I cannot believe not a single racing fan resides here.

billybroome

I've never seen a post relating to Formula One, Nascar, IndyCar, NHRA, or anything else close to motor sports. As close as I can figure you girls drive to work daily in your fast and furious Hyundai's or take the bus.

I take that back...your mom probably drives you where you want to go.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never seen a post relating to Formula One, Nascar, IndyCar, NHRA, or anything else close to motor sports. As close as I can figure you girls drive to work daily in your fast and furious Hyundai's or take the bus.

We've had threads about some of the races. Daytona for one. Maybe you should just start a normal thread before you go bashing what we drive. Wanna race?

Yeah, all it is is people driving in a circle. It really doesn't take any skill. Actually, though, it takes some strength to hit the gas pedal, I guess.:yawn:

P.S., I love your avatar. As you can see, this one isn't praying:baby:.

Actually there is a guy that is affiliate with one of the NE modifieds. JKwaz. He runs out of Riverhead Raceway. Good guy from what I know of him. For you "it's just turning left" Billy Broome also mentioned F1 and Indy. If you think there is no skill involved then you just don't understand it. You can save your ignorant comments for when you are bowling and playing golf with your buddies. ;)

cars turning left a lot in not really that exciting. "ohh look her turned left, wow! another left turn.... holy **** look! he turned left"

Typical person who has never watched an actual race. You left out the part about trading paint with 40 other cars while doing a measly 190+ MPH. Granted I'm not a huge fan but even I realize there is a hell of alot more to it than turning left.

Yeah, all it is is people driving in a circle. It really doesn't take any skill. Actually, though, it takes some strength to hit the gas pedal, I guess.:yawn:

I would love to see you try driving one of those cars in circles. If it's so easy and requires no skill, why haven't you signed up to do it and make those easy millions?

Typical person who has never watched an actual race. You left out the part about trading paint with 40 other cars while doing a measly 190+ MPH. Granted I'm not a huge fan but even I realize there is a hell of alot more to it than turning left.

They don't do 190+ anymore, if they do it's rare thanks to the restrictorplate.

As for getting in, good luck paying all the cash for the cars, crew workers, parts, fuel, & other things needed to get a team together much less get a spot in NASCAR.

It's still a boring sport until the last 10 laps or so.

I would love to see you try driving one of those cars in circles. If it's so easy and requires no skill, why haven't you signed up to do it and make those easy millions?

I don't think he's ready for the interviews.

The Budweiser Dodge was running real good today. Our Good Year tires were just getting warm when we got taken out, but hey that's racin'! We'll just load her up and come back strong next week at Rock-in-ham.

Or something like that.

As for getting in, good luck paying all the cash for the cars, crew workers, parts, fuel, & other things needed to get a team together much less get a spot in NASCAR.

You don't start in NASCAR. Nobody does. You start at the bottom and get noticed. Hell, Jeff Gordon was kicking a$$ at the Midget Nationals in my home town of about 2,000 people when he was 16 years old. Believe me, I don't find NASCAR particularly entertaining and don't waste my Sundays watching it but it always cracks me up when your every day Joe acts like he could go out and dominate like the other drivers do.

Wow. Driving a circle 500 times. AWESOME.

Sorry, but check out redneck.com for that garbage.

Sounds almost as exciting as hitting a ball with a stick, throwing an oblong ball or trying to throw a round ball through a hoop over and over again huh? Damn, I was wrong all along. Oversimplification, while extremely annoying can also be fun.

Sounds almost as exciting as hitting a ball with a stick, throwing an oblong ball or trying to throw a round ball through a hoop over and over again huh? Damn, I was wrong all along. Oversimplification, while extremely annoying can also be fun.

Except there is much more to those sports. What more is there to racing than the drive? Maintaining the engine? Wooooooo!

Hick sport. That is why it isn't talked about here because the majority of this board are posters from New Jersey and New York. Not too many Nascar fans in these parts.

Head down to where they love their sisters and first cousins and still hate the North for losing the Civil War in the South if you want Nascar.

I have no problem with racing but it just isn't very popular up here in the Northeast. NASCAR does OK with a couple of races in Loudon, NH each year but that's about it.

I'm a huge fan of nascar and do drive my non-souped up Hyundai to work every day.

but its annoying trying to talk racing with people around who just ridicule it... im not in the mood to fight with them.

yes they do. the 1.5 mile tracks they are between 190-200 for most of the way.

and sadly it has become boring until the end.

how about driving for 4 hours in a 100 degree car with no stopping or p#ssy timeouts so the star can rest his widdle legs.

its too bad you're ignorant when it comes to auto racing... there is so much that goes into it.. but I guess someone who finds the simple game of basketball interesting could never fully grasp what it takes to race.

how about driving for 4 hours in a 100 degree car with no stopping or p#ssy timeouts so the star can rest his widdle legs.

its too bad you're ignorant when it comes to auto racing... there is so much that goes into it.. but I guess someone who finds the simple game of basketball interesting could never fully grasp what it takes to race.

Why are you bothering with the "haters?" I still can't understand why people who don't like certain sports feel the need to make fun of them.

I'm not a racing fan, but I have no problems with it.

The Budweiser Dodge was running real good today. Our Good Year tires were just getting warm when we got taken out, but hey that's racin'! We'll just load her up and come back strong next week at Rock-in-ham.

Or something like that.

they dont race at Rockingham anymore.... but everything else was right... well, tires would be pronounced tars :)

Why are you bothering with the "haters?" I still can't understand why people who don't like certain sports feel the need to make fun of them.

I'm not a racing fan, but I have no problems with it.

i just had to answer to some of their ignorance... i couldnt let it slide, guess its the new yorker in me.

:)

and the race in NH last month was awesome until the thunderstorms rolled in.

Head down to where they love their sisters and first cousins and still hate the North for losing the Civil War in the South

Well, you're right about this at least.... :)

but Nascar is huge around the entire country except for the northeast. Just like college football. Guess we can call college football a hick, cousin banging sport also.

Except there is much more to those sports. What more is there to racing than the drive? Maintaining the engine? Wooooooo!

Hick sport. That is why it isn't talked about here because the majority of this board are posters from New Jersey and New York. Not too many Nascar fans in these parts.

Head down to where they love their sisters and first cousins and still hate the North for losing the Civil War in the South if you want Nascar.

Thank you for proving my point. I knew you would. The difference is the three sports I mentioned have been around forever and you grew up watching them. Therefore you understand every little nuance. NASCAR has only recently become popular and you never bothered to learn everything there is to know about it. I would wager to bet that you are dead wrong about there not being many NASCAR fans in your parts. Hate it if you must but don't try to make blind generalizations when you don't understand a third of it.

Thank you for proving my point. I knew you would. The difference is the three sports I mentioned have been around forever and you grew up watching them. Therefore you understand every little nuance. NASCAR has only recently become popular and you never bothered to learn everything there is to know about it. I would wager to bet that you are dead wrong about there not being many NASCAR fans in your parts. Hate it if you must but don't try to make blind generalizations when you don't understand a third of it.

NASCAR doesnt get good ratings on TV in the northeast.

Yet, the 2 races in Dover Del., 2 races in the Poconos, the race in Watkins Glen NY and the 2 races in Loudon NH do great in ticket sales. And the saturday night local tracks do quite well.

It is a different experience being at a track and watching on TV. To see a race live with a scanner listening to the crew chief and drivers, listening to race control, listening to the radio guys during commercial break, its awesome. On TV you get what they give you. at the track you watch what you want to watch.

I used to watch Formula 1 a lot before Lewis Hamilton came about. Hate the guy with a passion.

I love watching NASCAR, F1, DTM, BTCC, and rallying.

I don't hate Hamilton, but I do love to see him crash out, or generally have a nightmare race. All because it makes that Allen c**t and the rest of the ITV scumbags cry. I am f**king sick to death of their coverage - we do not need to hear from his f**king father every f**king race, or the fact the fact that if he doesn't win, then coverage is simply cut off. ITV have been worse for F1 than Max Moseley and his orgy.

JamesAllen.jpg

For all you guys in the US, put it this way, Allen makes Darrell Waltrip seem quiet, shy, and sensible.

And Sky's coverage of NASCAR is a joke as well. Ad breaks every 2 minutes, Keith Heuwen constantly going on how he hasn't got a clue what's going on, and spending 5 minutes wittering on about poor Dario f**king Franchitti while there's a crash happening in the background. I wish NASN had never lost it - the whole pre race shows, the entire race - going to in-car footage while the US networks went on ad breaks - that's how to cover a race.

cars turning left a lot in not really that exciting. "ohh look her turned left, wow! another left turn.... holy **** look! he turned left"

Just becuase you dont understand the complexity of something doesnt mean you should automatically criticize it...

Its pretty exciting to watch full size vehicles run 175mph+ within inches of each other... Include the story lines and strategy involved and its a pretty cool sport...

You dont relate to it or have anything emotionally invested in it though... so its hard to like it, just like it would be hard to watch the NFL if you had nothing to care about... thats why we pick favorite teams...

You are being ignorant... there is much more to everything... your just not emotionally invested in it so you dont care...

Alk is right... you are just making it so simple it sounds like it sucks...

You leave out the qualifying and different setups it takes to qualify and race, the strategy and ability to make a split second decision and leave your strategy behind... rivalries between drivers, climate effects, mistakes (driver and his peers) accidents and the ability to recover...

There is just as much involved in completing a race as there is in any sport... just becuase you are too ignorant to figure them out doesnt make the people who invest the time into it a redneck....

FYI there are tracks in big northern cities that sell out too.

NASCAR doesnt get good ratings on TV in the northeast.

Yet, the 2 races in Dover Del., 2 races in the Poconos, the race in Watkins Glen NY and the 2 races in Loudon NH do great in ticket sales. And the saturday night local tracks do quite well.

It is a different experience being at a track and watching on TV. To see a race live with a scanner listening to the crew chief and drivers, listening to race control, listening to the radio guys during commercial break, its awesome. On TV you get what they give you. at the track you watch what you want to watch.

In Australia the Sprint Cars are very popular (or were in the early 80's when I lived there) and my family and friends used to go all the time. Dirt tracks, cars going sideways, plenty of noise, and of course the occasional car or 20 flipping over.

People who make fun of racing are ignorant.

Susquehanna_4-13-06_1.jpg

Watkins Glen, NY? Where?

The Poconoes? Last time I checked the areas surrounding the Poconoes don't exactly scream "I have tons of money". There are a lot of rednecks around there, the reason for the tracks selling out so well.

It IS a redneck event. It isn't a Sport.

Now I'm going to go sit on the Highway where it circles around and find some better crashes. ;)

Watkins Glen, NY? Where?

The Poconoes? Last time I checked the areas surrounding the Poconoes don't exactly scream "I have tons of money". There are a lot of rednecks around there, the reason for the tracks selling out so well.

It IS a redneck event. It isn't a Sport.

Now I'm going to go sit on the Highway where it circles around and find some better crashes. ;)

Watkins Glen- upstate NY- finger lakes region.

Poconos- where do you think the people come from to watch? Thats right, NY, NJ, CT.

If it was redneck, would they have the Boston Red Sox owning a team? Or the owner of the Montreal Canadians? Nascar roots are southern and the southern fan is the most loyal, but to claim that the sport is only redneck is ignorant and stupid. Sponsors wouldnt spend 25 million a year per team to only appeal to the redneck.

And it takes more of a physical effort to drive a car than it does to play basketball or baseball.

Keep living in your sheltered world. Never experience outside of your little box. Im not asking you to like nascar. I dont care if you do or not. But you have shown you have zero knowledge about anything outside your comfort zone. And thats as bad as being a racist or sexist.

Archived