Jets fans buy 3200 Favre's jerseys in 24 hours

Kentucky Jet

I ordered the Favre number and name t-shirt yesterday and got the 3 day shipping.

it said please alow extra time no matter what shipping you used(because it said wait until they get it from manufacturer) but I saw the thing about things shipping the 11th. does that mean my shirt will ship the 11th?

I hope I have it to wear at the skins game.

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the bandwagon fans that have snapped up 3000 jerseys.
Uh it was at like 6500 last night, I'm sure it's pushing 10k by now.

I would venture to say most are not bandwagoners, this is the Jets we're talking about.

Bandwagon fans root fot boston teams, except the bruins of course. :P

The bandwagon is in full swing.

Right on! Oh the irony! LOL! Cracks me up.

If they dare call Pats fans bandwagoners again - I will just bump up this thread ....again and again and again. ;)

I think the people who bought the Favre jerseys were just people sitting on the fence, waiting to see who would have won the Chad vs. Kellen battle. No one like to commit to a QB jersey if they don't know if that player is starting. With Favre, the question was answered.

Besides, no Jet fan on this site is guilty of jumping on the bandwagon. We just endured a 4-12 season, and we were here before Favre.

:fighting0050:

I think the people who bought the Favre jerseys were just people sitting on the fence, waiting to see who would have won the Chad vs. Kellen battle. No one like to commit to a QB jersey if they don't know if that player is starting. With Favre, the question was answered.

Besides, no Jet fan on this site is guilty of jumping on the bandwagon. We just endured a 4-12 season, and we were here before Favre.

:fighting0050:

***cough***bulls*t****cough*****

Anyone that "committs" to purchasing the Jersey of a QB who's heart is still with his former team and who will most likely be with the team for one year is indeed a bandwagoner. Now that may change - but Mr. Retirement has a habit of retiring, contemplating retirement, etc. no?

No Jets fan on this site is a bandwagon fan? Take a look at all the "newbies" and give me another answer ;)

Anyone that "committs" to purchasing the Jersey of a QB who's heart is still with his former team and who will most likely be with the team for one year is indeed a bandwagoner. Now that may change - but Mr. Retirement has a habit of retiring, contemplating retirement, etc. no?

No Jets fan on this site is a bandwagon fan? Take a look at all the "newbies" and give me another answer ;)

Garb Last time I checked this was still a free country.And unless you are paying for those so called "bandwagon fans" to purchase the FAVRE jersey you need to STFU. As far as the increased membership goes,I surely hope the newbies are far better members than you.Who all of a sudden jumped on the "anti-Favre band wagon.

jets fans havent had a bona-fide star, definately get his jersey guy since Curtis Martin. so when Brett Favre came here, it was a no brainer for most fans to pick up his jersey. there's nothing wrong with it.

So true when Wayne Chrebet and Curtis Martin retired you had minimal choice for a jersey and many saved their money awaiting the day and Favre #4 was the day.

I was given the gift of a Pennington Jersey a few years ago. We bought my son a Vilma jersey a couple years ago, too. This year--as part of my wife's birthday present--I got her a Namath throwback jersey. I'm getting smart--relatively--in my old age: No more jerseys of current players. My next one will be a Toonie #88. Until then, I will put some tape across Pennington's name and write in Ryan, my favorite backup/tough ass from the semi-old days.

Garb Last time I checked this was still a free country.And unless you are paying for those so called "bandwagon fans" to purchase the FAVRE jersey you need to STFU. As far as the increased membership goes,I surely hope the newbies are far better members than you.Who all of a sudden jumped on the "anti-Favre band wagon.

LOLl!!!!

I'm not anti-Favre, Dippy, I'm anti-bandwagon. I will beat this issue like a dead horse BECAUSE some of the mensa members here like to call Pats fans bandwagoners. I find this VERY amusing now. This thread is proof. I like proof. Proof via fact. Fact - some "new" - or "reacquainted" Jest fans jumped on the bandwagon because of Brett Favre. Duh, Dippy.

C'mon, Garbie...am I a bandwagon fan if I get a Favre jersey? Should I get a Ratcliff or Ainge jersey and keep it real instead?

LOLl!!!!

I'm not anti-Favre, Dippy, I'm anti-bandwagon. I will beat this issue like a dead horse BECAUSE some of the mensa members here like to call Pats fans bandwagoners. I find this VERY amusing now. This thread is proof. I like proof. Proof via fact. Fact - some "new" - or "reacquainted" Jest fans jumped on the bandwagon because of Brett Favre. Duh, Dippy.

Dippy???????? Yippeeeeeeeeeeee If you get off bashing other fans and what they decide to purchase.It must really suck to be you...........Duh

C'mon, Garbie...am I a bandwagon fan if I get a Favre jersey? Should I get a Ratcliff or Ainge jersey and keep it real instead?

Mangold is keeping it real. Purchasing a Favre jersey is making you look like a goober Bandwagon guy. Sorry - I know that is not true - but that is the perception. I'll give you an example: Anyone that bought a Pats Moss jersey LAST year was a goober. I'm not saying that the Patriots do not have their share of bandwagon fans - that is the price you pay for being a winner or the flavor of the month, you know? But to say that the Jets are not seeing folks hop aboard the bandwgaon because of Favre is naive.

Mangold is keeping it real. Purchasing a Favre jersey is making you look like a goober Bandwagon guy. Sorry - I know that is not true - but that is the perception. I'll give you an example: Anyone that bought a Pats Moss jersey LAST year was a goober. I'm not saying that the Patriots do not have their share of bandwagon fans - that is the price you pay for being a winner or the flavor of the month, you know? But to say that the Jets are not seeing folks hop aboard the bandwgaon because of Favre is naive.

So those fans that bought the Moss jersey should have bought a Tom Brady jersey instead. And that would have been ok with you.Many fans no matter what team only buy QB jerseys I dont know why but it seems to be the persona amongst many fans.

So those fans that bought the Moss jersey should have bought a Tom Brady jersey instead. And that would have been ok with you.Many fans no matter what team only buy QB jerseys I dont know why but it seems to be the person a amongst many fans.

Que?

I think that buying the Jersey of a player (not just qb) who may, or may not, be a member of your team the following year, who is a new older vet - and not via the draft -is short-sighted and bandwagonish.

Que?

I think that buying the Jersey of a player (not just qb) who may, or may not, be a member of your team the following year, who is a new older vet - and not via the draft -is short-sighted and bandwagonish.

To a certain extent im agreeable in this situation BUT you are talking about Brett Favre. MANY liked him as a player before the NYJETS even thought about acquiring him.I just bought a Vernon Gholston authentic so I guess I am a bandwagoner also?

Im the same fan who took an authentic #4 Glenn Foley jersey and turned it into a Favre overnight.So I bought a Foley jersey I guess I was a bandwagoner then also.

To a certain extent im agreeable in this situation BUT you are talking about Brett Favre. MANY liked him as a player before the NYJETS even thought about acquiring him.I just bought a Vernon Gholston authentic so I guess I am a bandwagoner also?

Im the same fan who took an authentic #4 Glenn Foley jersey and turned it into a Favre overnight.So I bought a Foley jersey I guess I was a bandwagoner then also.

Gohlston was your #1 draft pick and he signed a five year deal.

Put it this way, if the Pats did not have Tom Brady and they acquired long-time packer Brett Favre - there is no way in hell I would buy his Jersey - I'd cheer like crazy for him, but I would not purchase the jersey of a man that will go in the hall of fame as a Packer. He's a rent-a QB. Which is fine and totally suits your needs - I'm not saying that was wrong. But no way would I buy the new jersey.

The last two JETS jersey's ive bought are now null and void, If I spend 59.99 on a Brett Favree Jersey it's gonna be null and void a year or two from now, I'll stick to Kerry Rhodes

Pickup that Clowney, being the 1st on the block with one is always a good thing.

Que?

What's short-sighted is that you think the people who ran out to buy Favre jerseys represents the majority of Jets fans.

Bandwagoners typically flock from all over to teams that recently won it all, (even if that team was caught cheating) not teams coming off a 4-12 season, riding a 40 year championship drought.

The majorty of long time Jets fans are from the tri-state area, and most of us did not run out and buy Favre jerseys.

What's short-sighted is that you think the people who ran out to buy Favre jerseys represents the majority of Jets fans.

Bandwagoners typically flock from all over to teams that recently won it all, (even if that team was caught cheating) not teams coming off a 4-12 season, riding a 40 year championship drought.

The majorty of long time Jets fans are from the tri-state area, and most of us did not run out and buy Favre jerseys.

What is silly is you thinking I said that it does. What I'm saying is that the mere fact that it occured is that you are taking on Bandwagon fans. It's a fact of life and one I will cherish - especially if anyone dare call Pats fans bandwagon fans. Simply stated (many times) I will continue to bump up this thread as retaliation. Proof is in the puddin' pal ;)

BTW - it happens when something good happens to your team. It's just the way it is.

What is silly is you thinking I said that it does. What I'm saying is that the mere fact that it occured is that you are taking on Bandwagon fans. It's a fact of life and one I will cherish - especially if anyone dare call Pats fans bandwagon fans. Simply stated (many times) I will continue to bump up this thread as retaliation. Proof is in the puddin' pal ;)

BTW - it happens when something good happens to your team. It's just the way it is.

Bump all you want Garb, but you have no idea who is purchasing all those jerseys.

I bet most are for kids bought by their parents, and by long suffering Jets fans. I'm sure their may be some bandwagoners, but that's just the way some people are in this shallow society.

What I am saying is it represents a very small percentage of Jets fans.

The majority of the Favre jersey sales are pumped up Jets fans who are happy to have him on the team. He is the biggest start power we've had in this franchise since Joe Namath retired. One of the best Quarterbacks, the best Quarterback statisically, to play the game. Are there some bandwagon fans buying them? Sure. But they're more so Favre fans than they are Jets fans or bandwagon fans. Nobody is jumping on the Jets bandwagon until they win. 99% of the jerseys that are being sold are to Jets fans who are excited and Favre fans.

I have the most hand on experience with this than anyone and not just one store, several stores.

The majority of the Favre jersey sales are pumped up Jets fans who are happy to have him on the team. He is the biggest start power we've had in this franchise since Joe Namath retired. One of the best Quarterbacks, the best Quarterback statisically, to play the game. Are there some bandwagon fans buying them? Sure. But they're more so Favre fans than they are Jets fans or bandwagon fans. Nobody is jumping on the Jets bandwagon until they win. 99% of the jerseys that are being sold are to Jets fans who are excited and Favre fans.

I have the most hand on experience with this than anyone and not just one store, several stores.

Good post 124, I totally agree, and Favre already was the higest selling Jersey in NFL history.

Proud owner of a Brett Favre jersey. So there.

Archived