Wayne C. on WFAN today said.........

Kleckineau

He really misses the game a ton and wishes he could be involved again on any level, coaching, broadcasting etc.

Are you suprised as I am that NYJ havent offered him a position?!

I would think he would be a great addition to their staff.

Is it because he is from the prior regime?

Do you think guys like Stuckey, Clowney could benefit from his experience?

:confused:

He really misses the game a ton and wishes he could be involved again on any level, coaching, broadcasting etc.

Are you suprised as I am that NYJ havent offered him a position?!

I would think he would be a great addition to their staff.

Is it because he is from the prior regime?

Do you think guys like Stuckey, Clowney could benefit from his experience?

:confused:

Funny , this year at his restaurant he told me the same thing. Wayne sat with me and my family at my table for 15 minutes and talked about everything, he told my kid who plays pop warner to keep it up and someday you may be in the NFL. My kids mouth dropped. What a guy he is .

I asked him straight out what he felt about Chad's arm (before Brett was a jet )

He grinned and told me its not like Vinny's !

Wayne Chrebet is by far my favorite Jet and for everything he's done for the city, the team, the fans, and the organization as a whole, the Jets more than owe him any position he sought after. Guys like Stuckey and Clowney could definitely learn from someone like Chrebet who could teach them how to sacrifice your body for the ball and to play with heart which is something rarely found in the NFL's recievers these days.

Wayne Chrebet is by far my favorite Jet and for everything he's done for the city, the team, the fans, and the organization as a whole, the Jets more than owe him any position he sought after. Guys like Stuckey and Clowney could definitely learn from someone like Chrebet who could teach them how to sacrifice your body for the ball and to play with heart which is something rarely found in the NFL's recievers these days.

I have no idea whether he possesses the qualities of a good coach. The people who would know that are probably the ones who have not brought him on board to this point.

I have no idea whether he possesses the qualities of a good coach. The people who would know that are probably the ones who have not brought him on board to this point.

I'd say that's probably exactly right.

Maybe he should take a couple broadcasting classes in his spare time. He couldn't be any worse than Greg Buttle or Ray Lucas, right?

It's not like he's going to have an intricate part of the team thrust into his hands, have him be an assistant to an assistant, either way just having him as someone to look up to would be good enough for the young recievers we have.

Funny , this year at his restaurant he told me the same thing. Wayne sat with me and my family at my table for 15 minutes and talked about everything, he told my kid who plays pop warner to keep it up and someday you may be in the NFL. My kids mouth dropped. What a guy he is .

That's the truth. I met him at a cafe when I worked in Jersey years ago. I was amazed by how amiable he was. Great guy, great Jet.

Archived