Something in the water in Houston ?

shawn306

First Chacon now Manny.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3467042

Report: Manny apologizes after shoving Red Sox official to ground

ESPN.com news services

The Red Sox are confident it wasn't Manny just being Manny.

Manny Ramirez has apologized for pushing the team's traveling secretary to the ground in the visitors clubhouse during a confrontation Saturday in Houston, according to a report in The Providence Journal.

Ramirez had requested 16 tickets from Jack McCormick for Saturday's game against the Astros, the report said.

After McCormick said that might not be possible, Ramirez replied by yelling, "Just do your job," according to Monday's report.

Ramirez and McCormick later discussed the incident in a private meeting, during which the left fielder made amends.

"That's over," Ramirez said Sunday, according to the report. "We're fine now."

Boston manager Terry Francona said the team had resolved the matter and was "satisfied with how we handled this."

"Sometimes things happen," Francona said, according to The Journal. "And when they do, we choose to handle them internally."

It wasn't the first time this season Ramirez was forced to put a sour incident behind him.

Ramirez, who on May 31 became the 24th major leaguer to hit 500 home runs, had to be separated from first baseman Kevin Youkilis earlier this month after apparently taking a swing at him during a dugout argument.

"It's in the past," Ramirez said the next day. "It's a new day."

First Chacon now Manny.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3467042

Report: Manny apologizes after shoving Red Sox official to ground

ESPN.com news services

The Red Sox are confident it wasn't Manny just being Manny.

Manny Ramirez has apologized for pushing the team's traveling secretary to the ground in the visitors clubhouse during a confrontation Saturday in Houston, according to a report in The Providence Journal.

Ramirez had requested 16 tickets from Jack McCormick for Saturday's game against the Astros, the report said.

After McCormick said that might not be possible, Ramirez replied by yelling, "Just do your job," according to Monday's report.

Ramirez and McCormick later discussed the incident in a private meeting, during which the left fielder made amends.

Boston manager Terry Francona said the team had resolved the matter and was "satisfied with how we handled this."

"Sometimes things happen," Francona said, according to The Journal. "And when they do, we choose to handle them internally."

It wasn't the first time this season Ramirez was forced to put a sour incident behind him.

Ramirez, who on May 31 became the 24th major leaguer to hit 500 home runs, had to be separated from first baseman Kevin Youkilis earlier this month after apparently taking a swing at him during a dugout argument.

...just another "internal story" "leaked" by the Evil Larry Lucchino and company to deflect from the teams miserable pen performance and slip into second place as they face the first place Rays....where you can bet your bottom dollar there will be a brawl. They are setting up Manny quite nicely, no?

...just another "internal story" "leaked" by the Evil Larry Lucchino and company to deflect from the teams miserable pen performance and slip into second place as they face the first place Rays....where you can bet your bottom dollar there will be a brawl....and they are setting up Manny quite nicely, no?

:rl:

You have more conspiracy theories than Oliver Stone.

...just another "internal story" "leaked" by the Evil Larry Lucchino and company to deflect from the teams miserable pen performance and slip into second place as they face the first place Rays....where you can bet your bottom dollar there will be a brawl. They are setting up Manny quite nicely, no?

Wait, wait here.

The Red Sox purposely leak internal strife?

Really?

And that makes them look BETTER?

Wait, wait here.

The Red Sox purposely leak internal strife?

Really?

And that makes them look BETTER?

..in the long run. The powers that be want to vilify Manny (and have been trying forever) so when they do not renegotiate his contract - the team WILL NOT take a PR hit. They have done a great job at promoting the Red Sox brand - versus the players on the team.

Larry Lucchino is a POS. Period. So is his mouthpiece, Dan Shaughnnessy.

Shoving some functionary because they wouldn't give him 16 tickets sounds beyond silliness. You cannot call Ramirez putting his hands on some Costanza-level team functionary a sinister plot by Lucchino. Besides Minaya will give him a 10-year $300 million pact the day after the Sawx cut him loose. He'll fit right in in FLushing in every way.

..in the long run. The powers that be want to vilify Manny (and have been trying forever) so when they do not renegotiate his contract - the team WILL NOT take a PR hit. They have done a great job at promoting the Red Sox brand - versus the players on the team.

Larry Lucchino is a POS. Period. So is his mouthpiece, Dan Shaughnnessy.

Manny Ramirez is a POS as well. But don't let that get in the way of your rantings.

Shoving some functionary because they wouldn't give him 16 tickets sounds beyond silliness. You cannot call Ramirez putting his hands on some Costanza-level team functionary a sinister plot by Lucchino. Besides Minaya will give him a 10-year $300 million pact the day after the Sawx cut him loose. He'll fit right in in FLushing in every way.

Are you really expecting your ballplayers to be role models?

And you are supprised when there is trouble.

Every team has them, it is just how loudly they go off, and how often.

Geez, Martinez caught less crap for his throw down of Zimmer the Gerbil during the Yankee/Sox brawl of 2003.

Manny is a pampered man/child who obviously has the maturity level of an adolescent boy.....but trust me when I tell you, the Sox FO is THE MOST MANIPULATIVE and DECEITFUL in all of baseball.

Geez, Martinez caught less crap for his throw down of Zimmer the Gerbil during the Yankee/Sox brawl of 2003.

Manny is a pampered man/child who obviously has the maturity level of an adolescent boy.....but trust me when I tell you, the Sox FO is THE MOST MANIPULATIVE and DECEITFUL in all of baseball.

They don't grade front offices on how they get it done, just as long as they get it done.

When you are defending Champions, your leash for tomfoolery gets pretty long.

Are you really expecting your ballplayers to be role models?

And you are supprised when there is trouble.

Every team has them, it is just how loudly they go off, and how often.

Not at all surprised. If Ramirez plays LF or pumps gas, he'd be a knucklehead either way, and my kids should be raised by me, not some 3rd party pro athlete. Just because the guy is HoF hitter doesn't mean he's a wonderful human being, and that's whether I root for the laundry he wears or not. Don't think it's a conpsiracy, just as, they say, Manny being the a-hole he is.

It's a baseball franchise, not an orphanage.We're being reminded much the same about the Jets with PSLs. They're both in the business of winning and making money, though not necessarily in that order, though they often coincide. And after the Sawx dumped Nomar at exaclty the right time, at the height of his perceived value just as his talent was ebbing, they deserve some benefit of a doubt here.Otherwise, you wind up being the Mess.

"Just do your job,"

First of all, who ****in talks to people like that? I mean really.

He is without a doubt the biggest/spoiled/dumbest/lazy baseball player I've ever seen.

They don't grade front offices on how they get it done, just as long as they get it done.

When you are defending Champions, your leash for tomfoolery gets pretty long.

No, Scott. the players have been running that team for a long time now, even before 2004. and this is what happens when you let the inmates run the asylum.

First of all, who ****in talks to people like that? I mean really.

I've never dealt with major leaguers, but in my experiences in college and minor league ball- i saw this a few times. I had a run-in with a player over something stupid and almost got my ass handed to me. but i wasnt going to let some 6'-5" future lousy nhl'er push me around.

When you are a star you want everyone to kiss their ass. They dont like a low-life traveling secretary telling them no.

Its a different world in the locker room. very different.

I've never dealt with major leaguers, but in my experiences in college and minor league ball- i saw this a few times. I had a run-in with a player over something stupid and almost got my ass handed to me. but i wasnt going to let some 6'-5" future lousy nhl'er push me around.

When you are a star you want everyone to kiss their ass. They dont like a low-life traveling secretary telling them no.

Its a different world in the locker room. very different.

I'm not talking about baseball, I'm talking about life in general. who ****in talks to people like that?

athletes dont act like people. They are spoiled brats. so, ballplayers act like the kids of today I guess.

Which is being an immature crybaby, but in their case an immature crybaby millionaire.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived