Is Coles Man-Love for Chad hurting his play?

SouthernJet

I am willing to give Coles the benefit of the doubt. He has been a warrior for us to throw him under the bus at this point.

However. I just watched the replay of his long catch and run. He had Baker in front of him doing a nice job of screening one DB while another DB was closing in at an angle. On the replay, it looked like Coles just ran into Baker's back which allowed the other DB to tackle him. WTF? If he just cut outside of Baker, it was an easy TD. Where is this guy's head?

It's a lot easier to say that looking at a replay on the TV. When Coles is running in realtime it's a little more difficult to think things through. I see your point though, I think he could have had a TD, tough to criticize him for it tough, he may have seen something different or expected something different.

It's a lot easier to say that looking at a replay on the TV. When Coles is running in realtime it's a little more difficult to think things through. I see your point though, I think he could have had a TD, tough to criticize him for it tough, he may have seen something different or expected something different.

He might have just ran out of gas too. Especially in that heat. He can't be in top shape yet with recovering from a leg injury that didn't allow him to practice much.

I just can't get over the abuse he's getting over two ****ing drops!!! As though any other good WR has never dropped a ****ing pass. Who remembers Cotch towards the end of last season where he seemed to be dropping as many as he was catching. Yet for some reason people don't give him a hard time like they would with LC. Coles was better than Cotchery yesterday and it wasn't even close, at least Coles got open from time to time. Cotch was shut down by average defensive backs, and please don't say he was double covered, because that's simply not true.

After wyne chrebet went public about his life after football. I think L Coles is scared of getting another concusion, and in a way you cant blame him there is life after football. He is probably thinking it isnt worth it.

Well if that's so true then he shouldn't have signed a 2 year extension deal with the Jets.Coles should have just retired.He's just greedy for money and heartbroken that his lover Pennington is with Miami.

Havent you noticed he is only running out routs, COLES use to get the tough yards down the middle. he is nowhere to be found in the middle. HE signed a two year deal instead of retire because everybody in this world wants extra zero's in the bank accounts. It doesnt mean he has to earn it now does it.

I just can't get over the abuse he's getting over two ****ing drops!!! As though any other good WR has never dropped a ****ing pass. Who remembers Cotch towards the end of last season where he seemed to be dropping as many as he was catching. Yet for some reason people don't give him a hard time like they would with LC. Coles was better than Cotchery yesterday and it wasn't even close, at least Coles got open from time to time. Cotch was shut down by average defensive backs, and please don't say he was double covered, because that's simply not true.

Drops are never excused if you're on the field, but didn't Cotch have a broken finger then?

Drops are never excused if you're on the field, but didn't Cotch have a broken finger then?

Braylon Edwards led the league in drops last season, on his way to a 16 TD performance. TO was second in the league, and he also had a great season.

This season, by my count, Braylon Edwards has 8 dropped passes. Officially I believe they've got him on 5. I'm pretty sure the Cleveland media and fans have it closer to my count though.

Brandon Marshall had 2 dropped passed I believe on Sunday. He of course also caught what was it, 18 passes?

The problem is that Coles isn't catching as much as he is dropping, or rather, his drops don't correlate well with his receptions. Either do Edwards' so far, and that's why he is taking heat. But Coles 2 drops are obviously far worse than Brandon Marshall's two drops.

After wyne chrebet went public about his life after football. I think L Coles is scared of getting another concusion, and in a way you cant blame him there is life after football. He is probably thinking it isnt worth it.

I think he's more than afraid of another concussion.

At the end of the long play it looked to me that he hit his head on the ground on the tackle, and it looked like he raised his hands to his head. Then they showed him on the sideline, and I thought he had that goofy, "Where am I?" look on his face.

I don't think he's fully recovered from the concussions, I think he knows it, and I think the coaching staff knows it.

Not only did he have a broken finger but for the second half of last season he was the #1 receiver as Coles missed two games and in other games played maybe a series or two before leaving, so average Corners my arse. He was going up against teams' #1 corners such as Terence Newman, Asante Samuel, etc.

Also, those two drops were big drops, plays that were first downs or were going to be first downs and also come in Week 2, not Week 14 of a 4-12 campaign.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived