Not Sure How To Watch The Jets Games This Year

The Gun Of Bavaria

So I had to suspend my DirecTV account for the time being due to my in-progress move, pending marriage, and a boat load of debt left over from the divorce and resulting from the move/marriage.

For at least this season, my free Jets games are out the window as I suffer through 4 months of basic analog cable with Comcast. :fighting0050:

So my question becomes, how the hell else, besides going to a bar, can I watch the Jets game?

Any ideas? Anything online I can access? Can I pay someone and get access to their Slingbox to watch them online?

I think I'm hosed and as a result, will get to watch the Lions, Packers, Cowboys and Patriots ad nauseum. :bag:

So I had to suspend my DirecTV account for the time being due to my in-progress move, pending marriage, and a boat load of debt left over from the divorce and resulting from the move/marriage.

For at least this season, my free Jets games are out the window as I suffer through 4 months of basic analog cable with Comcast. :fighting0050:

So my question becomes, how the hell else, besides going to a bar, can I watch the Jets game?

Any ideas? Anything online I can access? Can I pay someone and get access to their Slingbox to watch them online?

I think I'm hosed and as a result, will get to watch the Lions, Packers, Cowboys and Patriots ad nauseum. :bag:

There is sopcast sites, which are posted before every game, although the streaming and content are both rather poor. Slingbox's cost about $150, but you need a TV source to connect it to, and since your TV source won't get Jets games, that would be a waste of money.

I'd suggest buying either a satellite radio package, or I believe NFL.com offers some sort of radio package as well if you don't mind listening to games.

Other then that, I don't think there's much more you can do...Other then go to a bar of course.

You know? If you really want to hold onto this girl it might be best that she doesn't witness you watching a Jets game for a least the first 5 years anyway. This could be a good thing. :lol:

LOL

We just spent the last weekend painting at her house where I'm moving into. We painted the basement where I am establishing my new Jets/Red Wings/Tigers room ironically. I already warned her that when it comes to the Jets games, I have a "unique" way of watching them and that she can always watch HGTV or TLC upstairs.

Why does anyone want to watch the Jets? Save your cash. If your future wife is into HGTV - my bet it that you'll be busy working on home improvement projects anwayway. :) Btw, that is a good thing. The Jets, now they are a bad thing. ;)

There are usually 2 people doing the Jet games on sopcast. but the reception kind of sucks, and the more people that use it the more it sucks. it was better when nobody knew about it.

Good luck!

Why does anyone want to watch the Jets? Save your cash. If your future wife is into HGTV - my bet it that you'll be busy working on home improvement projects anwayway. :) Btw, that is a good thing. The Jets, now they are a bad thing. ;)

Dude, if I watch one more episode of Flip This House or the one where they get 3 homes to choose from, I'm going to vomit. TLC, HGTV, it's all the same.

You want to redeign a home, come into my 1952 bungalow with plaster walls and work some magic. :)

Dude, if I watch one more episode of Flip This House or the one where they get 3 homes to choose from, I'm going to vomit. TLC, HGTV, it's all the same.

You want to redeign a home, come into my 1952 bungalow with plaster walls and work some magic. :)

You do know that the Tranny stuff is a joke, right? ;)

I like the Travel channel, myself. Have a long list of places I want to go to but quite afford to right now. I guess that's akin to being a Jets fan. Self-torture. :)

I like the Travel channel, myself. Have a long list of places I want to go to but quite afford to right now. I guess that's akin to being a Jets fan. Self-torture. :)

I don't mind those shows if there's nothing else on. As in there isn't a single sport of any kind being televised.

As for the Jets, I may need to watch the shows and learn how to redecorate my place after my first Jets-related meltdown.

I call you Gladys, and you get defensive. GOB calls you dude (HAHAHAHAHA!!! :rl: ) and you get defensive.

:rl:

new yorker owns restaurant,,they show Jet games here

http://www.marinellis.com/index2.html

Holy smokes SJ, that place is about 1/2 mile from my house, tops.

I've been there before, many times.

Where you find out about the owner being from NY???? Just a Google search?

If you read down in paragraph it says one of kids went to school in Hyde park NY,,went to Culinary Institute...

"Seven years later, John & Susan’s brother Jimmy graduated from the Culinary Institute of American in Hyde Park, N.Y. and became a part of the team."

This guy posted about this place on Gang Green,,contact him:

club_name-up.gif?1217282392fanclubs_address1.gif?1217282392fanclubs_contact.gif?1217282392fanclubs_clubinfo.gif?1217282392

Jets Rule Michigan

611 W 12 mile rdicon-magnifyingglass.gif

Madison Heights, MI

United States of America

Martin Smith

Bartender is a huge Jets fan $1.50 bottles beer $2.00 pints

I call you Gladys, and you get defensive. GOB calls you dude (HAHAHAHAHA!!! :rl: ) and you get defensive.

:rl:

I'm just playin' with GOB, Harry. I'm the one that started the Tranny stuff, remember? You? Well, you are another matter altogether - you power trippin' Mod.:P Plus, the name Gladys sucks and that show is so old. Can't you come up with something better? There has got to be a more current show with a nosey mess in it. Do some reasearch and get back to me. In the meantime - butt-out of my light-hearted post exchanges with GOB. :)

just find a neighbor you can get along with that has the ticket.. thats what i do..lol

if u cant go to game, its so much more fun to go to a sport sbar and waych with a bunch of buddies...

i coould get Ticket but would rather watch with the 40 New Yorkers here in raleigh at sports bar

:rl: That sounds like my house. Those freakin' plaster walls aren't going anywhere.

I'm just playin' with GOB, Harry. I'm the one that started the Tranny stuff, remember? You? Well, you are another matter altogether - you power trippin' Mod.:P Plus, the name Gladys sucks and that show is so old. Can't you come up with something better? There has got to be a more current show with a nosey mess in it. Do some reasearch and get back to me. In the meantime - butt-out of my light-hearted post exchanges with GOB. :)

how bout Ethel;)

You could try coming to the Meadowlands. You can see the Jets there.

Wow...I like your sig

By the time you go to the bar, and have a few beers....you'd save by just getting the dish back

Worth it

+1

I used to go the a local bar to watch the games most Sundays. I know the NFL ticket isn't cheap, but it's a lot cheaper than a bar tab. The food and beer is cheaper in my fridge. :D

Archived