The Media (NBA Finals)

Gainzo

I know this isn't Kobe's fault but the amount of articles on espn.com, si.com, foxsports.com, etc is disgusting.

ESPN TV has been even worse with Rome, Around the Horn, PTI, Stephen A Smith, Scoop Jackson and the rest.

You would think Kobe was the only person playing in the Series the way that the media has been fondling his balls.

For non Laker or Celtics fans: What are you thoughts on the Kobe love coming from the media?

I'm obviously a Celtics fan so I need some non biased input.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I felt the same way when the Pats were going for the "Pursuit for Perfection" garbage.....

I was going to mention that. Now I know how you guys feel.

The media creates the fan hatred. I have nothing against Kobe but I find myself not liking the guy. Thats not right.

I was going to mention that. Now I know how you guys feel.

The media creates the fan hatred. I have nothing against Kobe but I find myself not liking the guy. Thats not right.

I don't know if the "media" creates fan hatred, because I hate the Pats before that LOL. I don't like Kobe either, I mean he's a great player, most likely HOF, he's just a douche and a crybaby....I'm rooting for KG and Allen, but It'll be tough LA has a squad.

I don't know if the "media" creates fan hatred

They may not create it but they certainly stir the pot. The man love for Kobe is making me sick.

The other thing that is ticking me off is the lack of respect for Paul Pierce. He is the Celtics Captain for fark sake. He also happens to be from Inglewood, CA and grew up a huge Lakers fan. I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped 30+ points on the Lakers when the series moves to the Staples Center.

This is a little off-topic, but the North Station area (I work accross the street from the Boston Garden) is a circus area right now. There are camera crews, tents and trucks from EVERYWHERE. They have set-up staging and these modular homes for the press outside. The park area by the Zakim Bridge is a carnival of - I donlt even know what they are - plastic statues of nets and basketballs and - I 'dunno. There are FINALS etching on the sidewalks - Celts poster-flags on every light pole. It's hard to walk around without bumping into someone coming in or out of tent with a press pass. It's crazy....never seen anything like it.

This is a little off-topic, but the North Station area (I work accross the street from the Boston Garden) is a circus area right now. There are camera crews, tents and trucks from EVERYWHERE. They have set-up staging and these modular homes for the press outside. The park area by the Zakim Bridge is a carnival of - I donlt even know what they are - plastic statues of nets and basketballs and - I 'dunno. There are FINALS etching on the sidewalks - Celts poster-flags on every light pole. It's hard to walk around without bumping into someone coming in or out of tent with a press pass. It's crazy....never seen anything like it.

I believe it. Since they knocked down the Central Artery the open space is prime for the networks to camp out.

I believe ESPN is there as they had a camera panning the Garden from that spot.

What did Kobe "go through?"

Are you serious? Everyone criticized him saying he can't win with Shaq. Kobe had the worst summer of his life, hes not even suppose to be on the Lakers right now. He went through so much stuff and hes going to keep his critics shut!

JUST LEAVE KOBE ALONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO YOU! :(

He more than deserves it, he is the best palyer in the NBA.

Do you Laker fans forget that he went on national radio (his buddy Stephen A. Smith's show) demanding a trade before the season started?

Paul Pierce wanted a trade after last season but he never went on the radio to say it. Pierce kept that to himself.

The Celtics have pretty much sucked for a long time and Pierce handled the situation with management, not through the media. Kobe had a few years without winning a Championship and he acted like a bitch.

Kobe doesn't deserve anything. He needs to earn it.

Do you Laker fans forget that he went on national radio (his buddy Stephen A. Smith's show) demanding a trade before the season started?

Paul Pierce wanted a trade after last season but he never went on the radio to say it. Pierce kept that to himself.

The Celtics have pretty much sucked for a long time and Pierce handled the situation with management, not through the media. Kobe had a few years without winning a Championship and he acted like a bitch.

kobe isnt a clown like pp

pp is clown that talks **** when he cant back up

pp aint a real winner cuz if he wanted to win he would of called out tha FO

pp is a bum he cant even get them cats from boston to tha playoffs

thats patheic kobe got a team with KWAME BROWN to tha playoffs in tha west

pp is a joke and neva gonna be remmebed in 10 years

pp think hes good tha only thing hes good at is givin ray ray head

pp is a nobody

kobe is a legend

yall celtic players and fans gotta big head

yall bout to be put in yo place with tha pats***

nuff said

kobe isnt a clown like pp

pp is clown that talks **** when he cant back up

pp aint a real winner cuz if he wanted to win he would of called out tha FO

pp is a bum he cant even get them cats from boston to tha playoffs

thats patheic kobe got a team with KWAME BROWN to tha playoffs in tha west

pp is a joke and neva gonna be remmebed in 10 years

pp think hes good tha only thing hes good at is givin ray ray head

pp is a nobody

kobe is a legend

yall celtic players and fans gotta big head

yall bout to be put in yo place with tha pats***

nuff said

I expected that. Very predictable response kobe.

You have to admit that The Truth has had some of his best games against the Lakers in LA.

What do the Pats have to do with anything?

I expected that. Very predictable response kobe.

You have to admit that The Truth has had some of his best games against the Lakers in LA.

What do the Pats have to do with anything?

yea but yall aint played us with gasol

we ready fo yall

we beat utah in 6 and sa in 5

yall went to 7 games vs tha hawks and cavs

lmao

The Organization did nothing to get the team better. What do you expect? He's a complete winner. Missing the playoffs and two 1st round losses doesn't sound like a team Kobe should be on.

After all that said, Kobe still camp to training camp and participated like absolutely nothing ever happened.

This is the beginning of a dynasty, mark my words.

Are you serious? Kobe is better than Paul and Ray put together.

You stated that the Lakers bench is better than the Celtics bench. When I questioned that you said Kobe was better then Pierce and Allen combined.

WTF???

I will ask the question again: How is the Lakers bench better than the Celtics bench?

You stated that the Lakers bench is better than the Celtics bench. When I questioned that you said Kobe was better then Pierce and Allen combined.

WTF???

I will ask the question again: How is the Lakers bench better than the Celtics bench?

This series isn't about who has the better bench. It's a very star-centric series.

The key to the Lakers winning is Pau Gasol, Gasol has to come up big in this series and I think he will. Playing with Kobe has done wonders for him.

Kobe is still Kobe, hate to break it to you Gainzo but at this point he is better than Pierce and Allen combined. Allen is shell of his old self while Kobe has elevated his game to new heights.

The key to the series for the Celtics is KG. KG has to have a phenomenal series for the Celtics to win.

Think the Lakers will win the series but I'm rooting for your Celtics b/c I like KG.

WTF???

Glen Davis ? Sam Cassell ?

Are you kidding me right now ? :rl:

This series isn't about who has the better bench. It's a very star-centric series.

The key to the Lakers winning is Pau Gasol, Gasol has to come up big in this series and I think he will. Playing with Kobe has done wonders for him.

Kobe is still Kobe, hate to break it to you Gainzo but at this point he is better than Pierce and Allen combined. Allen is shell of his old self while Kobe has elevated his game to new heights.

The key to the series for the Celtics is KG. KG has to have a phenomenal series for the Celtics to win.

Think the Lakers will win the series but I'm rooting for your Celtics b/c I like KG.

I think the key for the Lakers winning is Odom and Fisher. Pau and Kobe are both going to play to their capability, but Fisher's experience and Odom's versatility is going to be put in use early. Of course, it won't hurt to have Kobe Bryant in the 4th Qtr.

Ghost stated that the Lakers bench was better than the Celtics bench. I called his bluff.

Kobe is Kobe. He can score 50 a game for all I care as long as the Celtics win.

BTW: Gasol is soft. Be it KG, Perkins or Powe, that puss is going to get beaten down.

Ghost stated that the Lakers bench was better than the Celtics bench. I called his bluff.

Kobe is Kobe. He can score 50 a game for all I care as long as the Celtics win.

BTW: Gasol is soft. Be it KG, Perkins or Powe, that puss is going to get beaten down.

Gasol is soft.

Let me see you guys take the the Jazz in 6 games or even the defending champs in 5.

Gasol is soft.

Let me see you guys take the the Jazz in 6 games or even the defending champs in 5.

The Jazz? Are talking about the team that was 17-24 on the road and gave up 99.3 points per game?

The only reason the Jazz were "good" is because they were 37-4 at home.

The Jazz? Are talking about the team that was 17-24 on the road and gave up 99.3 points per game?

The only reason the Jazz were "good" is because they were 37-4 at home.

Do you understand how good that is ? 4 freaking games. That's unbelievable.

If he kept it to himself how'd YOU find out? Just askin.....:P

The Organization did nothing to get the team better. What do you expect? He's a complete winner. Missing the playoffs and two 1st round losses doesn't sound like a team Kobe should be on.

After all that said, Kobe still camp to training camp and participated like absolutely nothing ever happened.

This is the beginning of a dynasty, mark my words.

Especially with Bynum coming back next year.

Archived