This is no New York

Gainzo

The teams in town honour each other.

Sox will go green

Link|Comments (0) Posted by Gary Dzen, Boston.com Staff June 20, 2008 06:44 PM

The Red Sox will honor the 2008 NBA champion Boston Celtics by wearing green uniforms tonight, Sox chairman Tom Werner just said on the NESN broadcast. There will be a shamrock design in center field tonight, according to Werner.

Almost the entire Celtics team is expected to be in attendance at tonight's Red Sox-Cardinals game, including Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

That's a stupid analogy. We have 2 football teams, 2 hockey teams, 2 baseball teams in this town. Nice try , but as usual you FAIL.

No it's not. Did the Yankees/Mets/Islanders/Rangers/Devils/Nets or Knicks take out a full page ad in the Daily News or Post when the Giants won the Super Bowl?

The Pats did:

1213876945_3407-1.jpg

Actually, the Jets, MEts and Yanks all posted some **** for the Giants. Not that it even matters.

Get your facts straight chowderhead.

I asked a question. Thanks for the answer.

Do you think I read the Post or Daily News?

BTW: anskyruben has an unhealthy obsession with all things Boston.

No it's not. Did the Yankees/Mets/Islanders/Rangers/Devils/Nets or Knicks take out a full page ad in the Daily News or Post when the Giants won the Super Bowl?

The Pats did:

Thats great. But what did the Bruins do? The Red Sox are honoring them by wearing Green Jerseys? They've already worn and have had Green Jerseys. They didn't go out of their way.

Also, you can't put the Nets or Devils in with the New York teams. Those are New Jersey teams.

The Jets took out a full page add, and the Knicks and Yankees took out things for the Giants as well.

P.S. Nobody cares about the Islanders. :P

Excuse me, but who gives a **** ? If the yankees win, I celebrate. I can give 2 squirts if the Knicks or Jets send them an FTD bouquet . Since you're so turned on by your team winning, why don't you send them all vermont teddy bears with a picture of yourself in a thong ? This probably the worst thread I have ever read in the baseball section.

I asked a question. Thanks for the answer.

Do you think I read the Post or Daily News?

BTW: anskyruben has an unhealthy obsession with all things Boston.

You asked a question in your post but made a definitive statement in your thread title. That is what they are responding to.

Thats great. But what did the Bruins do? The Red Sox are honoring them by wearing Green Jerseys? They've already worn and have had Green Jerseys. They didn't go out of their way.

Also, you can't put the Nets or Devils in with the New York teams. Those are New Jersey teams.

The Jets took out a full page add, and the Knicks and Yankees took out things for the Giants as well.

P.S. Nobody cares about the Islanders. :P

The Bruins and TD BankNorth Garden - c/o the the Jacobs - took a full page ad in the Sunday Globe congratulating the Celtics on banner #17. As well they should, being owners of that dreadful club, the Bruins (thank God I hate hockey) and the venue the Celts play in. Seems to me that Jeremy Jacobs ought to kiss Danny Ainges arse for this run. Jacobs, who owns the Garden and the consession business, made a bundle this season. The Celts just rent the space. Sad in a sense. The Bruins have no chance of being good anytime soon. No need to spend the necessary bucks when you have a tenant making you the big bucks.

Anyway, the best thing I saw was the full page add taken out by Ray Allen today. Thanking the fans for embracing his return to New England. That winning a championship at "home" is one of the greatest moments in his life. He Explained the issues regarding his son. Thanking Cedars in LA, Childrens in Boston and The Joselin Diabetes center in Boston for their unparrelled care of his son. Additionally, announcing his new found "cause" for a cure and listing the warning signs of Type 1 diabetes.

Classy guy, Ray Allen.

Are you seriously trying to portray Boston as a great sports city because the Red Sox let the Celtics throw out the first pitch yesterday? Teams do that ALL THE TIME. Come on. You can give us the story, but don't try to make that out of it.

Did the Giants throw out the 1st pitch at a Mets or Yankees games this year?

The Sox also had Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett throw out the 1st pitch at different games last season. They were each asked to do that before they had even played a game for the Celtics.

The '04 Sox were honored by the Pats in the Fall of that year.

Maybe it's just that Boston has only 1 team in each major sport and that makes it easier for the Organizations to honour each other.

I came off a little harsh in my OP. My apologies to those who were offended.

Archived