Cardinals WR Boldin Demanding Trade Again

Chadwick10

Cardinals WR Boldin Demanding Trade Again

Chris Mortensen, ESPN Monday Night Countdown

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting that Anquan Boldin is once again demanding to be traded from the Arizona Cardinals. Boldin is unhappy with his current contract and is believed to be seeking a similar contract to WR Larry Fitzgerald.

Anyone think the Jets should package Coles and a pick or another player and bring in Boldin? How sick would that be?

How quickly we want to send Coles packing!

Shipping Coles out, however immature he may be acting, will only hurt the team more at this point. Favre is a HOF QB, but he needs Coles, Cotchery, and the other receivers to help him with the playbook.

Bring in Boldin? He would be behind Favre as far as the learning curve, which is saying a lot. Favre is known for his INT's, and they would certainly increase with having both Boldin and Favre himself on different pages.

Shipping Coles out, however immature he may be acting, will only hurt the team more at this point. Favre is a HOF QB, but he needs Coles, Cotchery, and the other receivers to help him with the playbook.

Bring in Boldin? He would be behind Favre as far as the learning curve, which is saying a lot. Favre is known for his INT's, and they would certainly increase with having both Boldin and Favre himself on different pages.

It's not necessarily that i want to send Coles packing, but an oppurtunity to upgrade at a position, you have to at least explore. Good Point on on the learning curve.

People can never be happy with what we got. The only thing I don't like about this team is the kicker position and the FS position.

You should never be happy with what you have. If you aren't looking to somehow improve and get better then you are and will lose. You must continue to upgrade if at any chance possible. I wouldn't think twice about trading Coles and Baker for Boldin and a draft pick. Coles isn't going to be the stud he is forever. I give him another 3 years tops. Baker is a great te, but I think and I hate to say this because I was so against Keller when we drafted him, is going to take over the receiving aspect of the te position. Boldin is younger and better even now then coles. The draft pick would pretty much just be filler. Having said all that. The Cards aren't trading Boldin. So stop your whinning and be happy with what you got.

People can never be happy with what we got. The only thing I don't like about this team is the kicker position and the FS position.

So you're confident with a 30+ year old Wide Receiver with concussion problems and now a leg injury but you're not confident in a run stopping, effective blitzer at FS in Abram Elam? Interesting.

It would not take long for a WR to pick things up, not nearly as much to it compared to a QB. Not saying that it will happen, but anyone who doesn't think that Boldin is a huge upgrade over Coles (Who I am happy with, not looking to ship him out) is insane.

It would not take long for a WR to pick things up, not nearly as much to it compared to a QB. Not saying that it will happen, but anyone who doesn't think that Boldin is a huge upgrade over Coles (Who I am happy with, not looking to ship him out) is insane.

It's an upgrade but the season is just about two weeks away.

Do you see something here that I don't.

Coles compliments Cotchery better than Boldin would. Cotchery and Boldin are actually nearly identical players.

Boldins a bit better, but also has the injury history.

Boldin is much better than Cotchery. Also Coles plays similar to him as well, all three are possesion WR's. Boldin is just much better than them. He is an absolute monster with the ball in his hands.

Boldin has played one 16-game season in his last 4 and has never had double-digit touchdowns. He is not worth the $10M/year he's seeking (on top of the players needed to trade away to get him). Sorry, but he wants more money than Randy Moss.

Fitzgerald got that contract because the Cardinals were in a bind with his cap #'s scheduled to be $15M in 2008 and $17M in 2009 before becoming a FA in 2010.

Boldin is in a different situation with Arizona, who gave him a giant new contract after his 2nd year (where he missed like half the season & didn't put up such great numbers when he did play that year). All the same, they gave him the giant bump he requested. That was 3 years ago & now he wants another new contract.

He could have played out his 3rd year normally & gotten a giant payday going into his 4th (and final) season of his rookie contract. He chose the sure-money-now because he was coming off an injury season & this is the other side of that route that players take (same with Baker, same with Coles). And unfortunately for Boldin, the Cardinals feel this way. Particularly for a player who has given them one full season in three since getting that bump in salary.

I'm not saying he's a downgrade to Coles or Coles/Baker or whatever. But no way, at this time, is he worth Coles + Baker + $10M/yr.

i like boldin but coles balances cotch out you cant have two of the same WRs. if somehow we can make a deal and have boldin,cotch,and coles then ill say super bowl x10

and i got a question with packers getting a conditional pick how could we send draft picks?

To your first point, there's no way we could get Boldin for less than a first round pick if you want to keep Coles as well. There's also no way that we could fit that under our cap. We simply don't have that kind of cap space after adding the new contracts for Favre, Pace, Woody, Faneca, Jenkins, Gholston, and Rhodes.

To your question, the answer is that we'd have to work out something with Arizona whereby if the Jets get to a superbowl & owe GB their first round pick, then Arizona would get something more, like the Jets' 2nd or 3rd rounder in 2009 plus their first rounder in 2010. You can't expect Arizona to give up a star receiver & get nothing in return for 2 years without getting over-compensated for it.

It's all moot anyway. We have no cap room for Boldin. And not just for this year, but those players I mentioned are signed for a lot longer than just 2008 and their cap numbers go up every year, not down.

Archived