release jeter

KudosForND

This year is an aberration for Jeter, unfortunately last year was an aberration for ARod as he's back to normal w/ his clutch hitting.

Couldnt have said it any better.

Giving Arod 10 years was a collosal mistake. The guy is a headcase.

This year is an aberration for Jeter, unfortunately last year was an aberration for ARod as he's back to normal w/ his clutch hitting.

Actually this year is the aberration. He's lit it up the last three years w/RISP and in "close and late" situations.

And I don't think it's so much an aberration for Jeter as he's just getting old. It's going to be sad to watch.

u must be high if you think JETER will be released.

who the hell would even think about that.

i was joking but im just mad a jeter im use to him being so good and this year hes not.. They HAVE to put him down in the lineup, that will make him mad and he starts doing good

i was joking but im just mad a jeter im use to him being so good and this year hes not.. They HAVE to put him down in the lineup, that will make him mad and he starts doing good

I have to really question some of the posts in this forum.

So Jeter needs to get "mad" in order to succeed?

A guy who has probably been a consummate professional,(and this is a Met fan talking), you are suggesting is just relaxed at the plate and needs to channel anger, and that will fix him?

I just wonder sometimes.

A guy who has probably been a consummate professional,(and this is a Met fan talking), you are suggesting is just relaxed at the plate and needs to channel anger, and that will fix him?

I just wonder sometimes.

lol

Actually this year is the aberration. He's lit it up the last three years w/RISP and in "close and late" situations.

And I don't think it's so much an aberration for Jeter as he's just getting old. It's going to be sad to watch.

I am not sure what Jeter's contract situation is. He might be a FA after next season, but when ever it is, I think we're going to be looking at perhaps one of the most difficult contract negotiations. The fact that Jeter is getting older and theoretically has declining skills. What do you pay him and for how long? Is he willing to take a pay cut? Will the Yankees pay him for past successes as they did with Posada and Rivera. Well, with Posada anyway, as giving a 4 year deal to a 36 year old catcher at top dollars can come back and haunt you.

I am not sure what Jeter's contract situation is. He might be a FA after next season, but when ever it is, I think we're going to be looking at perhaps one of the most difficult contract negotiations. The fact that Jeter is getting older and theoretically has declining skills. What do you pay him and for how long? Is he willing to take a pay cut? Will the Yankees pay him for past successes as they did with Posada and Rivera. Well, with Posada anyway, as giving a 4 year deal to a 36 year old catcher at top dollars can come back and haunt you.

I know you are not a Yankee fan, but letting Jeter go , is not an option .

Except for those games in octobr where Matsuzaka in one game has more RBI than ARod in his last 16 postseason games. Below are ARod's RISP and close and late #s since joining the Yankees:

2008: C&L .222, RISP .245, RISP 2 out .227

2007: C&L .357, RISP .333, RISP 2 out .326

2006: C&L .237, RISP .302, RISP 2 out .313

2005: C&L .293, RISP .290, RISP 2 out .302

2004: C&L .275, RISP .248, RISP 2 out .206

Close and late he had the one good year, RISP he had 2 awful years and the other 3 hgave been good, RISP w/ 2 out he's had 2 sawful years and 3 decent years. IOn october he's been a complete embarrassment. The best thing for the franchise would have been to let ARod walk once he opted out.

....The Yankees can always pulll a Red Sox move and start waging a media war against Jeter - paint him as a bad guy, club house cancer, aging POS - then again, the Yankees would never do something that low, nor do I beleive that Yankee fans are retahded enough to fall for it.

I just wonder sometimes.

when you move a star player they get "mad" they want to prove they can still play so they try harder and get better. Mangers do it all the times its called sparking a fire under someone. im not saying it will fix him but it can help the yankees instead of a sure out for the 2nd person in the lineup maybe they can actually score

Except for those games in octobr where Matsuzaka in one game has more RBI than ARod in his last 16 postseason games. Below are ARod's RISP and close and late #s since joining the Yankees:

2008: C&L .222, RISP .245, RISP 2 out .227

2007: C&L .357, RISP .333, RISP 2 out .326

2006: C&L .237, RISP .302, RISP 2 out .313

2005: C&L .293, RISP .290, RISP 2 out .302

2004: C&L .275, RISP .248, RISP 2 out .206

Close and late he had the one good year, RISP he had 2 awful years and the other 3 hgave been good, RISP w/ 2 out he's had 2 sawful years and 3 decent years. IOn october he's been a complete embarrassment. The best thing for the franchise would have been to let ARod walk once he opted out.

Yes, let one of the best players in baseball history walk. One good year close and late? .293 is pretty damn good, and .275 sure as hell isn't bad. You have to consider his OBP in the discussion as well, as getting on base late in close games is just as important as getting an RBI. .326, .313, and .302 w/RISP and 2 out are GREAT years, not "decent." Nice spin, though.

No one's denying he's been terrible in the playoffs. But he's been very good in the clutch in the past that it should only be a matter of time.

He's a FA after 2010. He'll be 36. That'll be one of the most interesting contract negotiations in NYY history. But I couldn't imagine they would ever let him go. The backlash would be so enormous it wouldn't be worth it.

He's a FA after 2010. He'll be 36. That'll be one of the most interesting contract negotiations in NYY history. But I couldn't imagine they would ever let him go. The backlash would be so enormous it wouldn't be worth it.

Welcome to the Red Sox upcoming off-season ie Jason Varitek.

Agreed, I don't see the Yankees letting him walk. The question is what is he willing to accept. For someone that's been as good for as long as he has been, he has to have an incredible ego. I don't see him taking a pay cut. It will be interesting.

Yes, let one of the best players in baseball history walk. One good year close and late? .293 is pretty damn good, and .275 sure as hell isn't bad. You have to consider his OBP in the discussion as well, as getting on base late in close games is just as important as getting an RBI. .326, .313, and .302 w/RISP and 2 out are GREAT years, not "decent." Nice spin, though.

No one's denying he's been terrible in the playoffs. But he's been very good in the clutch in the past that it should only be a matter of time.

We've been watching this guy every day since '04, we all know he's not clutch and in october he's an embarrassment. It was a waste of money to re-sign him, we could have used that money to strenghten other areas and been a much better team.

Archived