Yankees-Sawx - 9th inning

Blackout

WANG IS NOT AN ACE

Hey, you know what, if Wang throws like that in Game Seven of the ALCS against the Red Sox in Fenway and the Yanks win, I'll say he's an Ace. Of course he'd probably be up against Beckett and not our 5th starter.

It's going to be another fun season.

Let Beckett put together 2 seasons of not being injured

The jury is still out

Game 7 in Fenway??

I think we discovered the underbelly of the Sawx last night

No pen outside Papelbondouchbag

Beckett has put together more than two seasons of not being injured. The jury is not still out, he is one of the best in the game.

Yes, we do have a bullpen outside the best closer in the game. Okajima is still money, Delcarmen is better than most of what the Yankees throw out there. Timlin just got off the DL, and you know he's better than what he showed last night. It isn't like the Yankees bullpen is worth a spit outside of Mariano and Joba. And you'll definitely need that pen in the next two games.

Papelbondouchbag

Yet another cute nickname from the nickname king.

This one is kind of weak. You peaked with Vaginatek.

I really wish the Sox had Hawkins and Farnsworth, then their pen would be a strength.

Yet another cute nickname from the nickname king.

This one is kind of weak. You peaked with Vaginatek.

I really wish the Sox had Hawkins and Farnsworth, then their pen would be a strength.

You gotta admit it is an awesome nickname.

You know, Josh Beckett gets all kinds of love because of his postseason success, but really, he hasn't been all that great in the regular season. Wang is the complete opposite. Dominant in the regular season, now more than ever, and has pitched so-so come playoff time. Hopefully come October he will pitch some lights out, postseason baseball. Because until he does so, the Yankees will not win a series. I can guarentee you that. They need Wang to win a game or two a series, that is what you need in the postseason. You need your #1, your ace, to win.

Beckett has put together more than two seasons of not being injured. The jury is not still out, he is one of the best in the game.

Yes, we do have a bullpen outside the best closer in the game. Okajima is still money, Delcarmen is better than most of what the Yankees throw out there. Timlin just got off the DL, and you know he's better than what he showed last night. It isn't like the Yankees bullpen is worth a spit outside of Mariano and Joba. And you'll definitely need that pen in the next two games.

Timlin may have been good in the past, but sure looked like sh!t last night. No guarantee he will be good or great this year.

Seeing Timlin struggle must have made Bryan Corey smile.

Archived