Pennington the 5th most UNDER-RATED QB of all-time?

based on his arguement i completely agree. look when he's healthy and the team around is quality the jets win. yeah ok he's not as good as he used to be. but he's a winner. and that's the name of the game that's the thing that gives you job security. WINNING.

(last year not included)

Is this the same ******* who wrote the 5 most overated?

Pennington is not underated, he could have been a great QB and has one of the smartest football minds I've ever seen, but guess what he's had 2 major shoulder surgeries and he just doesn't have the arm strength to do it.

based on his arguement i completely agree. look when he's healthy and the team around is quality the jets win. yeah ok he's not as good as he used to be. but he's a winner. and that's the name of the game that's the thing that gives you job security. WINNING.

(last year not included)

Chad may be able to get the Jets 10 wins in the regular season but what does he do in the playoffs?

The guy makes it sound like Mangini was an idiot for benching him, like Penny had won every game up to that point, where fact is he was 1 and 6 when he was benched, many of those loses you can put right on the fact that Penny was the QB of the team.

Guy needs a head check between this and the overrated list he made

There's a lot more to it then some stats geek punching numbers. To call Elway one of the most overrated QB's of all time takes any credibility away from the rest of his list.

I disagree completely. He points out that Elway was a great QB, but he's treated almost God-like which IMO is far too much. Yes, all in all he was a great QB, but he wasn't so 'great' for the early part of his career like a lot of other great ones.

I disagree completely. He points out that Elway was a great QB, but he's treated almost God-like which IMO is far too much. Yes, all in all he was a great QB, but he wasn't so 'great' for the early part of his career like a lot of other great ones.

Okay, so he didnt come one until his third year, neither did Manning or Aikman for that matter, all Qb's dont come on first season like Marino or Roethlisberger (a fact many forget when judging Clemens, but thats not here), it takes time to develop like Steve Young or Phil Simms.

He still managed to get his team to 5 Super Bowls, more than any QB in NFL history and 2 wins, tying him with Bart Starr and Bob Griese for 3rd all time, and out up decent numbers both in the post season as well as the regular season.

Elway is one of the all time greats.

I'm a Clemens guy. I truly hope Clemens wins this QB competition. But.................

I got to agree with Irish here, to a point. I just don't understand how any Jets fan could HATE Pennington.

I honestly think that if Pennington didn't get cursed with all those injuries, he would be in the same conversation as Brady, and Manning.

He's not, he did get injured. Namath is considered overrated because of his injuries. He never really performed well the second half of his career. Injuries

The fact of the matter is the article is correct. Pennington wins games. It's time to move on. Hopefully it's Clemens time. I'm not going to throw Pennington under the bus because he was always hurt. When he was healthy, and on the field, they won.

I'm a Clemens guy. I truly hope Clemens wins this QB competition. But.................

I got to agree with Irish here, to a point. I just don't understand how any Jets fan could HATE Pennington.

I honestly think that if Pennington didn't get cursed with all those injuries, he would be in the same conversation as Brady, and Manning.

He's not, he did get injured. Namath is considered overrated because of his injuries. He never really performed well the second half of his career. Injuries

The fact of the matter is the article is correct. Pennington wins games. It's time to move on. Hopefully it's Clemens time. I'm not going to throw Pennington under the bus because he was always hurt. When he was healthy, and on the field, they won.

I'd agree with you completely here. But I do get the anger towards Pennington. Guys who look more at the bigger picture get the fact that there is no future in Pennington. They want to move on ASAP and use the time in front of us developing a better option. They see Pennington as a go nowhere option that would keep us in a holding pattern. I am squarely in this camp as well. It's not hate towards the guy, its frustration over not making any progress. Yeah if he would have continued on the path he was headed in 2002 man we could have been having the conversation about who was better him, Manning or Brady. Hell maybe we would have kept the cheaters out of a SB or 2 along the way. Who knows? But the point is that didn't happen, the guy can not stay healthy and breaks don every time he takes a hard shot. So the frustration of seeing this team rely on this guy and watching us go nowhere, get built up around a systematic, short passing game and look like we might do something only to be let down again and again is beyond frustrating. I'm not looking to throw him under the bus necessarily, if things would have worked out differently I'd be praising him, but injuries are a BIG part of this game, and great QBs are also durable. This guy is battered, broken and beyond repair. It was time to turn the page the instant he retore his shoulder. It's now just pathetic how much this team is clinging to a guy who is just not going to be there when you need him. I'd rather take some lumps with Clemens and if he sucks go 4-12 again and take a shot at getting a real franchise QB rather than go 8-8, 10-6 and a be guaranteed a quick exit from the playoffs.

Archived