Going to Jury Duty Tomorrow

Smizzy

theres no way out of it if your number gets called...

you tell then you hate blacks, Hispanics, and such...I guarantee it will end badly for you...

and just because some other judge let some other person off for some "I work on commission excuse" doesnt mean yours will let you go because of it.

Judges look it at jury duty as an honor for the working class. And, they really dont want to f*ck around with a bunch of people with a plethora of excuses...especially considering the next guy is likely to ask the judge if he can "go back to work because I work on commission" just like the guy before you!!!

i had jusry duty this past april. they started out with 170 people. By lunch, there were only a dozen of us left. I did end up getting excused from a muder trial because i said our school was lacking qualified math substitute teachers. ( which is true!!) I was their till 3:30 and now i am done for 3 years ;)

Some stockbroker in Manhattan ran into a nutball judge who got mad when the stockbroker said the defendant looked like a scumbag.Hit him with a big fine, threatened jail time -very bad.

Better course-you know a lot of cops, you would be inclined to believe them, you car has been broken into, aunt burlgalrized-what ever-and as such you could not be fair. And if they press you-no-I cannot be fair. Or you own your own business and cannot afforod to be out for any length of time-busy time of year, vacations, what ever. You're indispensible to your office.

That "Curb Your Enthusiasm" stuff could make things go bad quick.

SO i write on my thing " die hard jets fan"

And what's the first question the lawyer asks me? Will Pennington be ready week 1....i told him " to come ask Rich Cimini On JetNation.com on 8/11 @ 8pm and ask him for yourself"

LOL....

=D>=D>

And what's the first question the lawyer asks me? Will Pennington be ready week 1....i told him " to come ask Rich Cimini On JetNation.com on 8/11 @ 8pm and ask him for yourself"

LOL....

LOL....

Let me know when the judge is okay with doing the online chat. I want to ask a few questions about Belly stealing that million bucks.

Let me know when the judge is okay with doing the online chat. I want to ask a few questions about Belly stealing that million bucks.

I never got anywhere near a judge. I was in a small room with 45 other people and they grilled me like i stole somethin!

Totally agree. I mean, if you weren't clever enough to get out of jury duty in the first place, you are obviously unqualified.

completely untrue

i too went down, expecting to act like a moran to be spared BUT whne you are in a room with 20 people and 2 lawyers who are all acting very courteous and professional and start asking questions, you may lose your nerve to start saying..../"well i dont like them ni**ers much.."

they chose me for n alternate. the whole ride home i kept thinking, "what just happened?"

completely untrue

i too went down, expecting to act like a moran to be spared BUT whne you are in a room with 20 people and 2 lawyers who are all acting very courteous and professional and start asking questions, you may lose your nerve to start saying..../"well i dont like them ni**ers much.."

they chose me for n alternate. the whole ride home i kept thinking, "what just happened?"

That's what happened to me....but when he broke the ice with the Penny question...i was like " Im not sure i can sit on this jury sir....I don't want to project any of my opinions on anybody else but i think people who file lawsuits just don't wanna work and are looking to get somebody elses hard earned money"

Check please! I was out in less then 2 minutes after i sat down...and she told me i was off for the next 6 years.

haha there was this cute young chick. her excuse was that she was a dental assistant and her schedule was hectic. i laughed out loud a bit when she said it and the judge glanced at me

anyway, she was chosen

on the second day of the trial, the judge took us into a room and said that I was now an official juror because he had recieved a note from the hole saying that she cant make it because she had 3 root canals scheduled. he then told us how important it was to serve and that he just dispatched a cruiser to the dentists office and that the girl was going to be arrested in front of her coworkers and patients

haha there was this cute young chick. her excuse was that she was a dental assistant and her schedule was hectic. i laughed out loud a bit when she said it and the judge glanced at me

anyway, she was chosen

on the second day of the trial, the judge took us into a room and said that I was now an official juror because he had recieved a note from the hole saying that she cant make it because she had 3 root canals scheduled. he then told us how important it was to serve and that he just dispatched a cruiser to the dentists office and that the girl was going to be arrested in front of her coworkers and patients

There was a women in with me today ,her excuse?

She said " My husband said as long as you send someone to my house to clean up,wash the dishes and cook lunch for him then i can stay "

I laughed out loud.

smizzy, a few people eluded to that excuse. i dont remember if it worked.

i know in my trial the judge wasnt deciding. it was both lawyers who had to agree

This was a lasuit case about a doctor who hit a women driver on the highway...causing her "Post tramatic stress"

I think they pretty much knew it was a sh*t case....with me it would have been no case.

EB50, go back to bed. You are far too young to be involved in this discussion. It will all be explained to you when you get older.

please bitch. you're like 2 years older than me, what do you want a metal? I doubt you've been to juryduty, so keep your whiny mouth closed.

Archived