Chad Pennington leaves team hotel in Cleveland

BroadwayJ667

I hope nothing but the best for Chad. It's a real bitter sweet day for me. I was always a HUGE Chad supporter and always understood his lack of arm strength and ect, but loved the fire and heart he put into competing every sunday for this team and the devotion he put into this organization and the fans. Thanks Chad for the memories will never forget the blood, sweat and tears. I hope he can go somewhere (NFC) and turn the last few years of his career around.

Chad would have taken the Jets as favre will take the Jets into the playoffs. Just with Favre, the offense is more exciting to watch instead of dink and dunk. But, the Jets will still not go far into the playoffs this year.

Great person, horrible player.

I wish him luck.

However, at the same time, I am extremely happy he's gone, I can not tell a lie.

I am actually doing friggin' backflips right now to tell you the truth!!!

What aq dooshey

I could see you being happy if KC earned the job....but obviously he isn't the answer

As much as I hate Chad as a player, I love him as a person.

I really hope he goes to a team like Minny, a team that is also in a win-now team.

My sentiments exactly. Best of luck Chad.

me too...

As landing spots go, I'm putting my money on...

Kansas City

Chicago

Minnesota

He will be released or traded by 4pm.

He is taking a private Jet to his home in New York to begin to pack his bags.

hes getting released no one will trade for him just bc they know he will be released anyway

i hope someone trades atleast we can get someone or something out of it.

Love'em or hate'em, you have to respect'em.

This is a man that, literally, left it all on the field. From mangled hand bones to ripped up ligaments and a shredded shoulder, he fought through it all. Any one of these injuries would have made lesser men walk away from the game. And what does Chad do? If memory serves me right, he volunteers to rework his contract to help out the cap and get a player on the roster. And instead of insisting that he be paid what his then contract warranted, he reworks it again to prove his shoulder is up to the task. This guy is no primadonna. This is not T.O. we're talking about. Chad doesn't need football to be relevant. He has a great education and will do very well for himself away from the field. Chad Pennington is the consummate Football Athlete.

FWIW I believe that Chad would have done very well behind our four 1'st round pick OL and Thomas and Leon with him in the back field.

Best wishes Chad where ever you land.

Fr8dog

the last thing I wanted was to see chad start for the jets this year. however I am very saddened to read a post like this. not the way I wanted him to go really.

thanks for all your efforts chad

ya true,,checking out alone in a freakin dump cleveland hotel room, waived , not traded,,alone on plane going home to family,,,blows,,but his salary brings a great lifestyle and the possibility of public humialiation,,goes with territory i guess

Great person, horrible player.

I wish him luck.

However, at the same time, I am extremely happy he's gone, I can not tell a lie.

I am actually doing friggin' backflips right now to tell you the truth!!!

Admitting that the Jets will probably be better to watch this year as opposed to last year, I don't know that Farve will really be the factor. He does throw quite a few interceptions when he's trying to make something happen. He'll be booed in NY if and whenever that happens. Will the warrior from Green Bay shrug off the boos? He was not booed in Green Bay. He was a god. Don't get me wrong, he's our QB now so I'm rooting for him. How long will his adjustment period be? I was looking forward to Chad having a good year since he's been healthy for over a year now. Now it will be somewhere else. I hope he goes to Minnesota. He can really shine there. I heard Herm is interested in him also.

ya true,,checking out alone in a freakin dump cleveland hotel room, waived , not traded,,alone on plane going home to family,,,blows,,but his salary brings a great lifestyle and the possibility of public humialiation,,goes with territory i guess

yeah but at that level of competition, we both know it ain't about the money.

this has to be a really sucky time for him & the family. tomorrow may be fine but today sucks for chad, a guy I don't know but really like

Archived