The Official Jets vs Miami Week One Thread

Maxman

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miami had a nice little run at the in, but it shouldn't and wouldn't have been that close to begin with if it weren't for Nugent's injuries and Coles two dropped passes.

Miami has a young team though that will compete in 2009.

Great play by Darrelle Revis and The Great Hype Ted Ginn was kept silent.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

Make no mistake about it, we're not lucky to leave Miami with a 20-14 win, Miami is lucky they had the chance at the end. At that point, it should've been AT LEAST 24-14 Jets.

honest to god, i couldnt even watch those last 4 plays... I literally had my head buried in a pillow listening to the tv announcers.

Just saw a replay of the Revis pick....Man was that a clutch play, Revis had Ginn draped all day today as well.

I also cant believe we stayed in a man coverage so long, I was almost sure we'd see a lot of zone blitzes, guarding the middle of the field, and force Penny to throw to the sidelines. Thats what teams did to us last year and it worked pretty well.

Miami had a nice little run at the in, but it shouldn't and wouldn't have been that close to begin with if it weren't for Nugent's injuries and Coles two dropped passes.

Make no mistake about it, we're not lucky to leave Miami with a 20-14 win, Miami is lucky they had the chance at the end. At that point, it should've been AT LEAST 24-14 Jets.

Your boy Nuge is garbage.

honest to god, i couldnt even watch those last 4 plays... I literally had my head buried in a pillow listening to the tv announcers.

Just saw a replay of the Revis pick....Man was that a clutch play, Revis had Ginn draped all day today as well.

I also cant believe we stayed in a man coverage so long, I was almost sure we'd see a lot of zone blitzes, guarding the middle of the field, and force Penny to throw to the sidelines. Thats what teams did to us last year and it worked pretty well.

*****!

:lol:

It's about time you see the talent in him :P

Saw the talent a long time ago.. Just because I don't think he's good on a crossing route and don't think he's a probowler YET (keep making plays like he did today and he is....) doesn't mean I don't see talent.

Yeah, you're right, that play where Pennington was almost sacked on 4th and 13 then just heaved it up without looking was pretty lucky.

.....wait.....:confused:

Take away that bull crap TD pass by Favre and the Dolphins kick the game winning field goal there at the end.

I don't see how you guys can come away from that game pleased with the way your team looks. It's better to win ugly than to lose pretty, but both those teams are bad.

Take away that TD and the whole game changes... lol

Are you stupid? Its not like that pass was on 4th down... there would have been more plays and a different game after that.

Take away that bull crap TD pass by Favre and the Dolphins kick the game winning field goal there at the end.

I don't see how you guys can come away from that game pleased with the way your team looks. It's better to win ugly than to lose pretty, but both those teams are bad.

Oh, what are we 12 now?

The 1-15 gave the 4-12 team a scare. Good game, New York, we'll see you in December for a meaningless game.

Well it wont be meaningless for us since we'll be playing for more than 16 games this year.

It wont be that meaningless for you either. It'll decide if you are picking 1st in the draft or second, next year.

STFU man. stop with the excuses, BS TD?????? we didnt have a kicker we had no choice to go for it, and you know what we beat your defense on that play! if your team truly deserved the win they wouldnt give up a TD on 4th and 13. our defense shut you down all day 4 SACKS!

go cry in your bed for another long season.

and I am pleased with the team. The offense did very good, the defense held their own, and we didnt have a kicker so we were under even more pressure. I like this team.

Was I right or was I right?

"But in the last two minutes, Darrelle Revis picks off Pennington, sealing the win."

http://jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=960651#post960651

Glad the Jets won. Our playcalling was crap at the end, and the penalties almost killed us. Let's hope they work out the kinks, and that Nugent is okay after the thigh problem.

Take away that TD and the whole game changes... lol

Are you stupid? Its not like that pass was on 4th down... there would have been more plays and a different game after that.

He's a mOron.Talking garbage before the game and all. Thank goodness he'll be gone till we play them again.

You guys are absolutely hilarious. We would've won anyways if Nuge was there and we didn't get that "lucky" TD. With a healthy Nuge, that's +3 from earlier and another +3 from what would've been a field goal on that fourth down. That's +6, compared to the +6 we got from that TD. That's equal. Don't call us lucky, just admit you lost and move on.

Archived