Mangini Sweating Miamis' Running Game.

crashingjet

Discuss...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/dolphins/home.htm

"I got my fill of Ricky Williams when we played him before and he had a ton of yards against us when in New England," said Mangini, then a defensive assistant under Bill Belichick.

"He looks outstanding. He really does. He looks like I remember; runs hard, make the same cuts he used to make.

"He's a difficult back to get ready for. Add in Ronnie Brown and the problems that he creates with the physical front they have, it'll be a challenge."

In six career meetings against the Jets

Now I am worried. I would have expected Mangini to say something like:

"Ricky Williams? Yeah, we are just shaking in our boots about facing a 31 year old pothead RB who hasn't played in the last 2 years".

It is very unusual for coaches to praise opponents in the week leading up to a game. :rolleyes:

Gee I hope Manjudias is sweating, he needs to loose a couble of lbs.. :Nuts:. So does his buddy O Tanenbum.. But that is ok, because after week the 3 the Farve love fest, the wild card talk and everything else , this will be 93 for the jets all over again.. 8-8 or 9-7 , no playoffs, Farve back home in missisppi.. And the 2 genius of the jets regime will rest in the land of Kottite... Hey Good luck tom, we have a exhibition game against that great head coach you used to have, Im sure we are preping up on how to shut down Brett interception maching.. :Nuts:

this is why the jets replaced vilma, drob, and hobson with harris, jenkins, and pace.

if the jets can't stop the run tomorrow they never will. this team is improved at just about every position on both sides of the ball. granted 4-12 is easy to improve from but i am cautiosly optimistic that this team has a legit shot at making a run in january. a loss tomorrow would be devastating.

I'm not 'sweating' Miami's running game but it is what concerns me the most. The Jets simply HAVE to stop the run. If we don't we will see a lot of play action coming our way, something we know Chad is very good at.

If we stop the Fins running game, they have nothing on offense.

Archived