So I was waiting tables tonight..(Scott Pioli Story)

Mavrik

Haha, I think the Twain line was: "Denial is not just a river in Egypt." I love Mark Twain. That guy feared nothing. And of course he loved Abraham Lincoln. You know what they say about great minds. Wait, what do they say? :P

To call Twain a visionary writer, humorist, satirist is a profound understatement. Very much like Chuck Trainor. Thanks for mentioning his name. I am sooo far removed from my college days that I don't read that stuff much anymore.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm sure you do fine

Pioli sounds like a cheap bastard

Must take after his FIL.

Parcells lived in Foxboro when he coached in NE. My friend - a Foxboro resident - knows this dude who did some painting work on her home....noticed her "patriots" themed tv room....so he told her the story of how he happened to have worked on Parcells' home. Negotiated a price. Settled. Work done. When he went to collect, Parcells shorted him $500 - but gave him an autographed picture of himself. LOL!!!!!

Must take after his FIL.

Parcells lived in Foxboro when he coached in NE. My friend - a Foxboro resident - knows this dude who did some painting work on her home....noticed her "patriots" themed tv room....soo he told her the story of how he happened to have worked on Parcells' home. Negotiated a price. Settled. Work done. When he went to collect, Parcells shorted him $500 - but gave him an autographed picture of himself. LOL!!!!!

i'm sure that picture is worth 50 cents

the rich in general are cheap...that is why they are rich

I want to be rich! ...and now I knwo how! Didn;t realize it was so simple. ;)

i am rich but not wealthy;)

1) marry into money is the easiest way

BTW the beach was utterly spectacular!!!!

nothing like reading a book on the beach as the sun rises!!!

Well I don't know. Maybe Mavrik was just a really bad waiter. :P

You bite your tongue. :lol:

I'm never going to argue with a 20% tip. It was a good tip and when considering that they're bill was $150 that means I pulled $30 off of them. Not too bad. I usually walk out of this place with about $260-280 on a good night, 150-160 on a bad night.

You bite your tongue. :lol:

I'm never going to argue with a 20% tip. It was a good tip and when considering that they're bill was $150 that means I pulled $30 off of them. Not too bad. I usually walk out of this place with about $260-280 on a good night, 150-160 on a bad night.

wow! you show great restraint by walking out. i'd be dancin, skipping, jumping, shouting, singin or any combination of the above.

thats excellent Mav. Remember the golden rule. it's not what you make, it's what you keep

wow! you show great restraint by walking out. i'd be dancin, skipping, jumping, shouting, singin or any combination of the above.

thats excellent Mav. Remember the golden rule. it's not what you make, it's what you keep

...until you have kids, then it becomes the platinum rule

Rich and Poor

But ready to retire in Delaware!!!!!!!!

Your Daughter is OK with you moving, I know my kids would be reading me the

riot act.. you are very lucky

snap! i just got rebuked there. heh!

my daughter is ok that i am moving.. but she hates when i dance! :lol:

i am lucky. she is a great kid! even with all her eye rolling and such! ;)

snap! i just got rebuked there. heh!

my daughter is ok that i am moving.. but she hates when i dance! :lol:

i am lucky. she is a great kid! even with all her eye rolling and such! ;)

good for you

I would move right now, but my son insists on finishing his HS in vermont.

can't blame him so i will wait 2 years

I'm pretty much putting everything I earn away. I'll need as much money as I can in the bank for my move to Europe before the Euro promptly slashes my earnings by a third.

It's funny that for me in college, a bad night waiting at Ruby Tuesdays meant I walked out with $25, here, other waitors don't want to work because they're "only" going to make $150. I'll happily take that money for them if they don't want it.

You should've wrote Jets rule or something man, that would've been hilarious. They wouldn't have been offended.

Oh, and such a high known figure and rich man like that only leaving 20%? Psh.

20% of a value meal goes a long way

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

at the restaurant I currently work at this summer in Nantucket, and had a nice couple at one of the tables. Had a little daughter with them. Very nice people. Never gave me any crap or anything. My boss knew them very well and had been chatting with them most of the night, so while they were eating dessert, I asked her how she knew them. She proceeds to tell me that the guy is Scott Pioli, VP of Player Personnel for the Patriots, and that the woman was Bill Parcells' daughter.

Can't tell you how hard I wanted to write J-E-T-S jets jets jets on their check and hand it to them. Still, they were nice and left me 20%. Apparently he comes in quite frequently and every once in a while brings Parcells and Belicheck with him.

should have had a FedEx guy come in and give them the check in a brown box ;)

Archived