Do you fear the Buffalo Bills?

GIJet

According to the experts, the Bills seem to be a "Sleeping Giant" and ready to "step up to the next level" every pre-season for about the past 10 years. Every year we hear that the Bills are going to be a the next up and coming team and contend for a division title, but EVERY YEAR they do the same bottom to middle of the pack act of 6-10 to MAYBE 8-8 because they are typically inept at QB, not well coached on game days, and have a defense that just can't get it together.

Whatever.

The experts say that they are a sleeping giant... Can they dethrone the Patriots?

I think James Hardy will be the best player to come out of this draft... I was really high on him.... He and Evans will be lethal...

I only fear them once a year. We usually split with them and I don't think their QB situation is all that good.

BZ

Bills fans? I didn't know Boom Boom was a Bills fan. The only Bills fan I'm aware of on this board is Sweet Lee and he's been nothing but rational and I don't think he even posted in this one.

No I mean here IN Buffalo. That's where ma hood be at.

Despite the obvious differences in play style, seems to me the Bills are a very similar team to the Jets right now and we ought to be worried about them taking #2 in the division.

Consider, ignoring the draft for now,

Both have QB issues

Both should have quality running games (perhaps slight advantage Bills because Lynch is a monster)

Both should have a solid offensive line

Both should struggle in the passing game (the Jets should have less trouble here because they have more proven quality targets)

The Jets clearly have the advantage at TE & FB with Franks, Baker and Richardson

Again, excluding the draft, both should have a good LB corps (Harris, Pace - Poz, Mitchell, Crowell)

Both added a solid big, fat guy on the D-line (Jenkins, Stroud)

Both have some issues at secondary (The Jets are solid at S and #1 CB but have issues at #2, for the Bills McGee is OK but they will need McKelvin to step up)

Despite the obvious differences in play style, seems to me the Bills are a very similar team to the Jets right now and we ought to be worried about them taking #2 in the division.

Consider, ignoring the draft for now,

Both have QB issues

Both should have quality running games (perhaps slight advantage Bills because Lynch is a monster)

Both should have a solid offensive line

Both should struggle in the passing game (the Jets should have less trouble here because they have more proven quality targets)

The Jets clearly have the advantage at TE & FB with Franks, Baker and Richardson

Again, excluding the draft, both should have a good LB corps (Harris, Pace - Poz, Mitchell, Crowell)

Both added a solid big, fat guy on the D-line (Jenkins, Stroud)

Both have some issues at secondary (The Jets are solid at S and #1 CB but have issues at #2, for the Bills McGee is OK but they will need McKelvin to step up)

Only one of the made a playoff challenge last season though despite the fact that they were absolutely desolated with injury. Right now the advantage is with Buffalo until we've proven that we can get the most out of our talented roster. The Bills may not have a great QB but at least they are decided at that position.

Every year everyone starts saying the Bills look tough and that they might sneak up and make some noise. But then every year by the end of the season they always end up not making the playoffs and being mediocre. Until they actually do it, I will not predict them to me better than 7-9/8-8.

Every year everyone starts saying the Bills look tough and that they might sneak up and make some noise. But then every year by the end of the season they always end up not making the playoffs and being mediocre. Until they actually do it, I will not predict them to me better than 7-9/8-8.

Who cares what their overall record is next year if they sweep us again.

They had a good draft and between Edwards and JP Losman they're going get a good starter at QB between the two of them.

Who cares what their overall record is next year if they sweep us again.

They had a good draft and between Edwards and JP Losman they're going get a good starter at QB between the two of them.

Only if they choose to go with Losman, which they won't. Trent Edwards and all of his 90lbs is a game manager and thats it. Anyone can hand the ball to Marshawn Lynch and throw a couple of short passes 15 times and look good with the Offensive Line the Bills have. Losman is the best Quarterback but Edwards is the better game manager and right now they feel a game manager is their best bet to win but with their linebacking core questionable and secondary in the shape that its in, I don't agree with them.

Archived