Mark Schlereth just picked Jets to win AFC East

nj meadowlands

I actually mentioned this months ago ... shortly following the draft

I heard M.S. doing a radio interview and it sounded like he was leaning towards the Jets to upend the Patriots in 2005 ... he was VERY HIGH on the Jets ... came as close as you can come to saying they will upend NE without actually saying it

All he did tonite was take the final step ... come right out and say it ... which doesn't surprise me because the only thing that made him hesitate months ago was Chad's injury ... he just wanted to be certain Chad would be healthy in 05 first

On Sportscenter

He said the Jets have all the tools and the Pats have lost too much to overcome

whether it happens or not at least MS has some balls. all these other guys are like clones of each other year in and year out picking favorites with little accuracy.

if pennington is healthy this team should win the east.

Schlereth is a friggn' moron, complete idiot and has absolutely no clue about the game of football.

Sound familiar? :shock:

Considering he knows nothing about football, it's pretty impressive that he was a Pro Bowl Lineman and has 3 Super Bowl rings. I'm just sayin though.

I forogt Jaworksi.

He definetly knows the most out of anybody.

And I remember they had nfl live a month or so ago, and wingo asked everybody who will dethrone the patriots atop the AL East

Jaws (emphatically): HISTORY HAS SHOWN US IT WILL BE THE NEW YORK JETS

Considering he knows nothing about football, it's pretty impressive that he was a Pro Bowl Lineman and has 3 Super Bowl rings. I'm just sayin though.

I agree Schlereth is a very good analyst, but past success means nothing. Joe Morgan is an all-time great player, but he's the sh*ttiest announcer in the history of civilization.

Joe Morgan is an all-time great player, but he's the sh*ttiest announcer in the history of civilization.

You couldn't be more wrong. Brent Musberger and Tim McCarver are the worst. I would like to kill them.

You couldn't be more wrong. Brent Musberger and Tim McCarver are the worst. I would like to kill them.

McCarver is terrible. Morgan, McCarver, Patrick, Theismann, and McGuire are in a league of their own for sh*ttiness.

However, McCarver is simply an idiot. Joe Morgan is a smug, pompous, arrogant prick that thinks of himself as God's gift to our ears.

I agree Schlereth is a very good analyst, but past success means nothing. Joe Morgan is an all-time great player, but he's the sh*ttiest announcer in the history of civilization.

I do agree with you that Morgan is totally unlistenable in the booth. Though I think Tim McCarver may actually be slightly worse than him. I can't stand that guy. Schlereth's role is different though and I think he knows his stuff pretty well. Unlike, say, Merrill Hoge who is an idiot of the highest regard.

Salisbury is awful...just downright awful. I wish Clayton would just whoop his ass with some Nerd-Fu!

Schlereth (aka Stink) is great and provides good in-depth analysis. Even when he picks against gang green his analysis is clean..unlike Dan Marino who picks against the jets just for the hell of it.

DAN MARINO IS THE DEVIL!

LL

Archived