For those on the WAITNG LIST.

JETSFAN5180

I surrendered 4 season tickets and a parking pass for the 2008 season.Ridicule me call me what you will I dont care.I waited 9 years for tickets.I had them for 14 years.The preseason games cost $650 I dont use them.I cannot attend every home game selling them was not an option the takers were few.

The bill on my counter was $3204.00. I have chosen to not be a part of the Woody Johnson get rich quick scheme.I love the NYJETS I bleed NYJETS green.I will have house parties and attend games and buy tickets on StubHub.com.ITS OVER.

Go JETS!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I surrendered 4 season tickets and a parking pass for the 2008 season.Ridicule me call me what you will I dont care.I waited 9 years for tickets.I had them for 14 years.The preseason games cost $650 I dont use them.I cannot attend every home game selling them was not an option the takers were few.

The bill on my counter was $3204.00. I have chosen to not be a part of the Woody Johnson get rich quick scheme.I love the NYJETS I bleed NYJETS green.I will have house parties and attend games and buy tickets on StubHub.com.ITS OVER.

Go JETS!

You'll get no grief from me, and next year, I'll probably be joining you.

Go JETS!

its a shame that you wait all that time for tickets and you mostly got sh!tty football.

Im not ready to give mine up yet... I will wait until Im forced out, in 2 years.

I wasnt forced out by the play of my team.I was there 1-15.Win or lose. I was forced out by the cost of the tickets and not having the option to deny pre-season tickets and the $25.00 parking fee.

I was forced out by the unwillingness to upgrade my tickets while the NYJETS sold tickets in pairs last season when the stadium was empty.I was forced out by ticket brokers having better seats than mine.

You don't pay for the quality of entertainment, only the ability to go to it.

Examples: Movies, theater, concerts.

If the only thing that matters to you after going to games all year long is how many games are won and lost I would suggest you are missing some of the fun of a fan of a sports team.

While the Jets didn't win a lot of games last year, they were competitive and provided good entertainment.

BZ

Ignore BZ, he is wrong on this 5180 and you will get no grief from the season ticket holders such as myself, 4HCrew, Can't Hackett, etc. when in two years we'll be forced out ourselves. I'm lucky I can go to all the games and that I can find people to go to games still and actually pay the prices, but I'm sure in two years there will only be left the mega-rich Jet fan and the suits.

Yes it was great entertainment being surrounded by opposing teams fans, watching repeated 4th quarter collapses and mistakes. The game day experience is great only due to the friendships made along the way. The environment in the stadium the last half of the year was embarassing at best.

Ignore BZ, he is wrong on this 5180 and you will get no grief from the season ticket holders such as myself, 4HCrew, Can't Hackett, etc. when in two years we'll be forced out ourselves. I'm lucky I can go to all the games and that I can find people to go to games still and actually pay the prices, but I'm sure in two years there will only be left the mega-rich Jet fan and the suits.

In two/four/six/eight years there will still be a huge Jets fan base, a lot of people who like to go to the game, a greater amount who watch them at home and the same level of whining going on about every aspect of being a Jets fan from the color the uniforms to the owners choice in toothpaste.

BZ

Yes it was great entertainment being surrounded by opposing teams fans, watching repeated 4th quarter collapses and mistakes. The game day experience is great only due to the friendships made along the way. The environment in the stadium the last half of the year was embarassing at best.

Wait... I thought the stadium was filled with "loyal true hard working season ticket holders" who are all going to be pushed out by the "cell phone carrying suits".

Where were all those fans last year? There sure weren't sitting in my section.

BZ

I for one think the season ticket holder base is a joke and have always said that. In the future Jets games will become like Knicks games used to be..an event and happening. New stadium, trendy thing to attend etc. The stadium will alway be sold out just due to the market it is in but this fan base will never be confused with those of the Packers, Chiefs and the rest.

I gave up my Mezzanine seats and willl now be sitting in the lower level end zone. My friend who took the other pair finally packed it in this year and I couldn't take a chance on getting stuck with the tix. While it won't break me, I have also had enough of getting screwed out of $500 for useless pre-season games when most of the guys on the field will be working at the car wash a week later.

And BZ, if you don't think that wins and losses matter, you are delusional. I have had my tickets for 24 years and have seen maybe 4 or 5 home playoff games. I deserve more for all of the money I have poured into this team over the years. If you are happy with that, then you are Woody's perfect foil; fork over your cash and ask no questions.

Wait... I thought the stadium was filled with "loyal true hard working season ticket holders" who are all going to be pushed out by the "cell phone carrying suits".

BZ

No, thats just how you like to spin things.

I said that there are most fans thare are loyal, hard working season ticket holders now. Yes there are people who leave early due to traffic or weather or whatever there reason may be. However, you think that the suits and the new stadium will keep the real fans in and the stadium will be louder? Thats probably the most wrong thing I've ever seen typed on this board.

You don't like half empty stadium when the team sucks? Well wait for 2010 and beyond when its 3/4th's or more empty. Don't like that in December there are 20,000 people there when the team is 3-12? Wait for 2010 and beoynd when its 5,000-10,000 people there max. Don't like people leaving early due to rain or traffic? What about when the suits have a meeting or don't want to get their Armani crap ruined? What then?

Give me a break.

The stadium will be losing the majority of its diehard fans and the seats will not be as full after September games.

I gave up my Mezzanine seats and willl now be sitting in the lower level end zone. My friend who took the other pair finally packed it in this year and I couldn't take a chance on getting stuck with the tix. While it won't break me, I have also had enough of getting screwed out of $500 for useless pre-season games when most of the guys on the field will be working at the car wash a week later.

And BZ, if you don't think that wins and losses matter, you are delusional. I have had my tickets for 24 years and have seen maybe 4 or 5 home playoff games. I deserve more for all of the money I have poured into this team over the years. If you are happy with that, then you are Woody's perfect foil; fork over your cash and ask no questions.

Why do you think an entertainment company owes you anything?

Does Sony owe me a good movie because I have poured thousands of dollars into their company over the years/

Does HBO owe me a good show because I have been a subscriber for 14 years?

Does RCA owe me a good album because I own over 500 CDs?

It just doesn't make sense. It entertainment. It is a ticket to watch something. The only thing they owe you is a good game experience during the actual game (cleanliness, etc).

You aren't buying wins, your buying the chance to see live entertainment.

Just because we are fans of the team and take this all very personally, doesn't change the basic economics of it. It is entertainment. Prices will go up to meet demand and you don't pay for the value of the games, just like you don't pay less to see a crappy movie or play. All tickets at AMC at 42nd street are $11.75.

BZ

Yes BZ, those things that you pour money into owe you something good because if it isn't good you arn't going to pay. If things are horrible, you're not going to pay for the seats, or channel or whatever. The team will lose money if it turns into the Arizona Cardinals. They will not sell out if they are that bad. HBO does owe you good moives and SONY does owe you top of the line products to keep you as a customer.

You look at things in a way I would hope and sort of know most do not.

Yes BZ, those things that you pour money into owe you something good because if it isn't good you arn't going to pay. If things are horrible, you're not going to pay for the seats, or channel or whatever. The team will lose money if it turns into the Arizona Cardinals. They will not sell out if they are that bad. HBO does owe you good moives and SONY does owe you top of the line products to keep you as a customer.

You look at things in a way I would hope and sort of know most do not.

So why are movie prices all the same if some suck and others are Academy Award winning?

Why are all Broadway plays $100+ when some are complete garbage?

You might want to consider that it is just a ticket and the only thing you buy with the ticket it the right to watch the game, not the right to have the outcome be in your favor.

That is why they play. Otherwise, we would just have fans auction, the team that could raise the most money from the fans would win the Super Bowl.

BZ

More often than not, $100 Broadway plays will be good ones. Sure there are flops, but there are more flops that don't make it to the big stage or are cheaper to attend.

Movie prices are the way they are because movies are movies. Anyone can make a movie and put it out there and someone will find something postive about it to play it.

If thats the case, then shouldn't all NFL teams charge the exact amount to attend a game? I mean, it could be anything.

Why do you think an entertainment company owes you anything?

Does Sony owe me a good movie because I have poured thousands of dollars into their company over the years/

Does HBO owe me a good show because I have been a subscriber for 14 years?

Does RCA owe me a good album because I own over 500 CDs?

It just doesn't make sense. It entertainment. It is a ticket to watch something. The only thing they owe you is a good game experience during the actual game (cleanliness, etc).

You aren't buying wins, your buying the chance to see live entertainment.

Just because we are fans of the team and take this all very personally, doesn't change the basic economics of it. It is entertainment. Prices will go up to meet demand and you don't pay for the value of the games, just like you don't pay less to see a crappy movie or play. All tickets at AMC at 42nd street are $11.75.

BZ

If Sony comes up with consistently crappy movies then people stop going and eventually they go out of business. The same with RCA and HBO. I enjoy going to the games ansd I have no problem travelling to the games as you do, however Woody is consistently squeezing the fans through constant ticket and parking increases. As with any product, the question is value and the Jets do not provide good value for the money thay are charging. Is paying full price for two useless pre-season games that 75% of ticketholders do not attend, providing value? No, it is a rip-off that we have to take because if you don't buy the tickets, then you are not allowed to buy tickets to real games, with real players. The difference with the a sports tream as opposed to any other form of entertainment is the loyalty factor. I will buy something that I want because it is of the highest quality or gives me the greatest value. With the Jets, I have no choice as I can root for no other team because the Jets are my team. For pure entertainment value, especially over the past 7 or 8 years, the Jets, for the most part, have not provided fair value for the cost of a ticket. That may be fine with you, but it is not fine with me. For most of the years that I have had tickets, I never felt like I was getting screwed over, however now I do because of the constant increases with nothing in return.

More often than not, $100 Broadway plays will be good ones. Sure there are flops, but there are more flops that don't make it to the big stage or are cheaper to attend.

Movie prices are the way they are because movies are movies. Anyone can make a movie and put it out there and someone will find something postive about it to play it.

If thats the case, then shouldn't all NFL teams charge the exact amount to attend a game? I mean, it could be anything.

Yeah and that is just like games.

You buy a ticket to see the game and some will like the outcome, some will enjoy the game and others will be pissed that they lost.

Your rights as someone who buys the tickets is just to watch.

Take the Browns game last year. That was a great game. Close to the end, in the pouring rain, I had a great time.

Sure, I was pissed we lost, but I went with my Brother in law and his girlfriend, we had a good tailgate at 16H, drank and ate well and really enjoyed watching the game.

I got what I paid for, the right to watch the game, the memories, the experience. Not the win.

BZ

If Sony comes up with consistently crappy movies then people stop going and eventually they go out of business. The same with RCA and HBO. I enjoy going to the games ansd I have no problem travelling to the games as you do, however Woody is consistently squeezing the fans through constant ticket and parking increases. As with any product, the question is value and the Jets do not provide good value for the money thay are charging. Is paying full price for two useless pre-season games that 75% of ticketholders do not attend, providing value? No, it is a rip-off that we have to take because if you don't buy the tickets, then you are not allowed to buy tickets to real games, with real players. The difference with the a sports tream as opposed to any other form of entertainment is the loyalty factor. I will buy something that I want because it is of the highest quality or gives me the greatest value. With the Jets, I have no choice as I can root for no other team because the Jets are my team. For pure entertainment value, especially over the past 7 or 8 years, the Jets, for the most part, have not provided fair value for the cost of a ticket. That may be fine with you, but it is not fine with me. For most of the years that I have had tickets, I never felt like I was getting screwed over, however now I do because of the constant increases with nothing in return.

Don't all teams make you pay for pre-season? Or at least half?

I agree that if the product suffers year and year, people would leave in huge amounts. But two years ago we went to the playoffs, as we did two years before that and two years before that.

To say that every season is a disaster if we don't go to the Super Bowl is short sighted. Do the Pats fans who watched 8 winning games as part of a 16-0 season last year feel robbed because their team didn't win the Super Bowl?

BZ

Don't all teams make you pay for pre-season? Or at least half?

I agree that if the product suffers year and year, people would leave in huge amounts. But two years ago we went to the playoffs, as we did two years before that and two years before that.

To say that every season is a disaster if we don't go to the Super Bowl is short sighted. Do the Pats fans who watched 8 winning games as part of a 16-0 season last year feel robbed because their team didn't win the Super Bowl?

BZ

All teams make you pay for the pre-season.

Why? If they didn't, noone would want to play them in the pre-season. In the pre-season, the teams make revenue off the gate. The Jets didn't require the purchase of them for the longest time, and noone wanted to play the jets in the preseason because of it.

Why? If they didn't, noone would want to play them in the pre-season. In the pre-season, the teams make revenue off the gate. The Jets didn't require the purchase of them for the longest time, and noone wanted to play the jets in the preseason because of it.

So why is the running line around here "Woody is screwing us" if in fact it is every team?

BZ

So why is the running line around here "Woody is screwing us" if in fact it is every team?

BZ

Because most people don't think logically... Something not being the way you want it to be doesn't always mean you're getting screwed. However, in this part of the country, everyone thinks they're being screwed all the time.

...and that just proves the point, it raises revenue. Eff the loyal fans, we will give you garbage so that we can raise revenue for the priviliege of watching scrubs play a scrimmage. I've used the analogy before that if you walk into Ruth's Chris and ask for a full priced steak but get hamburger, would you be happy with the response that "this is our pre-season steak"? I think not.

BZ

BZ -- Woody isn't screwing us about the Pre-Season games. That one is the work of "the man". Please try to keep these straight going forward.

:-P

...and that just proves the point, it raises revenue. Eff the loyal fans, we will give you garbage so that we can raise revenue for the priviliege of watching scrubs play a scrimmage. I've used the analogy before that if you walk into Ruth's Chris and ask for a full priced steak but get hamburger, would you be happy with the response that "this is our pre-season steak"? I think not.

It depends on how much the beer costs.

Because most people don't think logically... Something not being the way you want it to be doesn't always mean you're getting screwed. However, in this part of the country, everyone thinks they're being screwed all the time.

So sticking to your logical mode of thought, if every owner is screwing their fans, that makes everything OK?

Guys I didnt give up the tickets because of the NYJETS winning percentage or playoff appearances.I gave them up because they werent feasable anymore in my situation.I had 4 uppers with parking total $3204.00.

Friends that went loyally week after week have other financial obligations wedding and child on the way.I could have easily paid the fee and remained a seson ticket holder no problems financially whatsoever.Year after year I sold a few games to friends for face value.I even considered donating the preseason games to United Way and use it as a tax write off.

I have asked for a seating upgrade for years and the NYJETS ignored my request always having an excuse or a reason.The NYJETS put tickets 4 sale last year in the lower level why werent these seats offered to loyal season ticket holders who wanted upgrades.Why do ticket brokers have better seats than loyal season ticket holders.

The $650 preseason scam is a joke.Reduce the prices or figure out another solution to not rip off the season ticket holders.I will still be in attendance as I plan on buying a few games on StubHub.com getting way better seats than I had with no contractural obligation or indebtness to Woody Johnson.

Giving up my tickets will probably be a decison I will regret,oh well I made it all on me.

So sticking to your logical mode of thought, if every owner is screwing their fans, that makes everything OK?

Not true. Aec4 believes that the fans are getting screwed far worse by corners that can't cover crossing routes. And by reporters that use the word zip. :bag:

BZ

That is so true. I will never forget how embarrased I was for myself & all JET fans when the Steelers came out to a huge ovation & a sea of terrible towels. I was in complete shock.

That is so true. I will never forget how embarrased I was for myself & all JET fans when the Steelers came out to a huge ovation & a sea of terrible towels. I was in complete shock.

Dude, that was the single worst moment of my season ticket tenure. Those damn towels were everywhere. The Steelers had equal support at our building. Totally pathetic.

At least we rained on their parade and won the game.

Dude, that was the single worst moment of my season ticket tenure. Those damn towels were everywhere. The Steelers had equal support at our building. Totally pathetic.

At least we rained on their parade and won the game.

This will be a common occurence as the Tri-State area is loaded with fan base from all over.NYJETS season ticket holders are being priced out of the stadium.The NYJETS provide brokers with tickets and the 2 parties make a killing.The seats are way better than the season ticket holder owns.I was shunned for an upgrade for 14 years.

Archived