrow :lol: .We got a great game 3 coming up and I'm sure it's going to be a tough one.

Lay off Gainzo, he's a good Aussie who I have a lot of respect for. He knows his hockey just like the rest of us. He just has the unfortunate circumstance of being a Bruins fan, but you can't hold that against him. :lol:

Wow you are amazing, actually I would hope so, I do not value too many opinions here.

Nice to know you have made such major accomplishments in life, you must be so proud.

You call me the biggest jerk and joke on the board and that is your response?

Let's everybody just relax and get back to talking hockey. Enough with the name-calling. I'm just hear to talk hockey and occassionally disagree with CrazyCarl and Sharrow :lol: .We got a great game 3 coming up and I'm sure it's going to be a tough one.

Lay off Gainzo, he's a good Aussie who I have a lot of respect for. He knows his hockey just like the rest of us. He just has the unfortunate circumstance of being a Bruins fan, but you can't hold that against him. :lol:

It's pissing me off that the Stanley Cup Finals are on at the same time as the Celtics/Pistons games.

I will be working the remote pretty good tonight between NBC and ESPN.

How do you feel about tonights game? The Igloo, or whatever they call it nowadays, will be rocking.

I don't get NBC in hi-def yet. This makes me a sad panda. Heck, depending on the commentators I might watch it on the CBC.

It's pissing me off that the Stanley Cup Finals are on at the same time as the Celtics/Pistons games.

I will be working the remote pretty good tonight between NBC and ESPN.

How do you feel about tonights game? The Igloo, or whatever they call it nowadays, will be rocking.

A lot of bars have been jam-packed up here with both games being on at the same time. I went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch GM2 and the place was filled to the brim.

Tonight's game is going to be interesting. The Wings have played outstanding the last two games, but I'm fully expecting Pittsburgh to bring their A game tonight. The chances of getting 3 straight shutouts are gonna be slim to none, so I wouldn't be surprised if we have a contest that goes to the whistle or well into OT. Hockey is always the one sport where in the playoffs, no lead is safe...at all. We're up 2-0 in the series, but if Pittsburgh wins this game, they are right back in it and have all the momentum. I think this is a must-win for both teams. That said, I think Detroit is motivated and hungry and have a little bit of a chip on their shoulder by everything that's come from game 2 and aren't going to let up.

A lot has been said about the officiating in this series from both sides (Holmstrom goal waved off, punch to Franzens head, claims that obstruction is going unnoticed). The Refs tend to overcompensate in the games following the controversy when they blow calls or are perceived to, so I'm just hoping the Refs call it like they see it. I don't want the refs deciding the game.

I don't get NBC in hi-def yet. This makes me a sad panda. Heck, depending on the commentators I might watch it on the CBC.

It is amazing how much better hockey is in hi-def. It is definitely a sport that benefits from HD, probably more so than sports like basketball.

I've been flipping back and forth between VS. and CBC. I tend to favor CBC, but VS.'s coverage has progressively gotten better since last year. If anything, it means i don't have to listen to the xenophobe Don Cherry talk about how much he hate everything non-Canadian.

If the pens can score, and score first they can get back into the series, if the wings strike first, I think it can be a long night and a quick series.

I hope to God the Pistons win, not just because of my dislike of boston and gonzo, but I always had a small place in my heart for the Pistons. Vinny The Microwave Johnson is a close family friend.

Other wise I COULDN'T (for sharrow) care less, not that any of you jerks care. ;)

A lot of bars have been jam-packed up here with both games being on at the same time. I went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch GM2 and the place was filled to the brim.

Tonight's game is going to be interesting. The Wings have played outstanding the last two games, but I'm fully expecting Pittsburgh to bring their A game tonight. The chances of getting 3 straight shutouts are gonna be slim to none, so I wouldn't be surprised if we have a contest that goes to the whistle or well into OT. Hockey is always the one sport where in the playoffs, no lead is safe...at all. We're up 2-0 in the series, but if Pittsburgh wins this game, they are right back in it and have all the momentum. I think this is a must-win for both teams. That said, I think Detroit is motivated and hungry and have a little bit of a chip on their shoulder by everything that's come from game 2 and aren't going to let up.

A lot has been said about the officiating in this series from both sides (Holmstrom goal waved off, punch to Franzens head, claims that obstruction is going unnoticed). The Refs tend to overcompensate in the games following the controversy when they blow calls or are perceived to, so I'm just hoping the Refs call it like they see it. I don't want the refs deciding the game.

The Pens will score tonight. I think we all know that, but if the Wings can get the 1st goal it will mute the crowd.

The Celtics game doesn't start until 8:30 so I will be watching when the Wings/Pens game starts around 8:05/8:10.

The Pens will score tonight. I think we all know that, but if the Wings can get the 1st goal it will mute the crowd.

The Celtics game doesn't start until 8:30 so I will be watching when the Wings/Pens game starts around 8:05/8:10.

that should be a good game as well. good luck to the Celtics.

that should be a good game as well. good luck to the Celtics.

This thread has been sidetracked plenty of times already so I hope you don't mind if I ask this question:

You have said that you are moving to Mass. Whereabouts?

Archived