Faneca=overrated???

Obrien2Toon

I know its still early, but I haven't seen much from him. Considering all of the hype around him. I'll admit he's better than Clarke. The Steelers don't make too many mistakes, and if they let him go so easily maybe they saw him starting to slip.

Hes been pretty good for the rushing. Jones is off to a way better start than last year, and Faneca is a reason for that. Favre has had a lot of time in the pocket. Faneca is doing just fine. I like our line as a whole. the line has had a couple hiccups, but it was expected.

God, how many stupid threads are going to pop up on this forum. Faneca's overrated, Favre sucks, Chad is god, Mangini should die, Tannenbaum's an idiot, why did we cut Ben Graham, Harris is no Jon Vilma, Revis is a bust, we suck, we're never going to win a game again, ther season is over, blah fukking blah blah blah................

God, how many stupid threads are going to pop up on this forum. Faneca's overrated, Favre sucks, Chad is god, Mangini should die, Tannenbaum's an idiot, why did we cut Ben Graham, Harris is no Jon Vilma, Revis is a bust, we suck, we're never going to win a game again, ther season is over, blah fukking blah blah blah................

LOL.

I know its still early, but I haven't seen much from him. Considering all of the hype around him. I'll admit he's better than Clarke. The Steelers don't make too many mistakes, and if they let him go so easily maybe they saw him starting to slip.

ugh

the JETS had a tomato can at LG and went out and got the best LG available

what exacly was your plan to improve the position ?

The insanity will never end......NEVER!!! ](*,)](*,)](*,)

no, I'm definetly glad they upgraded the position. But when you spend that much of your cap space on a guard and he doesn't totally dominate ala S. Hutchinson. You put yourself at a big disadvantage. And I definetly don't see him dominating.

I have yet to see any guard "dominate" Seymour, Wilfork and Warren.

no, I'm definetly glad they upgraded the position. But when you spend that much of your cap space on a guard and he doesn't totally dominate ala S. Hutchinson. You put yourself at a big disadvantage. And I definetly don't see him dominating.

so this is a cap space issue ?

let tanny worry about the cap

Some of you guys whine like old women. We're just two games into the season, for ****'s sake.

I swear, if we won the Superbowl ,the next day we'd have 2 or 3 pages of topics like "Only way is down", "Ticket prices will go up", "Almost impossible to win back-to-back SB's" and "How many players will be lose now?"

Some of you guys whine like old women. We're just two games into the season, for ****'s sake.

I swear, if we won the Superbowl ,the next day we'd have 2 or 3 pages of topics like "Only way is down", "Ticket prices will go up", "Almost impossible to win back-to-back SB's" and "How many players will be lose now?"

You are on the money here.

Couldn't have said it better.

D brickis better because of the guy on his right! What's his name?

That alone is worth the money!

Exactly. Nowhere on a football team is chemistry and teamwork more important than the o-line. The running attack and the pass protection thru 2 games is greatly improved over last year. That is the bottom line.

Or you can watch Fanaca give up one sack to Seymore and draw ridiculous conclusions.

D brickis better because of the guy on his right! What's his name?

That alone is worth the money!

Got to say you have a good point there.

And no I'm not making this conclusion that he is overrated over one play. Have you watched the games? He is not playing that well. Don't forget he is guard in his 30's. Players do begin to slow down.

Yeah. The Steelers are clearly in great shape without him.

Got to say you have a good point there.

And no I'm not making this conclusion that he is overrated over one play. Have you watched the games? He is not playing that well. Don't forget he is guard in his 30's. Players do begin to slow down.

Dont let these guys bully you into changing your position. Faneca has been ok thus far but nothing more. The Jets run right 90% of the time, if not more, behind Moore and Woody. Faneca certainly doesnt pull the way he used to (and nowhere near as well as Mawae and Thomas did as Jets), so I dont see that he deserves too much credit for the improved running attack. I give more credit to Favre and the fear he strikes in DBs - they cant just sit in the box as they could last year.

Its cool to love the Jets but not love everything they have done. Its a reasonable topic of conversation and therefore a good thread! IMO.

no whining, just calling how I see it. Pace looks great, same for Jenkins. Lowery looks good, D'Brick better. And then Faneca average, Gholston horrible.

i have liked what i have seen from Faneca. Although i think Hutchinson in Minnesota is a better all around guard.

We may have gotten the bad end on the price but you can't deny brick looks much better than last year. It's almost like we can take a 3rd of faneca's salary and apply it towards brick and mangold with as much as they have improved this season.

I'm still cool with him. I'd like to see Jones and Leon get over 200 yards in a game at some point this season. We'll see.

i have liked what i have seen from Faneca. Although i think Hutchinson in Minnesota is a better all around guard.

We may have gotten the bad end on the price but you can't deny brick looks much better than last year. It's almost like we can take a 3rd of faneca's salary and apply it towards brick and mangold with as much as they have improved this season.

I'm still cool with him. I'd like to see Jones and Leon get over 200 yards in a game at some point this season. We'll see.

Brick has put on a ton of weight, which I presume is muscle. And still he cannot run block at all. Mangold is no better than he has been. The Jets run right for a reason: Moore and Woody are their best better run blockers.

Archived