Company cashes in on Brady injury

NY JETS 29

There's a company out there that's taking great delight in Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard's perfectly legal hit of Tom Brady that sadly ended Brady's season. The company apparently is trying to cash in as well by putting out a Pollard T-shirt, which hasn't exactly thrilled the folks out in New England. The T-shirt comes complete with a crossed out No. 12. Patriots cornerback Ellis Hobbs told the Boston Globe he can't believe people can be so thoughtless.

Kansas City Star

ME AND 124 WILL BE CENTER STAGE ON SUNDAY THEN I GUESS....HAHA

There's a company out there that's taking great delight in Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard's perfectly legal hit of Tom Brady that sadly ended Brady's season. The company apparently is trying to cash in as well by putting out a Pollard T-shirt, which hasn't exactly thrilled the folks out in New England. The T-shirt comes complete with a crossed out No. 12. Patriots cornerback Ellis Hobbs told the Boston Globe he can't believe people can be so thoughtless.

Kansas City Star

So hardcore and mature! Way to go, you!

See what happens when you cheat your way to the top? The entire country delights at your misfortune.

you know the jets were caught doing the same thing with the camera right? But go ahead, keep saying that every post. You're so cool.

See what happens when you cheat your way to the top? The entire country delights at your misfortune.

It's actually jealousy turned hate because the team has been on top - or near the top - for seven years running (2002 excluded ;).

However, as you say, what goes around, comes around....and hate only begets hate. If I were you, I'd keep your fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

Kansas City Star

Thanks for the link.

I bought one and mailed to the NEP in Foxboro.

actually I have no desire to even see the shirt...it is in poor taste but that is just me. And with luck like that Cassell will torch us.

well mine is red so it wont be worn just brought, on the other hand 124 will be sporting his the whole day. im not sure red and a green rhodes jersey is the example i want to make.

Pats fans are hilarious. They run around like a Jet fan or team member ran out there and hit Brady about the leg area like Jeff Galooly.

Why would Jets fans need to worry about karma....they had nothing to do with the injury or the profit from it.

A Steeler fan made those shirts.....but Pats fans are pissed at Jets fans for it.

Think we're in your heads just a little?

Your on record as finding that offensive......twice now.

I don't find it offensive. To be honest I just don't understand it. It just goes to show how big of douchebags there are. And yes I'm talking about the ones who actually spend their money on them. If you guys don't mind being lumped in with clowns like Oakland Raiders and Philadelphia Eagles fans then I guess that's just alright by me.

Instead of running to the NFL like Fatso did, BB just handled the situation in house.

This has been proven to not be true numerous times, with the NFL even backing the Jets' version of events, but keep on claiming the Jets were caught as well if it makes you feel better about your team being caught and fined.

When Vinny went down in '99, that may have been the low point of my sport fandom. I absolutely thought that was going to be a special year, and it all came tumbling down with a Curtis Martin bobble and a Vinny clutch of his ankle.

But that is sport. Injuries happen. And injuries allow opportunity. Previously, that new opportunity worked in favor of the Patriots. This time, we will have to see.

As well, injury allows other teams opportunity. It is the ebb and flow of sport. Am I supposed to feign sorrow over a competitors poor plight? I don't even know Tom Brady. And I am pretty sure he would not feel sorry for me if I got laid off my job.

Tom Brady got hurt in a contact sport where injuries happen. He will recover. He will still collect his checks. He will still have his rings.

If Tom played his last football game last week, he will have done more than most others in the sport.

Am I too feel sorry for his plight? Should I feel guilty if this gives my team an advantage to win?

Please, on all of this.

When Vinny went down in '99, that may have been the low point of my sport fandom. I absolutely thought that was going to be a special year, and it all came tumbling down with a Curtis Martin bobble and a Vinny clutch of his ankle.

But that is sport. Injuries happen. And injuries allow opportunity. Previously, that new opportunity worked in favor of the Patriots. This time, we will have to see.

As well, injury allows other teams opportunity. It is the ebb and flow of sport. Am I supposed to feign sorrow over a competitors poor plight? I don't even know Tom Brady. And I am pretty sure he would not feel sorry for me if I got laid off my job.

Tom Brady got hurt in a contact sport where injuries happen. He will recover. He will still collect his checks. He will still have his rings.

If Tom played his last football game last week, he will have done more than most others in the sport.

Am I too feel sorry for his plight? Should I feel guilty if this gives my team an advantage to win?

Please, on all of this.

It's not the whole compassion thing that I find sickening. When Vinny got hurt, I honestly didn't care. Probably didn't even flinch when it happened. That being said, the weeks leading up that game I wasn't praying out loud for him to get injured and when he did I didn't make jokes about it and celebrate. Sure, you can use that excuse that some Patriots fans did make light of the situation but that doesn't give you free reign to be a douchebag too.

It's not the whole compassion thing that I find sickening. When Vinny got hurt, I honestly didn't care. Probably didn't even flinch when it happened. That being said, the weeks leading up that game I wasn't praying out loud for him to get injured and when he did I didn't make jokes about it and celebrate. Sure, you can use that excuse that some Patriots fans did make light of the situation but that doesn't give you free reign to be a douchebag too.

Wishing and praying, I can guarantee did not have any effect on the situation that happened on Sunday. If I am wrong on this, oh well, see some of you in a warmer place.

People having reaction to it, either empathy or joy, are not going to change what happened Sunday. I am positive of that too, unless Marty McFly is a Pats fan.

This happens in football. That it happened to Tom Brady is just a cruel side note.

I do not get choked up over side notes. In fact, I will take the advantage.

This has nothing to do about rooting for injuries or if what we root for actually happens. More about celebrating on a t shirt when an injury happens. I did not see pats or fish fans walking around with "yeah vinny got hurt" shirts... that act is what I am talking about.... and when Jet fans wear it they just continue the fan base's legacy.

Wishing and praying, I can guarantee did not have any effect on the situation that happened on Sunday. If I am wrong on this, oh well, see some of you in a warmer place.

People having reaction to it, either empathy or joy, are not going to change what happened Sunday. I am positive of that too, unless Marty McFly is a Pats fan.

This happens in football. That it happened to Tom Brady is just a cruel side note.

I do not get choked up over side notes. In fact, I will take the advantage.

I think you're missing my point. I know that none of that has any effect on things. It comes down to the bottom line that it's really $hitty as a human being to wish and find humor in those kind of things. It's just sportsmanship 101 which unfortunately is something that is vanishing in this day and age.

This has nothing to do about rooting for injuries or if what we root for actually happens. More about celebrating on a t shirt when an injury happens. I did not see pats or fish fans walking around with "yeah vinny got hurt" shirts... that act is what I am talking about.... and when Jet fans wear it they just continue the fan base's legacy.

Please don't lump every one into a fan base and paint them with a broad brush.

A T-shirt was made to make some money, and there will be people that buy it. Business operates that way. Some consider it cute. Some consider it clever. Some consider it vile.

But a company will make some money off of it, and that is why it was manufactured. And for every product, there must be some type of demand. And I am will sure there will be.

It does not taint any one fandom. It does not make us heartless.

The sun will come up tomorrow. Guaranteed. The world moves on. Whether Tom Brady is at QB of the Patriots or not. Everything surrounding it is flotsam. Not worth mentioning as it does not change or affect the result.

I think you're missing my point. I know that none of that has any effect on things. It comes down to the bottom line that it's really $hitty as a human being to wish and find humor in those kind of things. It's just sportsmanship 101 which unfortunately is something that is vanishing in this day and age.

It's a cruel world, I know. It sucks even more when that cruelty effects something you had emotional ties to.

Even football. Forgive me if my football agenda does not tie to your affiliation.

Hallmark makes a killing on this kind of stuff.

It's a cruel world, I know. It sucks even more when that cruelty effects something you had emotional ties to.

Even football. Forgive me if my football agenda does not tie to your affiliation.

Hallmark makes a killing on this kind of stuff.

Turn your ego meter down two or three clicks. This isn't even about you. You said yourself that you didn't gloat or laugh about the injury. You just don't care. That's just fine by may. I would have felt the same way if it was Favre.

Please, on all of this.

You don't need to feel sorry for him nor sympathy. But there is a clear difference between apathy for another's pain and buying a T-shirt to celebrate it.

I don't recall any T-shirt celebrating Testiverdes injury nor Marino.

Turn your ego meter down two or three clicks. This isn't even about you. You said yourself that you didn't gloat or laugh about the injury. You just don't care. That's just fine by may. I would have felt the same way if it was Favre.

I am telling you how I feel. I you feel that is a demonstration of ego, so be it.

If you want to tell me how I should feel about a football injury, especially a football injury which ties to something which you feel strongly about, well color me black if I don't really give a huge whimper about that.

Tom Brady was not there wishing me well when I was in the parents/kids softball game and tore my hamstring running out an infield hit (I was safe).

The game went on. Some say I probably deserved it, coaching their kids so hard to stay down on ground balls. The league went on. Everything turned out ok.

You don't need to feel sorry for him nor sympathy. But there is a clear difference between apathy for another's pain and buying a T-shirt to celebrate it.

I don't recall any T-shirt celebrating Testiverdes injury nor Marino.

If a t-shirt and mere words written on can cause you consternation, I will wish that I had such a simple life.

I am telling you how I feel. I you feel that is a demonstration of ego, so be it.

If you want to tell me how I should feel about a football injury, especially a football injury which ties to something which you feel strongly about, well color me black if I don't really give a huge whimper about that.

Tom Brady was not there wishing me well when I was in the parents/kids softball game and tore my hamstring running out an infield hit (I was safe).

The game went on. Some say I probably deserved it, coaching their kids so hard to stay down on ground balls. The league went on. Everything turned out ok.

:rl: WTF man? I don't see how you're not grasping this. I'm not sure how I can make it any clearer. You don't give a $hit either way and I'm just fine with that. You also weren't celebrating, joking or spending $20 on a t-shirt and that's fine with me as well.

Face it. If the shoe was on the other foot, and Favre went down week 1, we'd all be screaming that the maker of those shirts had no class... We'd all be angry and someone would get an email address of the company, post it here, and try to get people to write to them what dickheads they are.

But because it's of the best player, on our greatest competition, some people celebrate it. That's fine, but you should be aware of the blatant hypocrisy of that.

If a t-shirt and mere words written on can cause you consternation, I will wish that I had such a simple life.

Wear whatever you want.

Those shirts speaks volumes about the character of the person who wears it.

And if wearing such a t-shirt brings joy to your life then you have my sympathy in your miserable existence.

PS I wasn't talking about apathy towards fans pain, I was talking about apathy towards Brady pain.

Archived