Joe Benigno "Oh the Pain Podcast"

19 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I would rather stick needles in my eyes and have my teeth pulled than listen to a Benigno or Francesa podcast.  

For some of us older fans, the latter event will have no impact - I will at some point just be able to hand them over ...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

For some of us older fans, the latter event will have no impact - I will at some point just be able to hand them over ...

I'm there with you. I still stand by my statement.  I have not listened to a word spoken by either of them in any format since 2009.  They are both a complete waste of time. One is the most negative person I have ever heard on the radio.  The other spends 90% of his time discussing the Yankees and baseball.  In my opinion, I don't need Benigno's glass always empty view of the Jets and I have lost all interest in baseball and hate the Yankees. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

How is this guy still relevant? It seems he has a shtick and keeps to the script on how bad the Jets are and always will be. I did listen at first because i thought it was funny and i could relate being a fan for so long and being so bad But now it's sad and just unbearable to listen to.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

How is this guy still relevant? It seems he has a shtick and keeps to the script on how bad the Jets are and always will be. I did listen at first because i thought it was funny and i could relate being a fan for so long and being so bad But now it's sad and just unbearable to listen to.

Nostalgia from him doing the overnights in the 90's. And Town Fair Tire fans. He's a broken record now but he does understand the history of the franchise, which still carries weight...especially with how the team is covered now with the younger generation.

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Nostalgia from him doing the overnights in the 90's. And Town Fair Tire fans. He's a broken record now but he does understand the history of the franchise, which still carries weight...especially with how the team is covered now with the younger generation.

I don't think Joe B is an act.  There are times he's optimistic about the team.  The problem is that if you're realistic about this franchise, you come off sounding like an "eeyore" (credit to SAR I for the term) because they've been so bad over the years.  I think we're currently tied for the longest stretch in franchise history of missing the playoffs.  So one of the worst franchises in the NFL having one of its worst stretches ever.

But that makes Joe B a drama queen?  To me, someone calling Joe B a drama queen probably means that they're a drama queen.  They basically just want to "virtue signal" to others that "I'm not one of those negative fans".  Honestly, I find that type of attitude to be even more annoying.  

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't think Joe B is an act.  There are times he's optimistic about the team.  The problem is that if you're realistic about this franchise, you come off sounding like an "eeyore" (credit to SAR I for the term) because they've been so bad over the years.  I think we're currently tied for the longest stretch in franchise history of missing the playoffs.  So one of the worst franchises in the NFL having one of its worst stretches ever.

But that makes Joe B a drama queen?  To me, someone calling Joe B a drama queen probably means that they're a drama queen.  They basically just want to "virtue signal" to others that "I'm not one of those negative fans".  Honestly, I find that type of attitude to be even more annoying.  

The history of team team- Namath and SB 3 being basically the one positive and then Hess, Woody and all of the other nonsense Beningo understands. It's important when talking about the franchise. The Jets history of losing matters...dont let some of the new jock sniffing media tell you it doesn't. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I do agree he does know the history of this franchise i just don't like the way he always takes a negative spin on everything. I understand the Jets have not warranted any praise and love this past Decade and 2 years but it does get redundant and childish.

7 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

I do agree he does know the history of this franchise i just don't like the way he always takes a negative spin on everything. I understand the Jets have not warranted any praise and love this past Decade and 2 years but it does get redundant and childish.

The team hasn't made the playoffs in 12 years. The owner left the team and put his even less competent brother in charge. They've drafted bust after bust quarterback. The Jets deserve this type of ridicule until they start winning.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The team hasn't made the playoffs in 12 years. The owner left the team and put his even less competent brother in charge. They've drafted bust after bust quarterback. The Jets deserve this type of ridicule until they start winning.

Completely agree with you there my friend this team for 40 years for me has kicked me in the nuts year after year. I would like a non-kick in the nuts type of year from time to time. 

8 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

It's one thing to tolerate him on the radio because he's on when you're listening... Wholly different animal to actually seek this guy out.

Well said. Beningo is a depressed moron, somebody who probably still thinks Taco Bell is one of the Baby Bell spinoffs from AT&T. I guess getting replaced by Craig carton does that to people.

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

Well said. Beningo is a depressed moron, somebody who probably still thinks Taco Bell is one of the Baby Bell spinoffs from AT&T. I guess getting replaced by Craig carton does that to people.

Benigno wasn't forced out.  He chose to retire.  And he was one of the few people on WFAN who actually talked sports.  I don't think they have anyone left who does that.

• Upvote 1