If Baker leaves.....

NY JET 29

I wouldn't be stunned if he were traded on draft day, but I would be surprised.

I suspect he will be a Jet this year. They will give him the great lie "We will redo your contract in the next off season".

Then next year trade the big mouth

I think Baker is better than Shockey. Baker will be back for sure. Hell kick and scream and they'll tell him if he has a great season then they'll hook it up. He'll be back. He ain't Cedric...

He just signed a new deal in November. How can we even offer him a new one again after this season?

If he leaves? Where the **** is he going to go, the unemployment line?

The Bengals are prepared to let Chad Johnson sit. Follow their lead and let him sit the season out. I think a player has a right to renegotiate if they out preform their contract, but not when the ink from that last contract isn't even dry yet. He also hasn't earned anything, either play out another year then ask for a new deal, or sit out the next 2 years with Chad.

He just signed a new deal in November. How can we even offer him a new one again after this season?

SEE BELOW

I suspect he will be a Jet this year. They will give him the great lie "We will redo your contract in the next off season".

Then next year trade the big mouth

or if he has a kick ass season give him a long term contract. He obviously wants to be a Jet for a long time.

Does anybody know the terms of that new deal? Is it possible that is part of the moving '08 money to '07 that gave us all that cap space? If that's the case then he might have a point looking for more money, but IMO the guy is the epitome of a JAG.

Archived