The Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Mavrik

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Horrible game by Malkin. He needs to show up. So much for all those people that were saying he was better than Crosby. Osgood was amazing tonight.

If the Wings win the Cup, OSgood should get the MVP no doubt. He was outstanding tonight. Anyone who ever thought Malkin was better than Crosby shouldn't have really been listened to in the first place.

Man, that was a great game. Detroit made Malkin look like a bitch. :)

Go Detroit! Go ahead and get this team out of here, and make that bitch, Cindy SUFFER!

Crosby is going to suffer? Suffer what? The same fate of Gretzky? Losing in the Cup finals to a better team? Ya, that's a tough one to swallow.

Crosby is barely drinking age. This won't be his only Stanley Cup final. In the end, the experience factor is playing a huge difference in the series. And after this one, the Pens will be back and they will get another cup sooner than later.

I thought this was great.

from cnnsi.com

Splat! The octopus hit the ice of Mellon Arena to a chorus of boos just after the national anthem Saturday. But the tentacled toss didn't come from a Michigander. Zach Smith, 19, of Cleveland, an avid Red Wings fan and adrenaline junkie, hurled the slimy creature. Then he got tossed. Security guards threw him out. "You're outta here," Smith said they told him. "Come back in and you get arrested." But Smith and his two friends from metro Detroit, who asked not to be identified, had a plan. They had bought an extra ticket in anticipation of his booting. That's an extra $300 from a scalper. And Smith was wearing a regular T-shirt, instead of Red Wings gear, when he threw the octopus. Outside, he quickly threw on a Red Wings sweater and walked back into Gate 3..."I hate Pittsburgh more than anything," he said, noting the rivalry between Cleveland and Pittsburgh. "It was great. I loved the rush."

Unfortunately didn't get a chance to see the game, but from what I hear we played outstanding. 1 win away baby. C'mon boys. Hoist the cup at the Joe!

Crosby is going to suffer? Suffer what? The same fate of Gretzky? Losing in the Cup finals to a better team? Ya, that's a tough one to swallow.

Crosby is barely drinking age. This won't be his only Stanley Cup final. In the end, the experience factor is playing a huge difference in the series. And after this one, the Pens will be back and they will get another cup sooner than later.

Yeah that's what Roenick and Lindros thought, how's that working out for them? JR made it his rookie year and never got back, Lindros said he thought he'd get back after being swept, that never happaned.

There are no guarantees she will be back, and compairing her situation to Gretzky's is stupid.

We are in a cap and free agency era, it is allot harder to keep Stanley Cup contending teams together now a days.

The one thing cindy has in her favor is today there is a bitch comisioner that likes to suck on her clit.

Glad to see the Red Wings are totally destroying the penqueens!!!

Yeah that's what Roenick and Lindros thought, how's that working out for them? JR made it his rookie year and never got back, Lindros said he thought he'd get back after being swept, that never happaned.

There are no guarantees she will be back, and compairing her situation to Gretzky's is stupid.

We are in a cap and free agency era, it is allot harder to keep Stanley Cup contending teams together now a days.

The one thing cindy has in her favor is today there is a bitch comisioner that likes to suck on her clit.

Glad to see the Red Wings are totally destroying the penqueens!!!

See you had a decent post going then you had to be obscene. There is nothing that says that Bettman favors Sidney in anyway.

Also, I think the last two games are more of an indication of how closely matched the teams are than the first two. The experience factor is playing a huge role.

I thought this was great.

Unfortunately didn't get a chance to see the game, but from what I hear we played outstanding. 1 win away baby. C'mon boys. Hoist the cup at the Joe!

Both teams played really well. Osgood stole one from the Pens. Detroit lost out on the Pistons but it looks like the Wings will take it.

If that guy is from Cleveland how in the world can he be a Detroit fan? Obviously he is a bandwagoner and paying all that extra money shows he doesn't truly care about his team. (note sarcasm)

Good luck Monday, hope it comes back to the Burgh

See you had a decent post going then you had to be obscene. There is nothing that says that Bettman favors Sidney in anyway.

Also, I think the last two games are more of an indication of how closely matched the teams are than the first two. The experience factor is playing a huge role.

Bettman has made cindy the poster boy for everything, the national broadcasts the nhl gets are ruined because it is essentially the cindy show. Making it harder to attract new fans, hell it even drives away old fans. The truth hurts, I don't give a rats ass what you think, you are a biased penqueen fan and you are totally blind to what fans all over the country think. Oh and bye the way the series being 3-1 with the penqueens getting shut out twice is more of an indication that they are being out classed and out played than the score of the last 2 games being close indicates anything, the series has not been close, and may end in 5.

Bettman has made cindy the poster boy for everything, the national broadcasts the nhl gets are ruined because it is essentially the cindy show. Making it harder to attract new fans, hell it even drives away old fans. The truth hurts, I don't give a rats ass what you think, you are a biased penqueen fan and you are totally blind to what fans all over the country think. Oh and bye the way the series being 3-1 with the penqueens getting shut out twice is more of an indication that they are being out classed and out played than the score of the last 2 games being close indicates anything, the series has not been close, and may end in 5.

So you're mad because the floundering NHL is seeking a face much like after the strike in baseball the whole homerun craze took over and won back fans. You're an idiot if you don't think marketing OVechkin, Crosby and others is smart for the NHL. The NHL has screwed up so many things (and by NHL I mean Bettman) over the last few years this one of their only smart moves.

This series has been pretty close. You obviously aren't watching the games. The Peguins had their shots in Game 1 and 2 before it got out of hand. Games 3 and 4 have been great, great hockey games. It comes down to experience and the Penguins are lacking it. These two teams are very evenly matched. Even in Detroit MAF helped keep them in the games until late. The Pens became more famliarized with Detroit and their playing style, you saw them makes adjustments in games 3 & 4 and that's why they have been closer on the scoreboard.

Dallas won in D-Town down 3-1.

Where did Dallas eventually end up? Oh yeah, thats right, Detroit won that series.

Same will be said in the end of this one. Clearly there is no way Pittsburgh can win three straight against the Red Wings. They've just been owned for the majority of the series thus far.

Where did Dallas eventually end up? Oh yeah, thats right, Detroit won that series.

Same will be said in the end of this one. Clearly there is no way Pittsburgh can win three straight against the Red Wings. They've just been owned for the majority of the series thus far.

That is true enough, but if there is any team that can win three it's the Penguins. Not the way they have played thus far, but their offense can explode at any time. Iw ouldn't go as far as to say they have been "owned" but Detroit's style of play has definitely affected the Penguins negatively. I think Detroit may get this done, but I wouldn't count the Pens out yet.

If two of the final three were in Pittsburgh I'd give them a shot, but with two in Detroit I just don't see it. The Wings should finish this off Monday, but may take them seven and I can't see the Penguins young players, if it gets to a Game 7, coming on top.

So you're mad because the floundering NHL is seeking a face much like after the strike in baseball the whole homerun craze took over and won back fans. You're an idiot if you don't think marketing OVechkin, Crosby and others is smart for the NHL. The NHL has screwed up so many things (and by NHL I mean Bettman) over the last few years this one of their only smart moves.

This series has been pretty close. You obviously aren't watching the games. The Peguins had their shots in Game 1 and 2 before it got out of hand. Games 3 and 4 have been great, great hockey games. It comes down to experience and the Penguins are lacking it. These two teams are very evenly matched. Even in Detroit MAF helped keep them in the games until late. The Pens became more famliarized with Detroit and their playing style, you saw them makes adjustments in games 3 & 4 and that's why they have been closer on the scoreboard.

You don't know what you are talking about, your love for the penqueens is blurring your vision. The league ramming Cindy down every fans throat is not the answer, in fact it has ticked off more old fans than it has brought in new ones, and it is another reason the ratings for this league suck. Am I mad, nope the team I root for does not have to woory about ratings or going bankrupt, Rangers fans support their team no matter what, always. If they suck, they will not fold or think about moving, too bad you can't say the same for your team with it's fair weather fans. Once they cool down, they will be in the same trouble looking for the league to bail them out, it happens over and over with the penqueens, it's nothing new.

As for the series they are down 3-1 going back to Detroit, they were shut out twice and held to 1 goal once. It is not a close series and will probably end in 5.

You don't know what you are talking about, your love for the penqueens is blurring your vision. The league ramming Cindy down every fans throat is not the answer, in fact it has ticked off more old fans than it has brought in new ones, and it is another reason the ratings for this league suck. Am I mad, nope the team I root for does not have to woory about ratings or going bankrupt, Rangers fans support their team no matter what, always. If they suck, they will not fold or think about moving, too bad you can't say the same for your team with it's fair weather fans. Once they cool down, they will be in the same trouble looking for the league to bail them out, it happens over and over with the penqueens, it's nothing new.

As for the series they are down 3-1 going back to Detroit, they were shut out twice and held to 1 goal once. It is not a close series and will probably end in 5.

I don't know if I agree with that. Mario Lemieux brought alot of fans to the sport in the early 90's.

NHL figures it needs it's own Lebron James, a young phenom who will bring younger fans to the sport.

I don't know if I agree with that. Mario Lemieux brought alot of fans to the sport in the early 90's.

NHL figures it needs it's own Lebron James, a young phenom who will bring younger fans to the sport.

Who's talking about Mario???

First of all cindy is no Mario so you can forget that sh*t right now, and the league did not force feed you Lemieux the way they do cindy.

Mario was part of a very good era for hockey in the early 90's he was a great player and that helped attract fans.

He was never forced on you to be an ambassador, in fact he did way less to promote the sport than Gretzky.

What the league is doing with cindy is not the same thing and I have been a hockey fan for almost 40 years, the game is a shell of it's self and force feeding cindy on everybody has pissed off more fans than it attracts.

Talk hockey to people around the world, and they almost all agree that the cindy campaign has done more bad than good, he's a bitch.

Who's talking about Mario???

First of all cindy is no Mario so you can forget that sh*t right now, and the league did not force feed you Lemieux the way they do cindy.

Mario was part of a very good era for hockey in the early 90's he was a great player and that helped attract fans.

He was never forced on you to be an ambassador, in fact he did way less to promote the sport than Gretzky.

What the league is doing with cindy is not the same thing and I have been a hockey fan for almost 40 years, the game is a shell of it's self and force feeding cindy on everybody has pissed off more fans than it attracts.

Talk hockey to people around the world, and they almost all agree that the cindy campaign has done more bad than good, he's a bitch.

If it has pee'd off more fans than it attracts why are the Penguins one of the hottest road tickets and have sold out 67 straight home games and there is now a waiting list for season tickets? Get some knowledge then talk.

You're a little lost. I would never, ever leave the Orlando Magic.

I said if. I had gotten the impression from earlier in the thread that you were a fan of Shaq, not a fan of any particular team. But if you root for the Magic, good for you. Your definition of a bandwagoner is still wrong though.

If it has pee'd off more fans than it attracts why are the Penguins one of the hottest road tickets and have sold out 67 straight home games and there is now a waiting list for season tickets? Get some knowledge then talk.
Who are you kidding, how are the TV ratings? Terrible, why were the penqueens bankrupt and moving twice in their short existance. They make it the cindy so on TV, not in opposing rinks, get your head out of your ass.

Who are you kidding, how are the TV ratings? Terrible, why were the penqueens bankrupt and moving twice in their short existance. They make it the cindy so on TV, not in opposing rinks, get your head out of your ass.

Every ratings report I have read and heard has these Finals exponentially higher rated than the previous years. They aren't great but they are improving. Your last sentence doesn't even make a lick of sense, but I will retort that there are and has been a number of Western Conference teams very upset at the schedule this year because they didn't get a chance to play the Peguins and generate all that revenue. Look it up. Or do you just post based on conjecture in your made up world?

Ratings for the Stanley Cup are up over 157 percent from last year. This is why the NHL wanted a Penguins-Red Wings Stanley Cup.

Now the NHL just has to do three things

1. Fire Gary Bettman

2. Either work with VS. in pushing to have VS. more readily available to American households.

or

3. Reach an agreement to bring the sport back to ESPN. Bring back NHL 2Nite. Give John Buccigross a reason to continue working there.

Ratings for the Stanley Cup are up over 157 percent from last year. This is why the NHL wanted a Penguins-Red Wings Stanley Cup.

Now the NHL just has to do three things

1. Fire Gary Bettman

2. Either work with VS. in pushing to have VS. more readily available to American households.

or

3. Reach an agreement to bring the sport back to ESPN. Bring back NHL 2Nite. Give John Buccigross a reason to continue working there.

1. God yes.

2. Vs. blows, get rid of it all together. NBC's coverage is just as bad if not worse. I haven't seen lineups or anthems once unless I was watching the Canadian broadcast. It's terrible.

3. Bucci is the man. His columns are the best.

Can't wait for tonight. Good Luck and hopefully saying the same on Wednesday!

Every ratings report I have read and heard has these Finals exponentially higher rated than the previous years. They aren't great but they are improving. Your last sentence doesn't even make a lick of sense, but I will retort that there are and has been a number of Western Conference teams very upset at the schedule this year because they didn't get a chance to play the Peguins and generate all that revenue. Look it up. Or do you just post based on conjecture in your made up world?

The ratings are up 157% because the previous years were total busts, and yet the NHl still can't get out of the ones which makes the ratings this year better but still terrible.

Many fans can not stand how cindy is jammed down their throats, the national broadcasts have been the cindy crosby show and that has made fans all across the globe sick.

Many will not watch games on TV because of this, it's sickening.

That has nothing to do with ticket sales, stop being a mental midget, of corse fans will go to a game to see their team play the queens, they want to see their team beat and probably try to kill that bitch.

What does going to the game have to do with being subjected to the cindy biased that takes place during the broadcasts, they don't show that crap at the rink.

Maybe if you rooted for teams that play where you live and actually went to a game you would know this.

I'm sure there are probably plenty of idiot fools out there who never herd of hockey before queen cindy, and now they love her.

As for fans who can remember a much better game and class of player, having to hear about cindy this and cindy that is disgusting.

The popular opinions about cindy crosby among long time die hard hockey fans is that she is a bitch.

The fact that the league has bent over for her and made their national broadcasts into a disgusting over load of her heinous is sickening.

You look that up, it is expressed by fans on forums all over the world.

Any way the penqueens are going down in the finals, probably tonight.

Maybe they will give cindy the Conn Smythe and show what a bitch to cindy the NHL has.

We all know Ovechkin is going to burry her when it comes to hardware, the NHL can't have it's queen all trophyless.

Maybe they will give her a glass slipper, they better make sure it's skid proof, everybody knows how she likes to go down.

1. God yes.

2. Vs. blows, get rid of it all together. NBC's coverage is just as bad if not worse. I haven't seen lineups or anthems once unless I was watching the Canadian broadcast. It's terrible.

3. Bucci is the man. His columns are the best.

Can't wait for tonight. Good Luck and hopefully saying the same on Wednesday!

I've been trying to stick to CBC broadcasts as much as I can. I think Versus has done a helluva lot to try and market the sport, but in the end it's never going to have the kind of reach someone like ESPN could. I wouldn't mind hearing Gary Thorne call a game again.

Good luck to you as well. This game is going to be absolutely insane.

Blah, blah, blah. I'm a total idiot.

Lol, you are such a clown. Calling someone else a mental midget and misspelling "course" in the same sentence was classic. You don't know a thing about anything, you're completely clueless. You keep saying the same thing over and over and over again, only each time you somehow make it sound more stupid. I thought there was a limit, but your idiocy apparently has none. You still don't know what a bandwagon fan is. Hell, by your own definition, you are one yourself.

That was an amazing game. From the third period on, everyone was probably thinking why doesn't Detroit just end the game already, because it really felt like Pittsburgh really had no chance to win it, but one dumb 4 minute penalty by Detroit opened the game for Pittsburgh to end the game and go back to Pittsburgh for a game 6. Why couldn't the rest of the games be like this one, it would have made it a more exciting series.

That was an amazing game. From the third period on, everyone was probably thinking why doesn't Detroit just end the game already, because it really felt like Pittsburgh really had no chance to win it, but one dumb 4 minute penalty by Detroit opened the game for Pittsburgh to end the game and go back to Pittsburgh for a game 6. Why couldn't the rest of the games be like this one, it would have made it a more exciting series.

The games have been this close since Game 3. Just took some time to adjust for the Penguins having not played Detroit this season.

The games have been this close since Game 3. Just took some time to adjust for the Penguins having not played Detroit this season.

But that game was by far the best of the series, and probably the best of the playoffs. I love playoff hockey, especially overtime playoff hockey. Couldn't get any better then last night.

The ratings are up 157% because the previous years were total busts, and yet the NHl still can't get out of the ones which makes the ratings this year better but still terrible.

Many fans can not stand how cindy is jammed down their throats, the national broadcasts have been the cindy crosby show and that has made fans all across the globe sick.

That has nothing to do with ticket sales, stop being a mental midget, of corse fans will go to a game to see their team play the queens, they want to see their team beat and probably try to kill that bitch.

What does going to the game have to do with being subjected to the cindy biased that takes place during the broadcasts, they don't show that crap at the rink.

Maybe if you rooted for teams that play where you live and actually went to a game you would know this.

I'm sure there are probably plenty of idiot fools out there who never herd of hockey before queen cindy, and now they love her.

As for fans who can remember a much better game and class of player, having to hear about cindy this and cindy that is disgusting.

The popular opinions about cindy crosby among long time die hard hockey fans is that she is a bitch.

The fact that the league has bent over for her and made their national broadcasts into a disgusting over load of her heinous is sickening.

Maybe they will give cindy the Conn Smythe and show what a bitch to cindy the NHL has.

We all know Ovechkin is going to burry her when it comes to hardware, the NHL can't have it's queen all trophyless.

Maybe they will give her a glass slipper, they better make sure it's skid proof, everybody knows how she likes to go down.

Dude..I'm not a big fan of hockey..but you need help.

:eek:

Please Jade, do not hold back on your true feelings for Crosby. ;-)

Archived