The St. Louis Rams hold the Jets 2008 draft in their hands!!

JonEJet

It really comes down to this..

If the Rams take Dorsey, the Jets should be okay because one of the 2 ends should fall to us...

That trade last night by the Chiefs REALLY hurt us, because the Chiefs now need to replace Allen

Rams--Dorsey

Falcons--Ryan

Raiders--DMC

Chiefs--Gholston/Long

Jets--Gholston/Long

BUT

If the Rams take Chris Long, we are SCREWED...unless you really want Ryan

Rams--C. Long

Falcons--Dorsey

Raiders--DMC

Chiefs--Gholston

Jets--?? Ryan??

Still glad we beat Da'Herm in the meaningless season finale??

I think the Rams are gonna take Dorsey or trade down to someone who wants Ryan. If the Rams take Dorsey then Atl will either take Ryan or trade down (they are covered at RB and DE/OLB) to someone who wants Ryan.

It seems pretty clear to me that if the Jets really covet Ryan then they will have to move up to get him.

I hope they don't covet Ryan.

No matter how it pans out, the Jets are going to have a chance to select one of the two Defensive Ends, McFadden or Ryan. One of those four will be staying in New York for a while come Saturday afternoon.

No matter how it pans out, the Jets are going to have a chance to select one of the two Defensive Ends, McFadden or Ryan. One of those four will be staying in New York for a while come Saturday afternoon.

We are in accord since I think Dorsey is certainly going to either the Rams or Falcons.

I dont htink you guys got it yet... the jets are infactuated with mcfadden according to diff sources.. they want to trade with the rams because then there is zero chance mcfadden doesnt get scooped up by someone else...

Were there is smoke theres fire... and there has been plenty of smoke the last month but all of you just ignore the signs... I dont think we are drafting a DE with our sixth pick... and I dint think we are moving up to draft Matt Ryan either..

They need to replace Allen but they still need that sieve they call an offensive line. They draft a pass rusher then they won't win many more games than last year.

15 1/2 sacks and they get 4 wins.

they draft a guy who probably won't reach that amount in his rookie year and they expect to win more games? uh uh

I dont htink you guys got it yet... the jets are infactuated with mcfadden according to diff sources.. they want to trade with the rams because then there is zero chance mcfadden doesnt get scooped up by someone else...

Were there is smoke theres fire... and there has been plenty of smoke the last month but all of you just ignore the signs... I dont think we are drafting a DE with our sixth pick... and I dint think we are moving up to draft Matt Ryan either..

only smoke around here is the smoke you keep blowing ...

What will be interesting will be to see if either Oakland (which would be no surprise) or Kansas City goes out of the "Top 6 guys" relm and picks a guy who isn't in Radio City Music Hall, such as Sedrick Ellis, a player both teams could use, or Ryan Clady, a Left Tackle the Chiefs desperately need that won't be there at 17.

Would be very interesting to see what the Jets would do if there were no clear cut "Top 6" player there at 6 and it as between McFadden and one or both of the Defensive Ends.

If you think the Chiefs are taking anything BUT a DE at 5, you are nuts

Um, why? Because they traded Jared Allen? So what? The Chiefs have shown the most interest in DERRICK HARVEY, and its been rumored a few times that they could reach on him and snatch him up at 5, even with the trade of Allen, because they fear he might not land to 17. That still would set up the strange prediciment of who the Jets would decide on at 6, or they could bank on Harvey to fall to 17 and pick Cladly. Either way, it puts the Jets in a pickle.

only smoke around here is the smoke you keep blowing ...

We are all not taking into affect the fact that we could trade out of our pick, move down a few spots, and not worry about this whole problem.

By trading down, we could get a cb or another need...or maybe mendenhall. No need to take a big cap hit on a player we really don't "need".

Look I swear im not just saying this because I like the player..but it seems that the jets are locked in who they want..and Tanny has a philosophy of taking the guy they want..moving up if they need too... aka revis,harris ect.. if the player they want is out there..they will do whatever it takes to get that player within reason...

Thats just the way it seems to me.. Mcfadden hanging out with the youths in manhattan..working out with them and what not is a very cool thing to do.. and it seems that he might just make this city his new home..

Anything can happen.. but the Jets takign Matt Ryan seems very unlikely..

Um, why? Because they traded Jared Allen? So what? The Chiefs have shown the most interest in DERRICK HARVEY, and its been rumored a few times that they could reach on him and snatch him up at 5, even with the trade of Allen, because they fear he might not land to 17. That still would set up the strange prediciment of who the Jets would decide on at 6, or they could bank on Harvey to fall to 17 and pick Cladly. Either way, it puts the Jets in a pickle.

Were have you been???? Clady has been dropping..and albert is the next o-lineman to go.. after jake long..

uh you're nuts. a pass rusher is not the chiefs biggest need. even with Allen gone.

They won 4 games with allen, now you think they are gonna draft a rookie at the same position and they will win more games, sir you are the one who is certifiably crazy

That is exactly what I'm trying to say,...The Jets will be in a pickle

No way the Chiefs go Harvey...huge reach

Trading down for the Jets would be ideal....and maybe, jut maybe that's why they are acting as if they want Ryan

If Ryan falls to us at 6, we would be in pretty good shape to trade down

NEVERTHELESS....no C. Long or Gholston..Not a big fan oh Gholston, but you can see why the Jets would draft him

uh you're nuts. a pass rusher is not the chiefs biggest need. even with Allen gone.

They won 4 games with allen, now you think they are gonna draft a rookie at the same position and they will win more games, sir you are the one who is certifiably crazy

Dude, get with the program

The reason the Chiefs made the trade is because they know they can get an OLineman at 17, and taking one at 5 would have been a reach

Yeah, I'd have to agree with this. While anything is possible, the dropoff at DE is pretty sharp after Long/Gholston. They hold the #17 pick now (or whatever the Vikings' pick was) and a stud OT will still be there for them in that spot. This draft is too deep at OT to take a Ryan Clady or Branden Albert at #5.

No....It more than likely will be Ryan

Unfortunately I think you are correct. I would feel a heck of a lot better if we then trade Chad to the Ravens for their 2nd rounder. I am not a chad hater or supporter, but to be honest he has played in the system and we would be better at QB this year with him and Clemens rather then Ryan and Clemens.

Unfortunately I think you are correct. I would feel a heck of a lot better if we then trade Chad to the Ravens for their 2nd rounder. I am not a chad hater or supporter, but to be honest he has played in the system and we would be better at QB this year with him and Clemens rather then Ryan and Clemens.

Pennington has to get off the team. He doesn't have a killer instinct on the field and it is infective. On the sideline or in practice as well. Basically, we're still trying to get rid of Paul Hackett.

Pennington has to get off the team. He doesn't have a killer instinct on the field and it is infective. On the sideline or in practice as well. Basically, we're still trying to get rid of Paul Hackett.

That's a ridiculous statement

He doesn't have a killer instinct? C'mon, Chad is one of the best teamates a guy can have, and he surely is a firey type guy

That's a ridiculous statement

He doesn't have a killer instinct? C'mon, Chad is one of the best teamates a guy can have, and he surely is a firey type guy

I'm referring to his play-it-safe, play-it-safe, play-it-safe game. Not how nice of a guy he is or how much he supported Clemens even after his demotion.

Here's the rub on drafting Ryan and hoping he starts, which no one said but most would hope for, we just signed a crap load of free agents to compete now. most of the fa's are up in their late 20's. Unless Ryan really is the next Joe Montana we really only have a short window to win. Yes, I agree the play it safe chad isn't going to win games, but it won't lose them either. I just keep remembering the year the ravens won with dilfer or even more recent when the steelers won with a very play it safe performance from big ben. I've always said though, don't trade a guy like chad that is the best back-up out their right now unless you get wowed with a great trade that can you help you now. A second round pick from the ravens while it would help us now and a good number of positions not sure it would help out at the QB position this year.

Archived