The St. Louis Rams hold the Jets 2008 draft in their hands!!

JonEJet

Look I swear im not just saying this because I like the player..but it seems that the jets are locked in who they want..and Tanny has a philosophy of taking the guy they want..moving up if they need too... aka revis,harris ect.. if the player they want is out there..they will do whatever it takes to get that player within reason...

Thats just the way it seems to me.. Mcfadden hanging out with the youths in manhattan..working out with them and what not is a very cool thing to do.. and it seems that he might just make this city his new home..

Anything can happen.. but the Jets takign Matt Ryan seems very unlikely..

And he goes from having Four "baby momma's" to pay for to what Eight?

McFadden is a media nightmare - not to mention a potential JETS one...

For me, it looks like it's going to be either Long/Gholston/Ryan - and I am beginning to believe it's Goodbye Chad - Hello Matt Ryan!

Also, do not be surprised that if this whole thing, encluding the trade with the Ravens happens, we go after a vet back-up on Sunday...

MY GOD - THIS DRAFT DAY IS GOING TO BE DAMN INTERESTING!

Still glad we beat Da'Herm in the meaningless season finale??

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Why is it that every Jets fan loses all senses when it comes to the draft. The reality is that most draft picks turn out to be crap. Picking at 4/5/6/7 doesn't matter a lick. It is not about one draft spot, it is about filling your needs through the entire year, keeping players and working the free agent market.

My god, you would think that just by winning one game, picking one spot lower, it is the difference in going to the Super Bowl next year.

If that was the case, how come the Raiders are picking at #4 this year and #1 last year and the Dolphins are picking high again, and the Rams, etc, etc, etc?

How come the Patriots always pick low and always are a good team?

It IS NOT ABOUT ONE SPOT vs ANOTHER.

BZ

Here's the rub on drafting Ryan and hoping he starts, which no one said but most would hope for, we just signed a crap load of free agents to compete now. most of the fa's are up in their late 20's. Unless Ryan really is the next Joe Montana we really only have a short window to win. Yes, I agree the play it safe chad isn't going to win games, but it won't lose them either. I just keep remembering the year the ravens won with dilfer or even more recent when the steelers won with a very play it safe performance from big ben. I've always said though, don't trade a guy like chad that is the best back-up out their right now unless you get wowed with a great trade that can you help you now. A second round pick from the ravens while it would help us now and a good number of positions not sure it would help out at the QB position this year.

I have said this till I was blue in the face last night. Nobody seems to want to admit it, or they have this idiculous notion that a rookie QB is going to step in and be sufficeint from day 1. Reality is most QB's who end up starting on day fall in the ways of Tim Couch and David Carr than Ben Roethlisberger.

Here's the rub on drafting Ryan and hoping he starts, which no one said but most would hope for, we just signed a crap load of free agents to compete now. most of the fa's are up in their late 20's. Unless Ryan really is the next Joe Montana we really only have a short window to win. Yes, I agree the play it safe chad isn't going to win games, but it won't lose them either. I just keep remembering the year the ravens won with dilfer or even more recent when the steelers won with a very play it safe performance from big ben. I've always said though, don't trade a guy like chad that is the best back-up out their right now unless you get wowed with a great trade that can you help you now. A second round pick from the ravens while it would help us now and a good number of positions not sure it would help out at the QB position this year.

That is a myth. Pennington does lose games for them. At least 3 of them last year. We got shut out twice - TWICE - in 2006.

He is so awful he should be on the opposing defense's payroll.

His UPSIDE is not losing games. Not what he IS. That is his UPSIDE if things go well for him in a given game.

That is a myth. Pennington does lose games for them. At least 3 of them last year. We got shut out twice - TWICE - in 2006.

He is so awful he should be on the opposing defense's payroll.

His UPSIDE is not losing games. Not what he IS. That is his UPSIDE if things go well for him in a given game.

LOL, sad but 100% true.

As for the Chiefs, I doubt they'd go with Gholston if he's there.

It really comes down to this..

If the Rams take Dorsey, the Jets should be okay because one of the 2 ends should fall to us...

That trade last night by the Chiefs REALLY hurt us, because the Chiefs now need to replace Allen

Rams--Dorsey

Falcons--Ryan

Raiders--DMC

Chiefs--Gholston/Long

Jets--Gholston/Long

BUT

If the Rams take Chris Long, we are SCREWED...unless you really want Ryan

Rams--C. Long

Falcons--Dorsey

Raiders--DMC

Chiefs--Gholston

Jets--?? Ryan??

Still glad we beat Da'Herm in the meaningless season finale??

no!no!no! oakland holds the jets draft in their hands. should they pic dmc, we get one of the ends.if they go end then we get dmc. i really don`t see them takind dmc with the money the have invested in their back field thus far

i dont understand why the raiders would waste picking mcfadden when they already have 5 decent running backs rhodes bush fargas jordan etc... what makes them think he will be good if he goes there... they have a worse line then most college football teams and every good player who goes there does absolutely nothing, they ruined lamont jordans once bright career, randy moss warren sapp etc. i feel bad for deangelo hall.. they should just pick gholston and not ruin our draft

i dont understand why the raiders would waste picking mcfadden when they already have 5 decent running backs rhodes bush fargas jordan etc... what makes them think he will be good if he goes there... they have a worse line then most college football teams and every good player who goes there does absolutely nothing, they ruined lamont jordans once bright career, randy moss warren sapp etc. i feel bad for deangelo hall.. they should just pick gholston and not ruin our draft

I got lost at "etc"

Do you guys remember the first Gilligan's Island theme song? "Gilligan...The Skipper too... the Millionaire & his Wife... The Movie Star... AND THE REST... Here on Gilligan's Island"

It's funny because at that point in the song, they only needed to include "the Professor" and "Mary-Ann".

I just thought of that, for some reason.

:character0293:

I got lost at "etc"

Do you guys remember the first Gilligan's Island theme song? "Gilligan...The Skipper too... the Millionaire & his Wife... The Movie Star... AND THE REST... Here on Gilligan's Island"

It's funny because at that point in the song, they only needed to include "the Professor" and "Mary-Ann".

I just thought of that, for some reason.

:character0293:

Okay, where in the hell did you grow up that had a Gilligans Island song like that. Every time I ever watched it they named all of the characters with the professor and mary ann being last. They never said "and the rest".

that would have been hilairous though now that I think about it. "the mooovie star...and the rest" LOL

Okay, where in the hell did you grow up that had a Gilligans Island song like that. Every time I ever watched it they named all of the characters with the professor and mary ann being last. They never said "and the rest".

that would have been hilairous though now that I think about it. "the mooovie star...and the rest" LOL

I think they changed it after the first couple of seasons to add "the professor and Mary Anne". Probably responded to write in complaints from GreenSeed's family.

no!no!no! oakland holds the jets draft in their hands. should they pic dmc, we get one of the ends.if they go end then we get dmc. i really don`t see them takind dmc with the money the have invested in their back field thus far

You would think not but let's not forget Al Davis is : A) In love with speed B) Insane. Answer, Both of the above. :biggrin:

Actually, I remember it also.

rELOFvy81CI

Archived