The Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Mavrik

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!

Who has the home ice advantage? If Detroit is home for Game 6 or 7, its over in either 6 or 7 ala Detroit.

Wings are the President's Trophy Winners, so by virtue of better record they get home ice. Games 1 and 2 in Detroit.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wings are the President's Trophy Winners, so by virtue of better record they get home ice. Games 1 and 2 in Detroit.

Beautiful. Wings in 5 or 7, depending if they can win one in Pittsburgh.

CrazyCarl and Sharrow,

Just want to say good luck in the cup finals. This is going to be one helluva Stanley Cup Finals.

Here's to a good series. :cheers:

The Penguins have struggled a lot over the last few seasons, on and off the ice. I just don't want them embarrased. I want some good, clean hockey and some close games.

The Penguins have struggled a lot over the last few seasons, on and off the ice. I just don't want them embarrased. I want some good, clean hockey and some close games.

I don't think they're going to be embarassed. This is going to be a tough series for both teams. I expect this series to go at least 6 games. As long as the refs let the players play the game and not calling 12 penalties/game, this will be fun to watch.

You can't ask for anything more than seeing Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Franzen (if he's healthy enough) going up with the likes of Crosby, Malkin, and Staal.

I don't think they're going to be embarassed. This is going to be a tough series for both teams. I expect this series to go at least 6 games. As long as the refs let the players play the game and not calling 12 penalties/game, this will be fun to watch.

You can't ask for anything more than seeing Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Franzen (if he's healthy enough) going up with the likes of Crosby, Malkin, and Staal.

I don't think they will be either, but I haven't seen much of Detroit except for the playoffs, so I don't know how good they actually are. I think it might depend a lot upon the health of some of their guys. I see this series going at least 6 as well, with the Penguins winning.

It's a terrible thing that this group of Penguins won't have a chance next year if they do not get it done this year. 12 UFAs combined with Malkin, Staal and Fleury all needing new contracts equals some new faces next year.

As long as the refs let the players play the game and not calling 12 penalties/game

I guess you have no seen many Pittsburgh Penguins games this year. Expect the crappiest calls that you will ever see against this team. The Refs will do anything in their power to help Cindy win. I don't think it'll be enough though, especially since talent wise, hands down, the Red Wings should kick the **** out of Pittsburgh

Red Wings in 5 or 6, but because of crappy refs helping out Cindy...

Red Wings in 6 or 7.

I guess you have no seen many Pittsburgh Penguins games this year. Expect the crappiest calls that you will ever see against this team. The Refs will do anything in their power to help Cindy win. I don't think it'll be enough though, especially since talent wise, hands down, the Red Wings should kick the **** out of Pittsburgh

Red Wings in 5 or 6, but because of crappy refs helping out Cindy...

Red Wings in 6 or 7.

Have yo even watched any of the games. In 5 games against the Flyers, the Flyers were called for 4 penalties for infractions against Sidney and every single one of them were warranted. If the refs really wanted to help out Crosby, they would have counted the goal that, in the end, didn't really matter anyway.

I love how people just claim the Penguins get extra calls against teams because the league wants Crosby to win. The reality is that the young Penguins are fast and talented and people clutch, grab, and hook to try and stop them. Heck, a lot of the penalties go uncalled, for both teams. Crosby was whacked in the face by Avery, Hossa took a shot, and Malkin elbowed Briere. A lot of things go unseen and uncalled, but it more often than not evens out.

Guess you hate winning teams then? When else do people jump on the bandwagon?

the entire city are bandwagon fans, thats the difference. i don't know how anyone could root for the hometown team. i actually hate pittsburgh now because of the constant rah rah rah and will be so happy to get the hell out of a city with pro sports teams. its actually ruined the joy of professional sports being here.

Have yo even watched any of the games. In 5 games against the Flyers, the Flyers were called for 4 penalties for infractions against Sidney and every single one of them were warranted. If the refs really wanted to help out Crosby, they would have counted the goal that, in the end, didn't really matter anyway.

I love how people just claim the Penguins get extra calls against teams because the league wants Crosby to win. The reality is that the young Penguins are fast and talented and people clutch, grab, and hook to try and stop them. Heck, a lot of the penalties go uncalled, for both teams. Crosby was whacked in the face by Avery, Hossa took a shot, and Malkin elbowed Briere. A lot of things go unseen and uncalled, but it more often than not evens out.

Don't even respond to him. He's delusional. He doesn't know a thing about hockey, he doesn't even have a favorite team. I bet he didn't watch a single penguins game in the regular season and he apparently hasn't watched many of their games in the playoffs either. He's just a troll here when it comes to the NHL. Its not even worth wasting your time reading his whiney crybaby posts.

the entire city are bandwagon fans, thats the difference. i don't know how anyone could root for the hometown team. i actually hate pittsburgh now because of the constant rah rah rah and will be so happy to get the hell out of a city with pro sports teams. its actually ruined the joy of professional sports being here.

Yeah, its a real shame when people have pride in their city and their sports teams.

Don't even respond to him. He's delusional. He doesn't know a thing about hockey, he doesn't even have a favorite team. I bet he didn't watch a single penguins game in the regular season and he apparently hasn't watched many of their games in the playoffs either. He's just a troll here when it comes to the NHL. Its not even worth wasting your time reading his whiney crybaby posts.

Yep. Couldn't agree with you more.

I'm going to root for the Wings but I won't be disappointed if the Pens win.

The fact that you believe I know nothing about Hockey is hilarious. Sorry I didn't jump on the Pens bandwagon like everyone else in this world did.

Can't ask for a better game than tonight. Great job by the Wings. Defense was on the mark and Ozzie continues to play well.

The call on the disallowed goal was complete garbage. Refs have been absolutely awful during these playoffs.

1 down, 3 to go.

The call on the disallowed goal was complete garbage. Refs have been absolutely awful during these playoffs.

Just saw the reply on ESPN. Awful call, just awful. At least the Red Wings came out on the winning end.

Pens were completely shut down last night=lets see how they can respond in the second game.

I don't know if that young goalie of theirs can get the job done here. Alot easier to shut down old scrubs like Jagr and Shanahan, Red Wings are a different story.

So Detroit plays two really good games at home and the Peguins play two fairly lousy games on the road. I expect thigns to change at the Igloo. Not having seen much of Detroit is really hurting the Penguins, I think. Detroit's D is suffocating the Pens right now and the Pens need a spark. That first goal will come eventually and it might ignite a flurry of them. These games would have been much worse if it wasn't for Fleury. It isn't saying much, but he has been the best Penguin on ice this series.

Detroit has had some trouble closing teams out in the playoffs and I don't see the Pens going down without a fight.

I do have to say this though, Chris Osgood is a solid goaltender and he has been very good in this series (although the Penguins have put crap for pressure on him). That say, he flops more than any goalie I've seen. The call on Malone was awful (Osgood pushed Malone and fell down) and Sykora didn't get into him that much.

Another solid job by the Wings today. Their defense has been absolutely outstanding these first two games. The Wings are giving the Penguins nothing to work with, and I hope they keep it up in Pittsburgh for GM 3.

Gary Roberts punch to Franzen's head was absolute bush league. You don't hit a guy in the head knowing full well he just got back from having post-concussion syndrome. Penguins are starting to come apart with the frustration.

Here's hoping the Wings continue the great play right into game 3.

Somewhat pleasantly shocked that Bettman's master plan of getting Cindy Louganis into the finals at all costs is so far blowing up in his ugly ass face. Figure the TV ratings utterly sucked. Way to go, Gary!

Somewhat pleasantly shocked that Bettman's master plan of getting Cindy Louganis into the finals at all costs is so far blowing up in his ugly ass face. Figure the TV ratings utterly sucked. Way to go, Gary!
Yup, buttman is a disgrace, he and his love for cindy has made the nhl a joke.

I would not be suprised if the wings sweep.

Actually I read the first game on Versus had record ratings for them.

You guys are delusional if you still think the Penguins are getting anything handed to them. If you two clowns are so concerned with diving, why haven't either of you mentioned Osgood's performance last night?

You guys are delusional if you still think the Penguins are getting anything handed to them. If you two clowns are so concerned with diving, why haven't either of you mentioned Osgood's performance last night?
That's easy, I did not watch the game.

You do know what they say about payback?

Is that as classless as the hit on Franzen?

Actually I read the first game on Versus had record ratings for them.

Beating out what-bull riding and "Man vs. Wild" reruns?

Anyone who watched the East playoffs know the game was practically fixed in favor of the Pens. They're talented, but the refs and the NHL disgracefully bent over backward to get them ahead of the Rangers. Watching Saturday I doubt the Rangers could've done much against the Wings solid defense.

I watched Saturday night. Mike Emerick is the best listen there is, but it was boring as hell, due to solid defense by the Wings. Didn't bother to watch last night.

Archived