Cardinals WR Boldin Demanding Trade Again

Chadwick10

Lost in all of this Maddenlike talk is the fact that Boldin wants to be paid like Fitgerald. Just how much money do the Jetskins have left under the cap these days?

Restructure some contracts especially brittle and part time Coles or trade him.And make a few roster cuts to free up cap space David Barrett.

Restructure some contracts especially brittle and part time Coles or trade him.And make a few roster cuts to free up cap space David Barrett.

Boldin is less brittle than Coles now? Last year was the first time he missed a start since 2000.

Last year, Coles played in 12 games, starting 10 of them.

Last year, Boldin played in 12 games, starting 11 of them.

Last 3 seasons, Coles has started 42 games to Boldin's 41.

Last 4 seasons, Coles has started 58 games to Boldin's 50.

Since Boldin's first injury in 2004, he has completed one 16-game season. In the same time-span Coles has three.

If "brittle" is what you want to get away from, Anquan Boldin is not an upgrade to Coles in that regard.

I'm not suggesting that Coles is on a par with the game's truly elite WR's, and Boldin is probably a better WR talent, but what exactly do you think these players' respective numbers would have been if they'd been on the opposite teams the past 3 seasons? They haven't exactly been in identical situations & there wouldn't be anywhere close to the disparity in their stats if the tables were turned.

Think Boldin would have had a 1400-yard season in 2005 with the Pennington/Testaverde/Bollinger trio?

And with Pennington throwing the ball, Boldin produced 6 more yards per game (and fewer touchdowns) than Coles in 2006.

I wouldn't even begin to compare the QB situations between Arizona & New York in 2007.

And nevermind all that. Releasing David Barrett & his (now) $2.4M salary won't come close to making up for the difference between what trading Coles would free up ($4M in 2008) & what Boldin is demanding ($10M per season).

Boldin is less brittle than Coles now? Last year was the first time he missed a start since 2000.

Last year, Coles played in 12 games, starting 10 of them.

Last year, Boldin played in 12 games, starting 11 of them.

Last 3 seasons, Coles has started 42 games to Boldin's 41.

Last 4 seasons, Coles has started 58 games to Boldin's 50.

Since Boldin's first injury in 2004, he has completed one 16-game season. In the same time-span Coles has three.

If "brittle" is what you want to get away from, Anquan Boldin is not an upgrade to Coles in that regard.

I'm not suggesting that Coles is on a par with the game's truly elite WR's, and Boldin is probably a better WR talent, but what exactly do you think these players' respective numbers would have been if they'd been on the opposite teams the past 3 seasons? They haven't exactly been in identical situations & there wouldn't be anywhere close to the disparity in their stats if the tables were turned.

Think Boldin would have had a 1400-yard season in 2005 with the Pennington/Testaverde/Bollinger trio?

And with Pennington throwing the ball, Boldin produced 6 more yards per game (and fewer touchdowns) than Coles in 2006.

I wouldn't even begin to compare the QB situations between Arizona & New York in 2007.

And nevermind all that. Releasing David Barrett & his (now) $2.4M salary won't come close to making up for the difference between what trading Coles would free up ($4M in 2008) & what Boldin is demanding ($10M per season).

Couldnt have said it better.

I'm not suggesting that Coles is on a par with the game's truly elite WR's, and Boldin is probably a better WR talent...

In a nut shell you like Coles better than Boldin and feel hes the better of the 2.

Why not just post that you didn't read what I wrote instead.

What I am saying is that Boldin is not worth $10M per season plus the players/draft picks that would be required to acquire him on top of that.

Free agency & trades don't exist in a bubble. You don't get to pick up who you want like you draft people in fantasy football. They have contracts, they lust for bigger contracts, and each team has a salary cap.

I would say the Jets did plenty this off-season. More than anyone could have reasonably expected.

Why not just post that you didn't read what I wrote instead.

What I am saying is that Boldin is not worth $10M per season plus the players/draft picks that would be required to acquire him on top of that.

Free agency & trades don't exist in a bubble. You don't get to pick up who you want like you draft people in fantasy football. They have contracts, they lust for bigger contracts, and each team has a salary cap.

I would say the Jets did plenty this off-season. More than anyone could have reasonably expected.

Agreed BUT the NYJETS instantly upgraded the QB position with 1 player.Do you feel the current WRs that were ok with Chad Pennington are also ok for Brett Favre.

This guy likes to throw the ball downfield,not 15 yard dumps.Who is going to be the burner? that can stretch the field? Cotchery is absolutley gonna improve but can he handle 25 catches a game all by himself.

Agreed BUT the NYJETS instantly upgraded the QB position with 1 player.Do you feel the current WRs that were ok with Chad Pennington are also ok for Brett Favre.

This guy likes to throw the ball downfield,not 15 yard dumps.Who is going to be the burner? that can stretch the field? Cotchery is absolutley gonna improve but can he handle 25 catches a game all by himself.

We have no idea how much better Coles & Cotchery will stretch the field without Pennington. I would be more concerned with who can get open and have YAC yards.

Yes, Favre likes to throw it down the field. That doesn't mean 20 completions per game are going to be over 30 yards. It just means we'll see it more than once a month.

And what the hell is this now about - stretching the field? Both Coles and Cotchery would beat Anquan Boldin in a stretching-the-field foot race any day of the week.

The one thing (other than durability) that Boldin does NOT have is straightaway speed.

Are you referring to LC the same guy who hasnt participated in training camp 3 straight days.The same guy who wont talk to the press over the release of CP. Come on either this guy gets with the program or railroad his ass out of town.This team is built to win with or without him.

In a nut shell you like Coles better than Boldin and feel hes the better of the 2.

Ive said this all along sometimes a change of scenery does alot for a player. LC as we speak is not looking too promising for the 2008 season.I hope im wrong.

That works both ways. Sometimes a change of scenery means a guy that has been playing well plays like **** for his new team.

Are you referring to LC the same guy who hasnt participated in training camp 3 straight days.The same guy who wont talk to the press over the release of CP. Come on either this guy gets with the program or railroad his ass out of town.This team is built to win with or without him.

You feel #3 WR is such a monumental need that the Jets need to sign every washed up piece of **** that might be available, but you want to railroad Coles out of town? They are built to win without him? WTF?

If you're looking for a WR that Favre can throw the ball 30 yds. downfield to then Boldin isn't your man. You would probably be better off with Coles.

I have no particular love for Coles. But the guy's a solid receiver on the field & is more reliable than Boldin. You make it sound like we have Coles and Keary Colbert and Ben Troupe and are therefore doomed.

I still would like to see you make Boldin's $10M/yr fit under our salary cap this year, next year, and the year after. And if you're not taking that into consideration, then why stop there? We should trade Stuckey & Smith for Randy Moss & Terrell Owens (and presumably Jeremy Chokey as well), and pay each $15M per year.

LC has to be on the field to determine that.

Funny you should say that. Here's a breakdown of games played by both players since Boldin has come into the league.

Boldin - 68

Coles - 76

Another fun little fact as far as your claim that Boldin would be the deep threat. Here's a breakdown of their receptions last season over 20 yds.

Boldin:

21-30 - 4 113 yds. 1 TD

31-40 - 1 44 yds. 1 TD

41+ - 0

Coles:

21-30 - 3 84 yds.

31-40 - 0

41+ - 2 114 yds. 1 TD

All this while considering Coles had Pennington throwing him the ball while Boldin had much stronger arms throwing him the rock.

Funny you should say that. Here's a breakdown of games played by both players since Boldin has come into the league.

Boldin - 68

Coles - 76

Another fun little fact as far as your claim that Boldin would be the deep threat. Here's a breakdown of their receptions last season over 20 yds.

Boldin:

21-30 - 4 113 yds. 1 TD

31-40 - 1 44 yds. 1 TD

41+ - 0

Coles:

21-30 - 3 84 yds.

31-40 - 0

41+ - 2 114 yds. 1 TD

All this while considering Coles had Pennington throwing him the ball while Boldin had much stronger arms throwing him the rock.

So what is it you're saying?

LC has been regressing year after year.Im saying now with Favre here is LC gonna put up or shut up.If I base my prediction on training camp so far it doesnt look to promising for the 2008 season.Favre will make our WRs look like Pro-Bowlers regardless of who they are.

LC has been regressing year after year.Im saying now with Favre here is LC gonna put up or shut up.If I base my prediction on training camp so far it doesnt look to promising for the 2008 season.Favre will make our WRs look like Pro-Bowlers regardless of who they are.
Then why in the world would you want to pay Boldin 10 Mill?

He won't fit under the cap, is not worth what what he will cost and I doubt he will be more productive than Coles.

He misses more games, and does not have better straight away speed Coles does and will be just fine this year.

Been a long, long time since Kurt Warner was at the top of his game. He's a mediocre Quarterback at this stage in his career. Arizona has a great receiving core that would make any Quarterback with any brains a better QB than he really is.

Been a long, long time since Kurt Warner was at the top of his game. He's a mediocre Quarterback at this stage in his career. Arizona has a great receiving core that would make any Quarterback with any brains a better QB than he really is.

you kidding me??

go look at Kurt from last year, dude had his best post-Rams season and it was solid! he should be starter this year but they got too much tied into Leinart.

behind closed doors i bet they want Leinart to lose the job early because Kur tgives them the best change to win assuming Boldin stays

Archived