Some Notes FRom Florham Park Today

jetsrule128

http://jets.lohudblogs.com/

Jane Mcmanus wrote this

WR David Clowney took a few minutes in the whirlpool, RB Thomas Jones was on the weight machines and CB Dwight Lowery walked with what looked like a slight limp out of the locker room today after the Jets final practice before the Patriots game at 4:15 on Sunday afternoon.

General manager Mike Tannenbaum and team owner Woody Johnson strolled in at about 1:30 p.m., at the end of the media

I hope so jw...but lately he's sounded like a jilted lover...a creepy one at that

nah. it's coles. he's asked the same friggin question 10 different ways x 10 different reporters. He is just stating the obvious. they aren't in sync & it's different.

the beauty of coles is he doesn't bring that crap to the game with him. when the whistle blows he goes to work

I hope so jw...but lately he's sounded like a jilted lover...a creepy one at that

Yeah, there was a story in my local paper about Coles still being upset over Chad's departure. What is this guy's problem? Forget it already. People get cut, hurt or traded every day in the NFL, even friends. The article also had a quote from Favre who said he thought the end zone throw to Coles was a touchdown. Favre expected Coles to cut in sooner. See, that's what happens when you sit on the sidelines and sulk instead of taking some throws from your new QB.

on the coles situation, read the player interviews from thursday and his seemed like he didnt care to answer the questions or care to want to gain some chemistry with favre. i love coles on the field, he is a warrior and that you have to respect. im a huge coles fan, but finally getting tired of this crap.

There is no issues between Coles and Favre. Favre has said it in interviews. Mangini has said it in interviews. Cotchery said it in his interviews.

There is no issue here. Injury issues, perhaps. But no personal issues.

thank you. he's allowed to be upset about chads departure. he's allowed to say he's not in sync with favre. absolutely nothin wrong with what he said.

he has proven time after time he is a warrior who is willing to play thru injury & pain.

he was not sitting on the sideline sulking borgoguy. this ain't abraham.

on the coles situation, read the player interviews from thursday and his seemed like he didnt care to answer the questions or care to want to gain some chemistry with favre.
Are you serious???

WOW...he does sound like a jilted lover. I hate to say it, but I don't see Coles as a Jet for too much longer. If he's that upset and if he's going to cause problems by not wanting to fit into the chemistry of the new look Jets, trade him anywhere but in the AFC East.

And this is precisely why he didn't want to talk to the press. They're willing to twist anything he says around in their articles because they know full well how to manipulate their Lemming readers. People keep saying he should let it go? It's not LC who is asking the questions. These reporters need to let it go, but they won't because they know there are plenty of people ready to read the crap they write, because the fans can't let it go.

I swear, Jets' fans treat the players on their own team worse than the opposition's players.

SoFla, I kinda thought the same thing when i read what he said, but after seeing him on snytv say it himself he sounds like he's just saying it like it is. his language doesn't translate to print in the same way he said it. he honestly sounds just fine.

but at the same time i hope it's not beyond his getting a girlfriend. :shock:

thank you. he's allowed to be upset about chads departure. he's allowed to say he's not in sync with favre. absolutely nothin wrong with what he said.

he has proven time after time he is a warrior who is willing to play thru injury & pain.

he was not sitting on the sideline sulking borgoguy. this ain't abraham.

Coles has been one of my favorite players both times he was with us. Like you, I always admired him for his tenacity and fearlessness. I accept that you are giving him a pass, but I am not. He could have handled his resentment at Chad's dismissal in private, but decided to be snippy about it in public to the media. No joking around, I think it's really strange how he has been carrying on about Chad. It's not like he's a rookie. He knows how the NFL works regarding guys getting cut or traded. If Coles were legitimately injured, I can accept it. But don't bring down the organization because they made a business decision--much like when he took the money to sign with Washington, proving that he does indeed know how the NFL works--and also upgraded the QB position.

Coles has been one of my favorite players both times he was with us. Like you, I always admired him for his tenacity and fearlessness. I accept that you are giving him a pass, but I am not. He could have handled his resentment at Chad's dismissal in private, but decided to be snippy about it in public to the media. No joking around, I think it's really strange how he has been carrying on about Chad. It's not like he's a rookie. He knows how the NFL works regarding guys getting cut or traded. If Coles were legitimately injured, I can accept it. But don't bring down the organization because they made a business decision--much like when he took the money to sign with Washington, proving that he does indeed know how the NFL works--and also upgraded the QB position.

:rl:bring down the organization. good lordy mama :rl:

:rl:bring down the organization. good lordy mama :rl:

You know what I meant. Keep this petty crap internal. Favre's here 30 seconds and he's bitching about the move. I respect you, but why are you cutting him a break? You read the posts. I'm not the only one that thinks Coles is acting strange.

You know what I meant. Keep this petty crap internal. Favre's here 30 seconds and he's bitching about the move. I respect you, but why are you cutting him a break? You read the posts. I'm not the only one that thinks Coles is acting strange.

media digs for crap like this cause they know it'll get a rise out of fans. if we ignore it maybe they'll stop. thats my angle. this is a non story imo. this is coles being coles.

what the hell was he supposed to say when asked if his best friend who happens to be his friggin q'back got cut? he answered honestly. he is fine. brett is fine. chad is fine. this is a non issue. just watch & see how he & brett do sunday

Correction: a jilted "warrior", because, as everyone knows: "Coles is a warrior!" A "warrior" with supposed 9.3 speed out of college who never gets behind even a pedestrian DB. A "warrior" who has managed to be injured enough to miss training camp the last few years. And a lot of games last year. A "warrior" who had a hissy fit when his friend (who he admits he never even watches film with) was released. He better start producing. He has been a bag of hot (but "warrior") air for the past year and a half.

Archived