This place has that "new car" smell...

I am cocked and ready to fire my first "Herm is a moron" bullet, Mose. Just you wait. Just you wait!

Why waste bullets? If'n I was you, I'd be poised on a scaffold somewhere with a "herm is a moron" brick. Bricks are re-usable, and a far more economic choice considering the numerous innstances of moron-i-ty, ness. :-s

Moses, I've said it before - this place reminds me of the early days of JI and Jets Haters, when you and me and Shakin and Sooth and Greenblood and Jim 325 and Charlie Brown and Lady Jet and Keydog were raising hell with the likes of reddog, the wizard, jizchomper, foxboro mike and, of course, PFSIKH and Garbanza.

Damn, that was fun. So is this.

Moses, I've said it before - this place reminds me of the early days of JI and Jets Haters, when you and me and Shakin and Sooth and Greenblood and Jim 325 and Charlie Brown and Lady Jet and Keydog were raising hell with the likes of reddog, the wizard, jizchomper, foxboro mike and, of course, PFSIKH and Garbanza.

Before things went corporate. :lol:

You forgot Deniro AKA Jets/Bosoxfan. :lol:

I'll never forget the time Shakin emailed his fraternity at -UMASS I think it was- and got those guys falling all over themselves trying to distance themselves from him. :lol:

I also will never forget the first time we visited Zip's site. Randy turned out to be a really great guy, especially after that.

And who can forget the GayRaven? :lol:

Way too early to unload all your ammo. Guy hasn't even brainfarrted in a game situation-yet. And possibly he won't get the chance. Better a babbling figurehead with no input and 2 good coordinators running things than a babbling idiot who thinks he really know what he's doing.

Hey, I was a regular at Haters too. What, no love for me?!?!

I'll never forget the time Shakin emailed his fraternity at -UMASS I think it was- and got those guys falling all over themselves trying to distance themselves from him. :lol:

Shakin had one of the greatest posts ever in message board history.

The one where he was driving by Hofstra and the Jets were practicing and he got so pissed off at all the missed tackles he jumped over the fence and started screaming at Hermy.

If anybody remembers that post, you know what I mean. =D>=D>

That was good stuff. Those were the "good 'ole days" Sometimes I truly believe that "smaller" is better. There was a camaraderie there that is similar to here. Although I think that getting to actually "know" the people you interact with via the net isn't always a good thing.

Anyway, I had you suckers fooled for a while. You all thought I was a boy.

Where did Keydog go?

Yup. I loved it. A man that stands by his convictions and honors his bets. He harrassed my friend Nancy (Dimes) and I mercilessly, but in good fun.

Simple is good.

Is that the same Nancy that tried seducing me at the draft party? I tellya, if I wasn't a good Catholic boy... :P:lol:

:roll: Man, you really are self-centered! :lol:

I don't "hook-up." Neither does Nancy.

Oh - wait! I get it!!! You're trying to make someone jealous. Who??? I know!! I know!!! Wait!! Maybe not! Which one is it? Smizzy or Max?

:roll: Man, you really are self-centered! :lol:

I don't "hook-up." Neither does Nancy.

Oh - wait! I get it!!! You're trying to make someone jealous. Who??? I know!! I know!!! Wait!! Maybe not! Which one is it? Smizzy or Max?

Why would that make me jealous? Ive seen you naked :wink:

The one where he was driving by Hofstra and the Jets were practicing and he got so pissed off at all the missed tackles he jumped over the fence and started screaming at Hermy.

Remember it? How could anyone forget a legendary moment like that?

It was the 2002 season. The Jets were like, 2-5 going into San Diego to play the red hot Chargers on a Monday Night. The Jets were having a horrible year up until that point; the defense was horrendous and porous. It was a case of deja vu; the previous season the Jets defense struggled and staggered out of the gate as well. During the offseason, many of us hoped that Herm would scrap his 'Cover Who' nonsense, and let Teddy Cottrell try to come up with something - anything- different.

But we knew we were what we were in store for as early as August when Herm would repeat ad nauseum into any microphone he possible could his theories on 'gap discipline'. Herm would punch his fist into his palm and ramble on about "clogging the lanes" and "maintaining your gap" and what not. He would just ramble on and on, as if he actually knew what the hell he was talking about. And of course, the beat writers would just nod their heads in agreement. Herm didn't talk much about tackling. Herm, being stubborn, arrogant, and daffy, learned nothing from the year before. In fact, he was convinced that, now that Jason Ferguson was back from a season long injury, and he now had Sam Garnes and Aaron Beasley-

By golly, the Cover Who was gonna spin like a top; Just let me show ya.

Long story short, the weekend before the Jets got on that plane to go play San Diego, the players were lackadaisically going through the motions (as had become par for the course during the Herm error), lolly gagging and scratching their @sses...

And I'm sure Herm was blowing his whistle, and yelling inane stuff like "know your gaps, men!" and the players were of course tuning him out.

It took a Shakin318 to climb a fence, and implore the team to "TACKLE!"

That incident turned the whole season around.

That was classic!!

Moses this place rocks. I've never locked a thread here except TomShane's NHL Forum spamming. Not a single one. There's nothing to mod here really. Everyone looks out for each other, treats each other well and behaves. This place is fun, period.

That was classic!!

Moses this place rocks. I've never locked a thread here except TomShane's NHL Forum spamming. Not a single one. There's nothing to mod here really. Everyone looks out for each other, treats each other well and behaves. This place is fun, period.

Now that is post of the day material! :)

That was classic!!

Is this a joke? Sure, it doesn't get as nasty as some other place - rival fans are actually treated fairly here - but c'mon now - this isn't exactly Mr. Rogers neighborhood; and if it were, most of us would not be here. Man, the lounge needs a reality check!

Is this a joke? Sure, it doesn't get as nasty some other place - rival fans are actually treated fairly here - but c'mon now - this isn't exactly Mr. Rogers neighborhood; and if it were, most of us would not be here. Man, the lounge needs a reality check!

NO garby...what the lounge needs is MORE song lyrics....

So we sailed up to the sun

Till we found the sea of green

And we lived beneath the waves

In our yellow submarine

Archived