The New York Jets Must Show No Mercy to the New England Patriots

Jetscode1

The writer sums up my thoughts very well...The JETS need to take advantage of this opportunity. Not because we are glad that Brady got hurt but because the opportunity exists to establish dominance over an enemy that is weak. Remind them of their darkest days and leave a lasting impression for years to come. No mercy!

by Angel Navedo

Over the last five years, the New England Patriots have taken advantage of every single one of the New York Jets’ weaknesses. They have exploited the team's vulnerabilities, blitzed third-string quarterbacks, stacked up against running backs, and have bullied our defenders.

And it was all done in the name of AFC East supremacy.

The New England Patriots enjoyed every single minute of it. Every opportunity to establish dominance in the AFC East was graciously accepted by Tom Brady and his team. Any advantage that resulted in another notch for the win column was embraced.

I wouldn’t expect anything less. In fact, it’s the approach to football I hope the New York Jets will now adopt.

Sweep the leg.

This is professional sports, people. Injuries happen. It’s the nature of the business.

I don’t like seeing players injured, and I try my best not to wish such harm on anyone. But it’s something you have to accept in the game. One bad plant, one awkward fall, or the slightest step in the wrong direction can result in injury. We’ve seen it happen on our side of the ball too often.

It’s now time for the New York Jets to capitalize on the changing fortunes. When the Jets were bitten by the injury bug, it was never accepted as a factor in their failures. It’s New England’s turn to justify their losses.

This is what the world calls, “Karma.”

We cannot allow anyone to take this opportunity from us. No one can cheapen the sweet taste of victory for our team. Bill Belichick needs to be reminded who he's been in his career without Tom Brady. The New England Patriots' fans need flashbacks to their darker times.

And who better to usher them in than the New York Jets?

We have to be cold. We have to stomp over their bodies, smiling as the light leaves their eyes. We have to aggravate Randy Moss and remind the NFL who he is when he doesn’t have a good quarterback. We have to stack the box and show Matt Cassel that we’re not worried about him.

New England needs to be deflated.

No mercy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/55662-the-new-york-jets-must-show-no-mercy-to-the-new-england-patriots#

Another just silly angle by the media. Why would any team show any other team any kind of mercy on game day? You are supposed to score as many points as possible and, conversly, you are supposed to stop the team from scoring on you. This is football, not little league baseball. Of course you try to take advantage of a teams weakness if it presents itself. Who wrote this crap?

That said, wishing season ending injury on the leagues star qb - and the one that routinely wins the division you are in - is not cool. You all know who you are.

If possible we MUST blow them out without regard to sportsmanship. Hell, they did it last season for the first give games. I remember a game when Tom was up 42-10 and he went for it on 4th and 4 even though the game was already won. If given such an opportunity with Cassel being in a HOSTILE environment and folding under pressure, we MUST completely OWN them.

*crosses fingers*

If possible we MUST blow them out without regard to sportsmanship. Hell, they did it last season for the first give games. I remember a game when Tom was up 42-10 and he went for it on 4th and 4 even though the game was already won. If given such an opportunity with Cassel being in a HOSTILE environment and folding under pressure, we MUST completely OWN them.

*crosses fingers*

Exactly. I mentioned this in another thread about running up the score when the game is already out of hand. There's no need for it, that's bush league. But no one has ever accused a BB team of having any class or sportsmanship. However, if the oppotunity presents itself this season I would love some team to give them a taste of their own medicine.

wishing season ending injury on the leagues star qb - and the one that routinely wins the division you are in - is not cool. You all know who you are.

agreed

imagine the pain of tearing an ACL, I certainly am thankful I've never had a major injury, just an ankle sprain

i know plenty of people who've had to go under the knife for tonsa crap, you're never fully healed after injuries

Exactly. I mentioned this in another thread about running up the score when the game is already out of hand. There's no need for it, that's bush league. But no one has ever accused a BB team of having any class or sportsmanship. However, if the oppotunity presents itself this season I would love some team to give them a taste of their own medicine.

I'm actually hoping it's my team that hangs 40 plus on em'. It would kinda make up for some of the losses the past few years. ;)

Archived