We should be able to play smash mouth football and win

nico002

Give me a break. Yea, we have Brett Favre, that doesn't mean we need to air it out 100 times a game and be a finesse team. Although Favre has a cannon, he has always been known for his short passing game as well. Favre is a big upgrade over Pennington and Clemmens, in both the short and long passing game. This does not mean that we have to go to huge plays on every drive.

We have invested two first round picks and 27 trillion dollars on a new offensive line. We have a solid one two punch in leon washington and thomas jones as well as an all - pro FB in Tony Richardson.

We should be able to pound the ball in from 3 yards out. We should be able to announce over the stadium speakers that we are running it down the middle three times and still score.

We have a monster nose tackle in Chris Jenkins and two very good ends in Ellis and Coleman. We have an extremely talented group of Line Backers. We have the best safety and cover corner in our division. We have a defensive minded head coach.

We have the tools to be a very effective pound you in the ass football team. Favre adds an extra dimension to the offense, but it does not mean that we should move away from being a physical team.

I agree that we should be more aggressive on first down or at least show a little more variety. But those saying that Chad Pennington could have ran the offense yesterday are delusional. We tried to go downfield, things didn't go our way. We had 10 passing attempts for over 20 yards. If Cotch doesn't called for PI and Coles doesn't drop two gimme passes, Favre has over 250 yards passing and a TD.

Again, at its core this is can be a power team on both defense and offense. We have the ability spread things out as well but that does not mean that we should focus primarily on our vertical game.

We have more invested in our lines and backs than in our quarterback and wide receivers.

I expect we will be able to run fairly well against most teams this year. Nobody is going to run well against the Pats. Their front seven are still great. Seymore looks like the Seymore of old. Vrabel and Thomas have not slowed down yet and Mayo looks like a good one. You have to adjust for who you are playing. Of course, that requires a coaching staff with some guts and imagination.

My team gets by with Willie Parker, playing smashmouth, so i would think that TJ could handle it for you guys. The Jets did have some success running the ball early. But that 3 straight runs at the goal line killed me. I figured they'd let Favre try at least one pass. But also the Pats have always been good at RZ D.

My team gets by with Willie Parker, playing smashmouth, so i would think that TJ could handle it for you guys. The Jets did have some success running the ball early. But that 3 straight runs at the goal line killed me. I figured they'd let Favre try at least one pass. But also the Pats have always been good at RZ D.

I think that is the one thing all the Jet fans here can agree on-running the ball three straight times against the best part of NE defense was terrible playcalling.

I think that is the one thing all the Jet fans here can agree on-running the ball three straight times against the best part of NE defense was terrible playcalling.

yup, right into the teeth of the beast

the ol's PA fake pass to the TE is popular for a reason

it works

I disagree

That was our chance to tell BB to go F-himself....we're going to pound it down your throat, and there's nothing you can do about it

Well, our O-line was not ready to make that statement....especially Faneca and Mangold

BTW....Kenyoon Coleman blows

He constantly gets run over, and I mean RUN OVER

Archived