I withhold judgement on Jets until.......

SouthernJet

Favre learns the whole playbook and has a better rapore with the receivers...

He and Jets offense will get better as each week goes by, so lets not panic yet..cassel knows the system and is comfortable and it showed..

A play here or a play there and the game is different..It wasnt out of reach..

pats deserved it but it could have gone either way,,missed FG, 1 and goal at 2 etc..

So lets wait a bit and see what a few week sbrings,,,

If we lose to SD so what?

Next 4 games after that we will be favored......

Now kickers,,,thats a different f'in subject :(

Favre learns the whole playbook and has a better rapore with the receivers...

He and Jets offense will get better as each week goes by, so lets not panic yet..cassel knows the system and is comfortable and it showed..

A play here or a play there and the game is different..It wasnt out of reach..

pats deserved it but it could have gone either way,,missed FG, 1 and goal at 2 etc..

So lets wait a bit and see what a few week sbrings,,,

If we lose to SD so what?

Next 4 games after that we will be favored......

Now kickers,,,thats a different f'in subject :(

We were favored yesterday ,a lot of good that did us ,we have a future HOF QB on this team now ,how about letting him throw the ball 20+ yards downfield to open things up a bit?

We were favored yesterday ,a lot of good that did us ,we have a future HOF QB on this team now ,how about letting him throw the ball 20+ yards downfield to open things up a bit?

again,,patience with the rapore thats needed and a understanding of ALL plays at his disposal..

game was close and w ehad a guy who has average rapore with recievers and doesnt know all playbook yet at a proficent level,,

week 4 is where i think we see the Jets the way you want to see them...

If we can make it into the Bye Week at 2-2, which is what we wanted to see to begin with, then we should be in good shape starting in Week 6 against Cincinnati followed by a roadtrip to Oakland and a return home game against Kansas City. In those three games the offense can really get together and put on a string of impressive performances.

Again though, we have to be at worst 2-2 at the Bye Week. 1-3 could kill us.

If we can make it into the Bye Week at 2-2, which is what we wanted to see to begin with, then we should be in good shape starting in Week 6 against Cincinnati followed by a roadtrip to Oakland and a return home game against Kansas City. In those three games the offense can really get together and put on a string of impressive performances.

Again though, we have to be at worst 2-2 at the Bye Week. 1-3 could kill us.

I wouldn't count Arizona as a sure win right now. They look pretty tough so far.

Actually, Jets were one point dogs at five minutes to game time.

It;s kinda hard taking those 20+ yard shots when you have to throw off your back foot 90% of the time.

Maybe I need to watch the game again on Tivo but it seemed like there was alot of times where protection broke down and Favre had to either throw off his back football or just throw it up for grabs.

They will be fine though.

Yup SJ, agree completely. I have seen enough glimpses from this offense to convince me that we will be tough to deal with down the road. We need time to things to come together. The early bye should help, IMO after that we should play to our full potential or near enough.

I'd love to agree and the personel is here to make that happen. My fear is the sackless OC and his boss.

Goll darnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are going to be fine, and I have upped my predictioon on season from 10-6 t o11-5 after seeing them play a very close game to Pats wit ha QB new to our playbook and players and on a obvioulsy off day kicking......

we are going to be fine,,wildcard city here we come..........

d_7445.jpg

Archived